Wiki Posts
Search

Team AE T4.1 to T4.2

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Team AE T4.1 to T4.2

i have a NIB T4.1 when she's released more than a year ago.. the electric scene has regrown locally and i want to race it but now the T4.2 is out, so what do you guys will do in my position?? sell the 4.1 and buy the 4.2? or convert the 4.1 to 4.2 specs??? if the later is your route what parts do i have to buy? i know about the big bore shocks but that's it... thanks
Old 08-31-2013, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

It would most likely be cheaper to sell the 4.1 and get the 4.2. for a total upgrade you would be around 200.00 or more
Old 08-31-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by greenracing
i have a NIB T4.1 when she's released more than a year ago.. the electric scene has regrown locally and i want to race it but now the T4.2 is out, so what do you guys will do in my position?? sell the 4.1 and buy the 4.2? or convert the 4.1 to 4.2 specs??? if the later is your route what parts do i have to buy? i know about the big bore shocks but that's it... thanks
I'm not sure how much you could get by selling the 4.1, and a new kit is $279. For me it would probably come down to crunching the numbers. I had a T4.1 and was in a similar position. After running the numbers it was going to cost me over $200 to update my T4.1. Shocks are expensive and are a big part of the cost, but you also need updated front arms, hubs, towers, steering rack, and slipper assembly. I decided it was too much to swallow at once, so I gave my T4.1 to my wife and I bought a T4.2. I plan on building it as soon as I finish my B4.2. Your T4.1 is new, so that works in your favor - if you decide to just convert it to a 4.2 you will have a fresh kit to work with.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

hmmmm well, my wife do not dig into RC and my baby girl is only 4...i will love to give my T4.1 to her but she will destroy it in seconds... is not an entry level RC for here right now....if someone pull the trigger for 199.95 for the T4.1 i can do the 4.2 if not i think i'll keep the 4.1 and upgrade shocks and front arms only...decisions decisions..
Old 08-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

The 4.1 is great, I have one and love it, handles well!!!
Old 09-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theblitzkidd
The 4.1 is great, I have one and love it, handles well!!!
+1

The t4.1 did a fantastic job on its own and while the new upgrades are cool, the t4.1 does the job almost as well and there is no need to spend the extra cash. You should just race the 4.1 and when parts break THEN update them (over time) and that way instead of paying the hefty update fee you are just paying the costs of repair.. My two cents
Old 09-01-2013, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by FantomLeopard
+1

The t4.1 did a fantastic job on its own and while the new upgrades are cool, the t4.1 does the job almost as well and there is no need to spend the extra cash. You should just race the 4.1 and when parts break THEN update them (over time) and that way instead of paying the hefty update fee you are just paying the costs of repair.. My two cents
this is what i have been doing with my dads t4.1, started with bb springs, then to hexxes, vts, aluminum rack next is arms and tower, and finally big bores
Old 09-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FantomLeopard
+1

nice suggestion... i think i"ll do this!!! thanks!!