Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Reedy International Off-Road Race of Champions

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Default 2014 Reedy International Off-Road Race of Champions

As announced a few weeks ago, West Coast R/C Raceway, the home of the Reedy International Off-Road Race of Champions from 2011-2013, has closed its doors. All of us involved with the Reedy Race would like to thank WCRC, Danny Stojakovic, and the rest of the staff for their hospitality and dedication in helping the re-launch of this great event.

Reedy is pleased to announce that OCRC Raceway in Huntington Beach, CA will be the new home for its 20th running. OCRC will be the 11th facility to host the 27-year-old event. With the same organization staff, event sponsors, Scotty Ernst on the mic, and OCRC owner Robert Black all on board, racers are assured a world-class event.

In the 2013 event Southern California's Ryan Cavalieri took the win in the premier Invitational class, while victories from Carson Wernimont in 2WD Open and Rob Gillespie Jr. in 4WD Open have earned them the right to compete for the 2014 Invitational title.

As one of the most anticipated events on the racing schedule, the Reedy International Off-Road Race of Champions begins a new chapter at OCRC Raceway and will be held from January 23 - 26, 2014. Entries open September 16 at Noon PST exclusively on www.RCSignup.com. As in previous years, the event features its traditional 2WD Open and 4WD Open classes along with the combined Invitational 2WD/4WD format.

To allow everyone an opportunity to be a part of the 20th running of the Reedy Race, a lottery drawing for the open classes will be conducted on November 4, with the first 200 entries drawn securing a place in the event. Entry fees are not collected until after the lottery drawing for the selected open class entries and Invitational drivers. Remember, included with each confirmed and paid entry is a complete set of control tires, inserts and a personalized grab bag for each entrant.

The qualified drivers for the Invitational Class will not be confirmed until after the running of the IFMAR 1:10 World Championships. After completion of this event, the top 30 qualified drivers will be invited by the organizer to participate in the Invitational Class and compete to be the next name etched on the Mike Reedy Heritage Trophy.

Stay tuned to www.reedyrace.com for more information and event updates. Inquiries regarding the event should be directed to [email protected].
Old 09-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

outstanding. and thumbs up for RB. he's a cool cat that will put on a great show as always.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sorry to hear WCRC closed. Glad OCRC is helping out. And thank you for it still being in SO-Cal
Old 11-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

What time will the lottery results for the open class be posted?
Old 11-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Rookie

List is up. Funny how all the big names made the open class not one of them on the waiting list. I call BS on this what are the odds. Now the rest of of sit on the waiting list.

Bs plain and simple. Rise up internet call them out
Old 11-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mudflap74
List is up. Funny how all the big names made the open class not one of them on the waiting list. I call BS on this what are the odds. Now the rest of of sit on the waiting list.

Bs plain and simple. Rise up internet call them out
+1 no big names are on the waiting list. If you are going to do this, at least put them in the invitational class
Old 11-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

There's actually quite a few really fast guys on the waiting list.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Know your facts:
The top 10 (A main finalists) of each open class (2 and 4 wheel) are automatically in the first lottery drawing.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Tommy Hinz, Chris Wheeler, David Jenson, Jeff Helms, Randy Locken, Mike Friery, Scott Spear, Mikey Bustamante, Michael Losi, Cory Crosley just to name a few.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t4ftracer
Know your facts:
The top 10 (A main finalists) of each open class (2 and 4 wheel) are automatically in the first lottery drawing.
Corey crosley isn't in and he was top 10 last year..
Old 11-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MikeFriery
I agree with mike...I call b.s Also.And if the invited guys that didnt get picked get an automatic spot in open thats also bs. I thought they split it up (invite/open)to seperate the top dogs from the under dogs!!??? They should sit out jus like everybody else and wait in line!
Old 11-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Also anyone notice that 150 out of 200 of the lottery picks are sponsored by AE or run it...
Old 11-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I think the whole lottery system is BS. I know people that signed up without any real intention of attending the race. It was easy since you didn't have to pay during signup. Now we wait another month to see who does not pay and if our friends on the waiting list will make it in. I prefer the normal signup and pay routine, close it at 200 entries. We don't need signup to be open for a month and a half.

I'm in the race, just my .02 cents.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeFriery
Not sure where you got your information from either...
I just looked at last years Reedy race results and his name is not in the top ten of either 2 wheel or 4 wheel.
Not trying to start a flame war here, just passing along what I was told.