R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-23-2013, 05:38 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up HELP with starting to convert LST2 truck to brushless motor

Hey there people... I currently have a LST2 that I am going to convert to brushless motor. I am going to buy a HPI Brushless Flux Tork 2200kv motor and looking for a compatible ESC?? I also have a LST Conversion kit on its way but any advice or help would be greatly appreciated...
Middo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:16 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middo75 View Post
Hey there people... I currently have a LST2 that I am going to convert to brushless motor. I am going to buy a HPI Brushless Flux Tork 2200kv motor and looking for a compatible ESC?? I also have a LST Conversion kit on its way but any advice or help would be greatly appreciated...
If you are not going to run sensored motors I would suggest just rolling with the Castle Mamba Monster 2, or to get a first gen and waterproof it with liquid tape. They are durable and trusted without being over expensive. And I would assume that if you are putting it in a beast like the LST2 you would not be keeping it out the messy stuff.

The RX8 is a good option, but will cost more, and a lot of people also favor Hobbywing.
lbenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:34 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

If you are using the Losi conversion kit then the HPI tork motor will not work because of the heatsink on the motor...
Old 10-24-2013, 03:39 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

Really?? Can I make it fit by cutting out any bit to fit the heat sink part?
Middo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:17 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

FYI a moderator moved your original thread to the Monster Truck section and there's more replies there. Here's the link: iNFORMATION needed about Converting a LST2 to Brushless Motor

The inside diameter of the Losi mount is 43mm. You could shave down the little nubs/heatsink of the motor but why? The HPI motor is made by Castle to HPI's cheaper specs, so the Castle is a better motor that fits without mods. You really should check out your original thread, I posted some important information about the limiations of the Losi mount you need to read before buying a motor.