R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Trinity Epic Kill Shot 17.5T (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/759735-trinity-epic-kill-shot-17-5t.html)

joncmack 09-20-2013 07:30 AM

Trinity Epic Kill Shot 17.5T

X-post from the On-road Kill Shot thread:

If anyone has one, can someone confirm the factory setting for the motor timing on a Killshot 17.5T? Reason I ask is that I bought a "tuned" Killshot from someone who had changed the motor timing. My track only allows blinky and only factory set motor timing (i.e. if it comes from the factory set at 30 degrees, that's how it has to stay). I was told the Killshot comes set at 40 degrees (and from pictures I can find online, that looks to be correct)....but can someone confirm this for me? Just want to make sure I'm playing by the rules of my track.

(I attempted filling out the contact us form on Trinity's website but doesn't seem to be going through and thought someone here may be able to answer quicker)

Thanks in advance.

rcgod 09-20-2013 09:22 AM

That's the first time I've heard of a rule requiring factory set timing. How does the track intend to enforce that? Do they have a list of all the motors made and what they come from the factory with?

egobrkr 09-20-2013 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by rcgod (Post 12560705)
That's the first time I've heard of a rule requiring factory set timing. How does the track intend to enforce that? Do they have a list of all the motors made and what they come from the factory with?

+1 that is a silly rule.

joncmack 09-20-2013 09:56 AM

Yeah, they don't really tech....but if you're clearly pulling away from others on the track or clearing doubles that others can't clear, they will say something to you. It's more to keep everything even for the people who might have bought club spec esc's/motors that don't have any timing adjustments.

Here are the rules:

17.5 "Blinky" 2wd SCT
◦Any 2wd CORR truck
◦17.5 brushless motor (no timing)
◦ESC must be in "Blinky" mode (no boost, no timing)
◦Open tire
◦No additional side dams that were not included with your body of choice

Also, got the answer...40 degress is set from Trinity.

huzzler 09-20-2013 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by rcgod (Post 12560705)

My thoughts exactly. I thought rules for blinky allowed for motor timing just no boost on esc?

lbenton 09-20-2013 10:21 AM

[QUOTE=joncmack;12560783]◦17.5 brushless motor (no timing)QUOTE]

I would assume that means the timing must be set to 0 degrees, unless they said otherwise for some reason. That is the way I read it anyway.

mdwalsh 09-20-2013 12:41 PM

the revtech motors are marked differently than most motors, the "0" position is where its set from the factory @ 40 degrees

ashxxx 09-20-2013 12:58 PM

They make no set spec timing motors. Still not fair unless its a like fixed endbell

ashxxx 09-20-2013 12:59 PM

Bad thing with blinky is might limit timing and such but then it come to a Lipo war

Grandturk 09-20-2013 01:10 PM

Motor timing is not equal from one motor to the next. Each company sets timing at a neutral setting, but one company's neutral setting might still be faster than another's. This is not the right way to run a spec class and does more harm than good - IMO

joncmack 09-21-2013 02:52 PM

Well, the newest talk today is that they may start tech'ing everyone and making everybody turn their motor timing to 30 degrees. This sounds ridiculous to me. So that means for my Kill Shot based motor (Extreme Motorsports "Beast"), I will in essence be turning it -10 degrees from the factory Trinity setting (when I bought the motor, it was set to 58 degrees and I turned it back down to 40 to try to be fair....I doubt anyone else would have done that).

And yes, higher C Lipo's are definitely the ticket. Those with 100+ clearly have an edge.

rcgod 09-21-2013 11:30 PM

Sounds like whoever is making the rules at your track needs to get a clue. Or make it a true spec class and everyone runs a spec fixed timing motor.

racer1812 09-21-2013 11:44 PM

Where do you race at? So I can make sure NEVER to go there and support them!

I don't even run stock classes but can tell you that's the STUPIDEST rule I've ever heard!! Requiring headlight decals and a driver figure makes more sense.

That rule is so stupid I don't even know what else to say:eek:

flame56mx 09-22-2013 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by racer1812 (Post 12565104)
Where do you race at? So I can make sure NEVER to go there and support them!

I don't even run stock classes but can tell you that's the STUPIDEST rule I've ever heard!! Requiring headlight decals and a driver figure makes more sense.

That rule is so stupid I don't even know what else to say:eek:

Lol, hopefully there is no one from roar reading this thread...:eek: