Hi,any one try the new serpent brushless conversion part number 600666
it comes with no instruction manual,......... thank you very much
Old 10-31-2013, 01:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

What do you need to know.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Initiate

WD - thanks for your advice on the build - i started this weekend - it is a bit weird if you have never built the nitro truggy or the ebuggy (like me) - you have to go back and forth between the manuals and do trial and error...because, in the end, there is not a manual that walks you through all the parts/steps of the etruggy - if anyone has any questions i can try to answer them

On a separate note, what motor size are people finding works with the etruggy? - the ebuggy thread talked a lot about 1900/1950kv - i would imagine something bigger? 2000? - 2050? - 2200? - thanks!
Old 11-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Tech Initiate

I run the Tekin 2000kv truggy motor in a nitro conversion for the last 2 years and had no problems with it. The gearing I use is between a 15 and up to a 17 teeth pinion gears.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Initiate

I have just ordered the new conversion kit myself , time for a up grade. Had the old nitro chassis for the last 2 years. See how the new kit goes.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Is there a thread just for the eTruggy yet? Just wondering if the ebuggy rear alum brace will fit on the truggy...
Old 11-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tkge
Is there a thread just for the eTruggy yet? Just wondering if the ebuggy rear alum brace will fit on the truggy...
It will not fit. The etruggy battery trays are parallel to eachother, not tapered in towards eachother like the ebuggy. The plate that spans across the battery trays is much wider, and much farther forward from the rear tranny housing. Don't need an aluminum rear brace on the etruggy anyway. Not even sure there is an optional aluminum rear brace made yet.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Blink96
I have just ordered the new conversion kit myself , time for a up grade. Had the old nitro chassis for the last 2 years. See how the new kit goes.
Don't forget to flip the diffs over. Going from an RCM conversion to the official etruggy setup, the motor is turned around, so you need to flip the diffs to make the wheels spin the right way.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
It will not fit. The etruggy battery trays are parallel to eachother, not tapered in towards eachother like the ebuggy. The plate that spans across the battery trays is much wider, and much farther forward from the rear tranny housing. Don't need an aluminum rear brace on the etruggy anyway. Not even sure there is an optional aluminum rear brace made yet.
Ok cool. I love my ebuggy, so I bet this truck handles great like it does once converted. I really didnt like it Nitro, so glad this kit came out.

Also, I know in my ebuggy, the Tekin 1900 buggy motor is close to the steering post, will the truggy 2000 motor fit in this truck with enough room to clear that post because I know its a little longer....
Old 11-25-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Initiate

I think this is the the etruggy thread now...
Old 11-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

has any one got any video of the serpent truggy at all
Old 11-26-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Ok cool. I love my ebuggy, so I bet this truck handles great like it does once converted. I really didnt like it Nitro, so glad this kit came out.

Also, I know in my ebuggy, the Tekin 1900 buggy motor is close to the steering post, will the truggy 2000 motor fit in this truck with enough room to clear that post because I know its a little longer....
I am running the tekin truggy 2000kv motor in my etruggy, so yes it will fit.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Initiate

+1 - bought the same setup to install (hopefully this weekend!) and Serpent America confirmed that not only will it fit, but also recommended it as the right motor for the job
Old 11-26-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Don't forget to flip the diffs over. Going from an RCM conversion to the official etruggy setup, the motor is turned around, so you need to flip the diffs to make the wheels spin the right way.
Ah bugger! - now i am not sure if I followed the nitro truggy manual or ebuggy manual on this point - so looking at the ebuggy manual, the diff gear should be to the right of the pinion when looking at the pinion (both front and rear)

short of taking it apart, and forgive the ignorant question, what direction does the drive shaft spin when looking from the back of the car to the front of the car (i am assuming clockwise, but i actually don't know) - once i spin it in that direction, all four wheels will spin counterclockwise if I have the diffs in correctly, right?

thanks!
Old 11-26-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by flyrod
Ah bugger! - now i am not sure if I followed the nitro truggy manual or ebuggy manual on this point - so looking at the ebuggy manual, the diff gear should be to the right of the pinion when looking at the pinion (both front and rear)

short of taking it apart, and forgive the ignorant question, what direction does the drive shaft spin when looking from the back of the car to the front of the car (i am assuming clockwise, but i actually don't know) - once i spin it in that direction, all four wheels will spin counterclockwise if I have the diffs in correctly, right?

thanks!
Clockwise and counterclockwise all depend on how you are looking at the truck. The best way I can explain it is, if you pull the top of the spur gear to the right side of the truck (passenger side), the wheels will turn to move the truck forward. I guess you could call it clockwise for the spur, if you were sitting the back of the truck facing the front.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.