Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Which 1/8 buggy tires will be good for running in grass? >

Which 1/8 buggy tires will be good for running in grass?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which 1/8 buggy tires will be good for running in grass?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals
Hope your enjoying that slash, Those prolines I sent you with the truck did well for me on grass. Then again it was short cut grass, and I never really was running against any one just doing general driving.

The 17mm conversion would be kinda cool on the truck. It crossed my mind to pick the conversion up, just never did.
Man this slash is awesome! I can't believe it goes so fast on 2s. I know my buggy and couple of truggies were heavier but I think the acceleration and top speed on this is comparable to those vehicles on 4s. It flies pretty good too on the little ramps I have (I have to be getting over 15' easy... Never measured just guesstimating) The pro lines are okay in the grass when it's cut but it would be nice to eliminate some spin out when taking off.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by richracer2
Man this slash is awesome! I can't believe it goes so fast on 2s. I know my buggy and couple of truggies were heavier but I think the acceleration and top speed on this is comparable to those vehicles on 4s. It flies pretty good too on the little ramps I have (I have to be getting over 15' easy... Never measured just guesstimating) The pro lines are okay in the grass when it's cut but it would be nice to eliminate some spin out when taking off.
Sweet, glad you like it. I can understand, when I did run it on grass I never worried about spin out.

Imagine that truck on 4s and with a 4062, it was fun while it lasted but It tore to much up.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by richracer2
... it would be nice to eliminate some spin out when taking off.
Put some zip ties on your tires. Looped through the wheel and over the tread, like tire chains. I've seen videos. Superb on grass.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rufus2010
Put some zip ties on your tires. Looped through the wheel and over the tread, like tire chains. I've seen videos. Superb on grass.
Rofl!!! Awesome idea considering I've got zip ties for days. That would be a fun experiment just to say I did it!