Search
Like Tree28Likes

TLR 22-4 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Just a heads up on those ballstud spacers, 3Racing makes em and they're dirt cheap and in many colors.
Can be had at tqrcracing.com
Sorry late to the party but I guess others may be lookin too.
Cool link. I don't dig the blue but it works so I'll def check your link.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Just a heads up on those ballstud spacers, 3Racing makes em and they're dirt cheap and in many colors.
Can be had at tqrcracing.com
Owner Sean is a great guy and ships same day, cheap.
Sorry late to the party but I guess others may be lookin too.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...yword=&pg_no=4
Originally Posted by gticlay
Cool link. I don't dig the blue but it works so I'll def check your link.
Updated the post to get to the colored ones.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Updated the post to get to the colored ones.
The purple is so 80's mountain bike!
Old 02-23-2014, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 126 (98%+)

To change the ackerman from A to B do you just move the ball studs to B and use the same link?
Old 02-23-2014, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

The purple is so 80's mountain bike!
?
That's 70's Mopar, pro street 'cuda all the way.
Plum Crazy
Old 02-23-2014, 08:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toepush
To change the ackerman from A to B do you just move the ball studs to B and use the same link?
Yep. You will need to use the option steering horn..
Old 02-23-2014, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Just wanted to post about my first outing with the buggy.

I've driver wheeler before about 8 years ago so this was going to be all new to me again, before even hitting the track I took out the front hinge pins and put 22 shock shafts in it and let me tell you I put this car through the ringer. I hit just about everything on the track and the only thing I broke was the front arm. I was so happy it was just the front arm and not more with the way it landed off our big triple. The shock shaft was still attached and in perfect condition.

As far as the diffs, I broke them in for about 3 to 4 min each before hitting the track and adjusted them a couple of time during the day to get them set for the track conditions and they are smooth as butter.

It is a very big learning curve that is for sure but I'm going to give it a few weeks and see what happens. So far I love this buggy but the driver needs to pull his head out and learn how to drive again LOL
Old 02-23-2014, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 126 (98%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Yep. You will need to use the option steering horn..
Ok thanx. What will all that do for steering then?
Old 02-23-2014, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Bivens
I have a some of white wheels....2ea - 4wd front.....4ea - rear

....if anyone wants to trade their yellows for my whites....let me know.
Pm sent
Old 02-23-2014, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

?
That's 70's Mopar, pro street 'cuda all the way.
Plum Crazy
Perfect for you. I wasn't around till '73 though...
Old 02-23-2014, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toughtrax
Just wanted to post about my first outing with the buggy.

I've driver wheeler before about 8 years ago so this was going to be all new to me again, before even hitting the track I took out the front hinge pins and put 22 shock shafts in it and let me tell you I put this car through the ringer. I hit just about everything on the track and the only thing I broke was the front arm. I was so happy it was just the front arm and not more with the way it landed off our big triple. The shock shaft was still attached and in perfect condition.

As far as the diffs, I broke them in for about 3 to 4 min each before hitting the track and adjusted them a couple of time during the day to get them set for the track conditions and they are smooth as butter.

It is a very big learning curve that is for sure but I'm going to give it a few weeks and see what happens. So far I love this buggy but the driver needs to pull his head out and learn how to drive again LOL

Glad to hear you had a chance to run it. I just put in a 6.5 turn and had to gear it way down like you said. Went from a 22 to an 18 and the ESC isn't overworked anymore. Still don't have enough power to clear the jump by the stand. I can make the long one though.

Per you and Blake, I put the clicker in today and can't wait to get back and try it out.

I beat the snot out of the thing last Thursday and had no damage.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Had a decent race today at the track, and finished third. No breaks which are always good especially on carpet, but man for the life of me these diff can not hold up on super high traction. Here's to hoping the fella at TLR will bring us some gear diffs. If they did, the car would be unstoppable. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Question - I'm looking at getting the aluminum steering rack. But it looks like there is no A/B arm for the top of it included and I don't see that part on the TLR or Amain websites. I DO see the one for the servo. So is there no A/Baluminum arm? Anyone running the al steering know if that part is strong enough in plastic without the flex of the other parts?
Old 02-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=gticlay;13037752]Question - I'm looking at getting the aluminum steering rack. But it looks like there is no A/B arm for the top of it included and I don't see that part on the TLR or Amain websites. I DO see the one for the servo. So is there no A/Baluminum arm? Anyone running the al steering know if that part is strong enough in plastic without the flex of the other parts?[/QUOTE ]

you use the plastic horns supplied with the kit. Use a little locktite on the screw. I've had mine since day one without any problems.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:45 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by HotRod127
Keep the Dustin Evans setup and just drop your oil down in the front and back a little bit. I have been running the Dustin Evans setup and changed to 32 1/2 oil in front and 27 1/2 in the rear and the car has a ton of steering.
clay, bumpy track but fast. Run Gold bar golds all around with open cell foams and the car is awesome. Could use a little less steering but I'm working on it. O also im only running the +75 hex's not the +1.75 so that might be a big difference too.
Not sure what hexes you are running? TLR only makes STD and +1.5mm for this car right now as far as I know.

Question - I'm looking at getting the aluminum steering rack. But it looks like there is no A/B arm for the top of it included and I don't see that part on the TLR or Amain websites. I DO see the one for the servo. So is there no A/Baluminum arm? Anyone running the al steering know if that part is strong enough in plastic without the flex of the other parts?
I don't believe they make the front steering arm in alum. The square drive should not strip. They made the alum belcranks as they did have some concerns initially about the belcranks but they they hav been holding up well from what I have heard so not sure if you broke one and want to upgrade or? the plastic arm up there should hold up fine and it would be good to have a little flex somewhere in the system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.