Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JQ E-Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Default JQ E-Buggy

Anybody ever tried this buggy out how is it ? The price is good for me and it doesnt look bad .

http://www.amainhobbies.com/JQ Products "THE eCar" 1/8 Electric Buggy Kit
Old 08-18-2013, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Do a search there is a thread on it here. I've heard it's a good kit
Old 08-18-2013, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Jq e buggy 123 finish at our track today.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by slodustin
Jq e buggy 123 finish at our track today.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Prophet

How strong is this buggy i heard that this model comes with the improved plastics and metals . Also hows the wear on the drivetrain and plastics ?

Looks like Amain carrys the parts for it and the parts are cheap ! Now what other stores carry the parts for it also ?

I looked at the manuel for it and it does use straight cut gears but with no shims so im guessing they hold up good ?

Oh and one important thing is the wheel offset on the hubs 0 degrees ?
Old 08-21-2013, 05:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc5 man
How strong is this buggy i heard that this model comes with the improved plastics and metals . Also hows the wear on the drivetrain and plastics ?

Looks like Amain carrys the parts for it and the parts are cheap ! Now what other stores carry the parts for it also ?

I looked at the manuel for it and it does use straight cut gears but with no shims so im guessing they hold up good ?

Oh and one important thing is the wheel offset on the hubs 0 degrees ?
they hold up great

I have a v1 JQ with boiled plastics that were supposed to break easily and in 2 years racing the buggy has been very strong, just the rear hubs were weak in my case but they have been upgraded since. Considering the eCar is based on the yellow I wouldn't worry at all

It's a good car and an awesome brand in general, great team spirit too the team has always been helpful. I just bought the XB9E but keep racing the JQ for a reason, I've a hard time to do the switch. Too much attachment to the brand maybe
Old 08-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Pulse_
they hold up great

I have a v1 JQ with boiled plastics that were supposed to break easily and in 2 years racing the buggy has been very strong, just the rear hubs were weak in my case but they have been upgraded since. Considering the eCar is based on the yellow I wouldn't worry at all

It's a good car and an awesome brand in general, great team spirit too the team has always been helpful. I just bought the XB9E but keep racing the JQ for a reason, I've a hard time to do the switch. Too much attachment to the brand maybe

Ok sounds good ! Now i heard it drives like a Losi eight so that means you have to drive smooth with it ?

So im guessing also the wear is good on this Buggy ? And the wheel offset hubs are 0 degree right ?
Old 08-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Ok sounds good ! Now i heard it drives like a Losi eight so that means you have to drive smooth with it ?

So im guessing also the wear is good on this Buggy ? And the wheel offset hubs are 0 degree right ?
the v1 tekno v4 is quite different from the eCar so I've no idea how the eCar drives but it's easier than the v1 for sure

the wear rate is good especially since the updated plastics (jq yellow), even on the v1 the slop is good after two years and a half of racing

Chris Marrale should help you better than me on the eCar, maybe you can ask him in the dedicated section:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-comes-13.html