Wiki Posts
Search

stormer hobbies?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ebay007
i am a member at tower. but im not from the US so the coupons i get are different, which maybe a problem, cos i want to order it to the US and then someone will bring it to me.

so maybe tower is better.

but where will it be the cheapest to get an eb48, tekin rx8, and a servo? (comes down to about a 1000)
Personally I'd order everything from tower

Tekno roller $550
Tekin gen2 combo $340
Hitec 7954 $100

Total is $990. Find something else for $10 to save $150 on $1000
$850 for everything is a real good deal
Old 09-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Nice store, they usually have everything I want
Old 09-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (98%+)

yup site is a pita but the front page has tons of deals. used to order stuff over the pone before n\having net back in the 90's only issue is shipping i think its usally ups ground ups kinda slow.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just wish he took Paypal! I'd spend a lot more with him!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

would love to see Stormer revamp their site to make it easier to shop and please add a wish list thing. I have been happy with all transactions with Stormer
Old 09-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oldschoolrcer
Just wish he took Paypal! I'd spend a lot more with him!
Me Too!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motofreak32
Me Too!
+1
Old 09-18-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

His site always reminds me of the old magazine ads I saw in R/C action when I was a kid
Old 09-18-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlavador
His site always reminds me of the old magazine ads I saw in R/C action when I was a kid
Exactly! I've always had great customer service with stormer! Accepting PayPal would be nice, it must be too expensive to do it though or I'm sure Bob would.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

i find both stormer and tower hard to navigate. amain is much easier IMO.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

rower has had the same website since the 80's lol. ok, maybe mid 90's. terrible search engine.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BLbound
Exactly! I've always had great customer service with stormer! Accepting PayPal would be nice, it must be too expensive to do it though or I'm sure Bob would.
Can't possibly be as much as taking Amex and Discover!
I know I don't take them anymore because the fees are twice that of Visa and MC.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks guys for all the kind words. We try VERY hard to get things out fast and at a great price!

And good find for the EB48.2 if you see something you're interested in, and we missed the mark (it can happen), call us up, give us a chance at your business.

Our site is different, I'll grant ya that. In a world where everybody is using the same canned software, I think it helps us stand out, even if it's not as flashy as some of the others. I feel our search, once you learn it, is the best out there. I might be a bit biased on that though.

I'm with you guys, I personally don't mind paypal and find it quite pleasant to use. My I.T. guys HATE it. and paypal hits us with some big fees. That said, it's worth noting that everybody else works through it so maybe we should make more of an effort to take it. But you have to remember what makes us unique is the feel and how we handle things. The whole store, site, advertising you see, is a large reflection on me. the things I like, that interest me, and we hope, interest you.

You'll notice we don't stock trains... I'm sure there's good money in trains, I don't care for them, and you can't race trains. I personally don't have time for them based on that. We don't list kites, ant farms, puzzles, etc. Probably great money makers... I couldn't care less about those items. Stormer Hobbies is really a reflection of my interests and feelings and opinions on the whole of the hobby industry. That may or may not make sense to everybody, but it's what makes us look and feel different. and we stock deep. How often have you come to our site and we were the only guys with something unique and hard to find? as an example we're listing over 3500 part numbers for Losi, even Horizon only lists 3300.

Call us any time with any questions, we'll do our best to help in any way we can. There are no phone directorys either... your call hits a human, first time, every time. I know it's old school, but I hate that press "1" stuff. let me talk to a human, that's how I want to be treated, and how we do it. Right or wrong. Just like my personal dislike for coupon codes and secret handshakes. WHY-O-WHY would you want to make your customers jump through hoops like that? Show the price. If you can afford a coupon code you could afford to sell it for less in the fist place. At least that's my opinion. And we're still here, so I must not be completely off base with that opinion.

I usually work long after everybody leaves, occasionally late at night and WAY after hours I'll randomly pick up the phone and help a customer. usually it blows their minds. I think it's kinda fun. "I thought you guys closed at 7?" Yea, we do. "it's 1am... what the heck are you doing there?!?!?" For the record, If that every happened to you? It was me. I still love the job and everything about it and cars and the technology. We played out on our track all day today. 6 of us, no reason, just jumping around and tearing stuff up, no timing system. Just good-old RC fun. And it's still a great time!

We are unique, 30 years now of being unique. We look different on the web, we are different. If we closed tomorrow... I'd be in Hog heaven for the rest of my life playing with everything in the building!!!! We only stock things I like. I get final say and I like the direction we take. And I hope that you folks do too. We wouldn't be here without you, and don't feel for one second I take that for granted or don't realize it. I am very grateful to all of you, truly. This is all I've really done my adult life, and I think that's pretty special. Thank you for that. and thank you for the support.

-Bob
Stormer Hobbies
stormerhobbies.com
1-800-ALL-RACE

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 09-30-2013 at 03:37 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:15 AM
Tech Regular

thanks for taking the time to comment bob.
every thing annoying about other shops looks to be good at yours.
the only problem is that i you don't accept Paypal. and as some one who doesn't live in the US its important for me to feel safe. and it shows that your shop can be trusted for some one who doesn't know you. (like me- until i asked)
Old 09-30-2013, 05:36 AM
J_P
Tech Addict

I dont get the hating on the web site. You type in what you are looking for. Click on the manufacturer, or all. And the parts come up. I tried others and it is imposible to get what I am looking for. All kinds of non related crap comes up. Stormer is better. I wont even look at other sights.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.