Old 09-29-2013, 07:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i like sct but i like the fun of buggy i say go buggy
Old 09-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by socal23
I don't want to start up a bashfest but I will note that the least of my issues in my Durango SCT is turning. My truck turns on a dime. One of the smoothest trucks I've own and ran. Perfect body roll in the corners. I run all my electronics inline. As for the Durango buggy, never had turning issues either. Would recomened the +8 type b chassis. The extra length really does help. And you cab pick them up cheap as we'll.

Just my .02
I was referring to the buggy, should have clarified.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Get both! I got the 22sct first, love it... then got the 22 2.0 buggy and I hated it, it was much more touchy and extremely fast. However, more practice has made me love the buggy and made my short course driving much better. I will say this, the short course is 17.5 stock class, the buggy is 8.5T mod class.. so vast difference haha.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gruman28
I was thinking of buying one of the Durango rtr. I know I isn't the best, but I can get them for under $200. I already have batteries and a radio. Plus a few brushless motors. I am trying to leave my inroad stuff intact.

Thanks for all the info.
We have about six rtr Dingos at the track. You will need a faster motor for run what you brung. A stronger servo is highly recommended.

My rtr SC was bought used, so I don't know about tires. It came with a super cheapo Geforce sensored motor 10.5. The buggy rtr tires did gret on our loose track, may be too grippy if anything for indoor.

The steering comes loose and needs to be tightened daily on my SC. Buggies have been solid s well, have not heard any crying in the pits.

As for SC or buggy, their both fun but have a really if fervent style, no right answer. Will anyone let you take a test drive?
Old 10-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thanks everyone. I have driven Sct but never buggy.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Initiate

2wd buggy are a lot if them I have to be good because their are tons of competitors in it 2wd also but their are less if those competitors and u will have fun. My friend just bought a team durango 2wd sct desk 210 for 140 on ebay ( no electronics).
Old 10-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If you want to really learn to drive then get a buggy. Biggest thing is to not put too much motor in it. If they have a 17.5 class, start there. If it's just open classes, go 13.5 turn.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Initiate

If the track Is indoor and hard clay then you'll need barcodes gold for the buggy. These tires do great on clay tracks. If I had a choice between buggy and sct ill choose the buggy because u learn how to drive better and learn a lot about it.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Tech Rookie

What's y'alls opinion on either the losi xxxsct or the hpi blitz. I want to get into the 2wd short course racing but torn between these trucks any opinions?