R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 09-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default 8t 1.0.....replacement chassis?

So I'm selling a couple of my 8T's and wanted to keep one and make it better performing. I'd like to start off with a new chassis but is there anything available besides the Tekno one? Will a 2.0 one work that I converted using the Losi kit?
Old 09-21-2013, 04:37 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Yes it will , but you will need the rear center CVD as the 2.0 chassis is longer .....
Old 09-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
Tech Master

Ok.....sounds good. If I order the chassis, rear shaft, chassis guards and a 2.0 body, is there anything else I should need to change? Shocks and towers are down the road I'm thinking possibly along with aluminum front and rear braces.....
Old 09-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosh70 View Post
So I'm selling a couple of my 8T's and wanted to keep one and make it better performing. I'd like to start off with a new chassis but is there anything available besides the Tekno one? Will a 2.0 one work that I converted using the Losi kit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosh70 View Post
Ok.....sounds good. If I order the chassis, rear shaft, chassis guards and a 2.0 body, is there anything else I should need to change? Shocks and towers are down the road I'm thinking possibly along with aluminum front and rear braces.....
The truggy is a littler harder to convert, than the buggy.

#1 I'd highly consider the tekno kit, get a new 2.0 length chassis and get better/more options for setup, including the ability to use an e-clutch or the traction drive.
#2 you will need a 2.0 rear center shaft, a 2.0 rear shock tower, 2.0 rear body mounts and a 2.0 body at a minimum.

This by no means converts you to a 2.0 version especially on the rear end... most items are different hubs, arms, turnbuckles, shocks, cvds, etc etc etc. So in reality it's more like a 1.5 conversion and just swap the parts I listed above. 2.0 are Zero offset, so you will want to stay with the same offset wheels if you don't do a full front and rear conversion. Way too much money tied up in this, so again stick with a 8ight-t 1.5 until you change/upgrade.

Tekno did make a 8ight-t 1.0 conversion kit as well.... just a thought.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #5
Tech Master

Maybe you misunderstand.....I have only one converted 8T left and that is the one that has the Losi kit installed. I did have a Tekno kit in one but it sold the other day.

Well today I've ordered the Losi 2.0 chassis, the guards and rear shaft and picked up a 2.0 clear body from a newly opened RC shop here in town. So a rear shock tower and mounts are next I guess.