R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Some rc10gt questions (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/76385-some-rc10gt-questions.html)

NitroRacerXX 06-27-2005 07:35 PM

Some rc10gt questions

i am going to buy a rc10gt factory team kit. you have to put that together rite? will i be able to do that even though this is my firsat nitro? is that a pull start and do i want a pull start? im not going to be racing this car but will it still be fine to fool around on dirt fields and the road and go of some small jumps? sorry for the newbie questions :D thancks for the help.....

Brad8283 06-27-2005 08:14 PM

The factory team kit is a race kit that must be assembled. Only you can answer the questions of if you can build it or not and if you want a pull start or not. You need to have some knowledge of RC kits to build them, but if your just bashing you might as well save money and time by getting the ready to run GT.

Team Duratrax 06-28-2005 03:01 AM

I agree.You are going to be spending at least $500+ to get a Factory Team GT up and running.

You can get the RTR RC10GT Plus for only $245 at www.towerhobbies.com

Sean

NitroRacerXX 06-28-2005 08:24 AM

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUJ15&P=0 that model isnt rtr though rite? what would i need to buy to make it run? i also found a nitro evader st rtr for 250 and it has a warranty. are they ok cars? thanks for all the help

Cain 06-29-2005 05:50 AM

That appears to be the standard team level kit.

You will need all that it states on the site to get it going. If you plan to race, I would probably go with the non-pull start version and get a starter box. Less headaches than the pullstart setup. Or, talk to some people on an RC10GT board to find out what other starting methods you can use ( roto start, etc ).

Personally, I like AE products, but right now I feel you get alittle more value out of the Losi XXX-NT, especially the AD2 edition.

if you really want to go hog wild into racing and want the top of the line kit, really research both of these vehicles.

If you are looking to play mainly, the RTR version may be your better bet, and I would also take a look at the traxxas Jato as well for play purposes.

D Mac 06-29-2005 06:12 AM

If your not going to race I would fo with the traxxes Jato, the ar ready to run for like 350, have a 1800 number you can call and talk to a live tech about problems, lhs always carrys traxxes parts, and if you decide you want to race, you can do a few mods to it and you can race

Brad8283 06-29-2005 07:28 AM

I agree with the Jato suggestion. That would be a perfect truck for fooling around, but you stated you where looking into Associated. Try to stick with the brands that your local hobby store carries, they will be able to help you the most. There is only so much info one can give through a forum, and half the time poelple do not put info relevant to your question.

My RTR suggestions are as folllowa: RC10GT RTR, Traxxas Jato, and Team Losi xxx-nt RTR.

initrofreak 06-30-2005 09:57 PM

any suggestions

hello

i got the original AE RC10 GT with .15 non pullstart. i got it over 3 years ago and have only used it 1/2 dozen times. i started with 5% nitro and currently up to 15%. since i dont use it as much, i pull the motor apart after every use.

my questions:
how far do i go with the nitro? 20%? 25%
different mixtures?
i dont race and just bash around, any suggestions on a bigger motor?
is that motor on the newer RCgt2 any better?

any help would be appreciated

thanks
scot

Brad8283 06-30-2005 10:01 PM

Dont go over 20% nitro. The engine you currently have on it is good engine for bashing. Do not know what your talking about when you are referring to the rc10gt2. it does not exist.

initrofreak 06-30-2005 10:51 PM

thanks..

20% thats great...

so AE never released a new rc10gt, my one is still current after 3years?

i just assumed that they got i newer one since tamiya got at least 6 cars after my TA03 and losi got the same after my xx4...

Team Duratrax 07-01-2005 03:07 AM

Why do you pull apart the motor after every run?

Yeah the RC10GT has been competitive for quite some time now and it still is.

Sean

NitroRacerXX 07-01-2005 08:50 AM

i would go with the jato if i had that much money... i only have like 250 so thats y i was lookin at the rc10gt

Cain 07-01-2005 01:20 PM

Someone Asked AE on there QA forum about the stuff on Tebo's GT and they listed what I believe is on it right now that you can buy to be on point.

As for the newer vehicles, don't discount the old stuff, in particular the XX-4, Losi thought little enough of the XXX-4 that for the worlds they are going back to the XX-4 since it handles the rough stuff better. With the X-5 conversion on it, its a rocket.

rc10gt_basher_7 07-03-2005 12:15 AM

hey

hey you guys seem to know a lot about rc cars. well i have a rc10gt and got it a couple years ago its in great shape still but my engine is having trouble staying started. i have an os max .12 cvrx. it seems that it will stay started then die after a couple laps is there any default low speed, high speed, idle speed settings so i can try that and go from there. my friend thinks that the carb might be worthless tell me what you think. thanks :)
-david

Team Duratrax 07-03-2005 12:29 AM

There shouldn't be any problems with the carb besides the obvious, tuning.How is your engine behaving? Does it idle smoothly? does it run without hesitation?

Im guessing you need a new glow plug.

Your not using the 2 year old fuel though are you?

Sean