Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno R/C Please build us a 5th Scale Gasser. >

Tekno R/C Please build us a 5th Scale Gasser.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekno R/C Please build us a 5th Scale Gasser.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by samuelsonmark71
I think its silly to ask a company that deals mostly with electric kits to make a 1/5 gas vehicle, lol. Just my .02
You obviously haven't heard that Tekno makes nitro kits also. That was how Tekno was known is electric conversions, but not anymore.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
I've already replaced my center diffs outdrive and pin twice in only a dozen race days. The 5ive could use a universal/universal front center shaft with a slip yoke. But I doubt it could handle the angles.

Some simpler engineering: If you can keep your finger on my front center CVD's drive pin for 30 seconds after I complete a Q, I'll give you $100. You can brand cattle with that CVD after just 5min.
I think it would be a good idea for Losi to have the offset gearbox like they do in the rear up front. It would help with wear greatly with out sacrificing any performance, if anything it will gain performance.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
I think it would be a good idea for Losi to have the offset gearbox like they do in the rear up front. It would help with wear greatly with out sacrificing any performance, if anything it will gain performance.
Yeah. But I don't think you can offset both. The offset for the front would be on the left side of the car if you reversed the ring gear.

But they could offset the front to the right and flip the diffs (reverse) then run the rear drive shaft normal center with that diff flipped. The long rear shaft would have an angle, but it wouldn't be very extreme, I think....... If it was set that way, both shafts would be angled and the center diff would be further right, but the engine would be dead center, especially if they angled it a little as well.

Still, it's not a deal breaker. I have the front and rear assemblies off the chassis every 3 race days or less. So it's easy to swap a pin during those service intervals.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

That would be awesome if Tekno did a 1/5.

Right now, looking at this with some interest from MCD:

Darn near looks like you could brushless in there pretty easily with the right parts. Just wish there manuals were a bit readable, one I had for bit I just felt lost lol.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

did a search for the manual but didn't see it
What is that little plastic piece on the chassis with the series of holes for ?
Some adjuster of some sort i would think. pinion mesh ?
Old 08-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ridley
Brushless 5th scale is DOA,
5th scale was DOA

Originally Posted by samuelsonmark71
I think it's silly to ask a company that deals mostly with electric kits to make a 1/5 gas vehicle, lol. Just my .02

Old 08-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hoonigantoo
5th scale was DOA

5th scale stuttered because of the lack of decent vehicles. The 5ive is changing all that, and if you think 5th scale racing is DOA at this point, you don't get out much More and more places racing the 5ives every week. Plenty of naysayers out there about running them on 8th scale tracks, but just this last weekend for instance, a 5ive had the fastest qual and main of all the vehicles on the track.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by asc6000
did a search for the manual but didn't see it
What is that little plastic piece on the chassis with the series of holes for ?
Some adjuster of some sort i would think. pinion mesh ?
Adjusts the gear mesh according to pinion gear size.

The MCD RR5 is pretty cool, but they have had them in their team drivers hands for months, but still can't seem to get any kits out the door or even a price announced.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ridley
if you think 5th scale racing is DOA at this point, you don't get out much
I don't think the state of Ohio counts as "getting out much".
Old 08-26-2013, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hoonigantoo
5th scale was DOA

The ignorance on this forum is painful to deal with at times. Sometimes when a company has top notch support and makes top of the line kits, ask yourself wouldn't this be a great company to ask to build a 5th gasser. If you're answer is no, then you shouldn't be in this hobby. Also like I stated earlier Tekno does make nitro kits now, them being known for brushless conversions are out dated at this point.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Tech Champion

He has a point.

49% of 5th scalers are bashers. Never really getting together and putting on a decent race.

49% are racers who have no idea what they're doing. Usually too busy pandering to bling bling companies and completely in that phase where they have to buy ever part in a glossy add in RC Car Action Magazine. (we were all there once, they're still there)

2% is us experienced racers form 1/8th and 1/10th racing.

And too many of them confine themselves to the lowest common denominator:
"1/5th scale ain't designed for big air tracks" BS.
"1/5 scale can't fit on 1/8th scale tracks." Wrong. The 5ive is called a "Short Course Truck" for a reason.

"We don't like big jumps because that drunk clown over there has a toy Barbie Corvette that he has trouble rolling up them." Who cares, forget him and his lame euro car.

5th scale has some growing to do. Hopefully the 5ive will continue to pull in REAL racers from 1/10th and 1/8th scale racing.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
He has a point.

49% of 5th scalers are bashers. Never really getting together and putting on a decent race.

49% are racers who have no idea what they're doing. Usually too busy pandering to bling bling companies and completely in that phase where they have to buy ever part in a glossy add in RC Car Action Magazine. (we were all there once, they're still there)

2% is us experienced racers form 1/8th and 1/10th racing.

And too many of them confine themselves to the lowest common denominator:
"1/5th scale ain't designed for big air tracks" BS.
"1/5 scale can't fit on 1/8th scale tracks." Wrong. The 5ive is called a "Short Course Truck" for a reason.

"We don't like big jumps because that drunk clown over there has a toy Barbie Corvette that he has trouble rolling up them." Who cares, forget him and his lame euro car.

5th scale has some growing to do. Hopefully the 5ive will continue to pull in REAL racers from 1/10th and 1/8th scale racing.
My response was directed at the nodding of the heads to the" basicially saying its funny to ask a company like Tekno to build a 5th scale gasser" comment.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

The ignorance on this forum is painful to deal with at times.
Aint that the truth!!

No wonder this forum has turned into little boys in the basement posting about stuff they have no clue on, and a proxy advertisement service for the factory reps targeting those ignorant masses.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I was just illuding to the fact that the nitro buggy hadnt been out yet as well as the fact that Tekno has a huge list of stuff they are working on. Maybe in the future they could do it, but I would wait until their 1/8th nitro line is up and running. I didn't want to come across as snide, I would just say stay tuned?
Old 08-27-2013, 08:04 AM
Suspended

The ignorance on this forum is painful to deal with at times. Sometimes when a company has top notch support and makes top of the line kits, ask yourself wouldn't this be a great company to ask to build a 5th gasser. If you're answer is no, then you shouldn't be in this hobby. Also like I stated earlier Tekno does make nitro kits now, them being known for brushless conversions are out dated at this point.
what's especially painful to watch is the ignorance of someone posting their pitiful pleas in THE WRONG SECTION OF THE FORUM, somehow thinking they're going to get support from the 1/8 & 1/10 crowd, to a comparatively small company whose found their niche in the hobby and ridiculously thinking they'd be interested in a smaller niche.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.