Wiki Posts
Search

soe body can explain me that weld on tekin rx8

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 241 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ninzx7
no power switch, red and black switch cables are welded in the tip together, and welded together to the red cable of the battery (pics #2 and #4)
And you're saying that if you take the red/black switch wires off of the red battery post that the rx8 will not work? Even with the red/black switch wires still connected?
Old 10-03-2013, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro_mt_racer
And you're saying that if you take the red/black switch wires off of the red battery post that the rx8 will not work? Even with the red/black switch wires still connected?
yes, as you said, red and black connected and welded, removed from the red cable of the battery and no power, other strange thing is if I touch the red battery cable (the positive one) with the red of the switch alone no power on the esc, if i do the same with the black no power too, they need to be connected, I touch the positive of the battery and power is on, very very strange that problem.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ninzx7
yes, as you said, red and black connected and welded, removed from the red cable of the battery and no power, other strange thing is if I touch the red battery cable (the positive one) with the red of the switch alone no power on the esc, if i do the same with the black no power too, they need to be connected, I touch the positive of the battery and power is on, very very strange that problem.
My advice is send it in, there is something wrong with it. To properly bypass the switch you will only need to solder the wires from the switch together and insulate that joint. Attaching that to anything is nothing I have ever seen or heard of.

On another note... I like having the switch, it has not been a problem for me except for the issue of finding a place to put the switch that works well and is only 2 inches from the ESC. I wish it was standard practice to build it into the case of the ESC, and to make the anti-switch crowd happy maybe put a bypass jumper in the case so it is always on when the battery is attached. < HINT HINT to all you manufactures out there >
Old 10-03-2013, 05:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 316 (100%+)

Ya, I think someone fried the internal board relay and they decided to bypass it with a hardwire.
Its ingenuitive, but dangerous.