Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HOBBYWING WP SC8, NOT SETTING THOTTLE RANGE! HELP!? >

HOBBYWING WP SC8, NOT SETTING THOTTLE RANGE! HELP!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HOBBYWING WP SC8, NOT SETTING THOTTLE RANGE! HELP!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 06:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Default HOBBYWING WP SC8, NOT SETTING THOTTLE RANGE! HELP!?

Hey,

I just got the Hobbywing WP SC8 EZRUN ESC yesterday. I am trying to use it on my Rustler with the stock motor (velineon). I have the TQi 2.4ghz 2 channel transmitter and the 5 channel receiver. Everything worked when I had the vx-3s ESC till I hooked up a 3s lipo and smoked it. I went with the HW WP SC8 because I could safely run 3s with out hurting anything and be waterproof.

I hooked it all up and then tried to set the throttle range. I turned on the transmitter then I held the set button, turn on the power and let go of the set button. Red light flashes and beeps I hit the set button to set the neutral position. Nothing happens. I found a video on how to do it on the HW website. I mirrored him still nothing!!? Sometimes the green light blinks twice. I tried to reset everything to default. Nothing is working! HELP ME PLEASE! Thank you.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:32 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Make sure the radio throttle trim is set to neutral as well, then try it
Old 10-18-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by theblitzkidd
Make sure the radio throttle trim is set to neutral as well, then try it
I tried it, still nothing. Also tried my venom 2s lipo and my 3s lipo. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default few things

few things, make sure you put the rec wire in right and that none of the wires backed out, also did you bind the rec to the radio before trying? is the esc wire in the 2nd slot on the rec, steering ch1, throttle ch2
Old 10-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by btrukr
few things, make sure you put the rec wire in right and that none of the wires backed out, also did you bind the rec to the radio before trying? is the esc wire in the 2nd slot on the rec, steering ch1, throttle ch2

Also, make sure the reciever is good, u have another to try, cause u should get some sort of indication as to the reciever being on(light, flashing, or solid)
Old 10-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default one more thing

I can't remember if it wants you to reverse the servo throw on your radio, plus zero the center and make sure the travels are at 100%
Old 10-20-2013, 01:06 AM
Tech Rookie

hey all,
im new to this stuff but have the same problem.
I've got a hyper7 thats I've rebuilt with a bl conv kit and have it all set.
tx works, pared with rx (both are tamco). steering servo works.
heres what I've done so far.

1. Started with same issue as o.p, (couldnt get any flashes or beeps during th calibrate).
2. reset all cables... and then the motor started beep.beep, beep.beep (according to the esc book, low voltage, so i charged battery which is a nimh 1800) - no lipo yet as run out of money
3. after batt charge was able to run the calib procedure, neutral (1 green flash and single beep), full forward (double flash and beep), full reverse (triple flash and beep).
4. Next issue, was motor wouldn't run, restarted esc and green flash, double beep on startup (normal) but then esc red led flickering and no motor, according to the book'o'words, esc flicker was sign of braking.
5. set all brake settings on tx to 0 and restarted esc.
6. now get normal startup flash and double beep, and then esc has no lights (so normal right)?

well heres the problem, the motor is doing this soft clicking (like its trying to turn over) but nothings happening.

Any suggestions?

Its a HobbyWing EZRUN WP-SC8 with a Leopard BL Motor.

Thanks in advance and hope this may have been of help.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:21 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm smart... I had the connecter backwards. The stock connecter had a tab and the HW connecter did not. I put it the wrong way. Thanks for the help guys!