NEW TRAXXAS VEHICLE RELEASE >

NEW TRAXXAS VEHICLE RELEASE

NEW TRAXXAS VEHICLE RELEASE

Old 09-05-2013, 06:38 PM
bjb
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vwjuice
You would have to drop another $100 for a brushless system for it. Then you'll have to she'll put the money for the stampede center slipper assembly with the 32p gears.
In fairness, the Invictus doesn't come with a slipper either. I don't recall what it costs to add it though.

Originally Posted by vwjuice
Usually speaking they don't get the advertised speed with the equipment that Traxxas says is needed. Even Rccaraction and Rcdriver have tested the vehicles to get the speed and always fall short of what they advertise.
I 2nd this. I doubt the Stampede actually does 30 out of the box. Maybe in theory it could, but usually the vehicles radar slower for whatever reason.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bjb
In fairness, the Invictus doesn't come with a slipper either. I don't recall what it costs to add it though.

I know it doesn't, but I still think that it has a lot more value dollar to dollar compared to the Telluride. I think the price on the Telluride should be $200-$210 to be a good value.

It is kind of slow of course that's too be expected, but it struggled to climb things that a stampede would jump over.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHdOd...layer_embedded
Old 09-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Honestly, I would buy this thing just to cruise around my front yard and give my dog something to chase. I think its a great little car, it will get people into the hobby and parts are extremely available. I don't think you can say that about the Helion. I have 3 hobby shops close to me that all carry traxxas and only one hobbytown about 30 miles away. I would pick this purely on parts availability.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:40 AM
Tech Addict

As much as I'm on-board with the concept, Ive got to say after watching the videos posted by URC on youtube it looks like a fizzer.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:00 AM
bjb
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Metla
As much as I'm on-board with the concept, Ive got to say after watching the videos posted by URC on youtube it looks like a fizzer.
I second this. It really seems like they tried to make it too versatile and in the process made it not really all that good at anything.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Being a racer with multiple thousand dollar cars/trucks I have no use for it. But it's actually a perfect item for someone like my 4 yr old. He isn't going to care if it's "good" at anything, he just want's a "toy". And being a Dad into R/C for over 25 years I know it's not worth buying even a 4 yr old the "crap" from a big box store. This would out last a dozen POS cars that would cost me twice as much as the $300 for this.

I'm in no way the target market for Traxxas, but at the same time I am. Because it's MY wallet that they're gonna pull money out of to buy this for my little guy who IS there target market.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 365 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Being a racer with multiple thousand dollar cars/trucks I have no use for it. But it's actually a perfect item for someone like my 4 yr old. He isn't going to care if it's "good" at anything, he just want's a "toy". And being a Dad into R/C for over 25 years I know it's not worth buying even a 4 yr old the "crap" from a big box store. This would out last a dozen POS cars that would cost me twice as much as the $300 for this.

I'm in no way the target market for Traxxas, but at the same time I am. Because it's MY wallet that they're gonna pull money out of to buy this for my little guy who IS there target market.
Well said.

When my daughter is of age and if she feels the need to have an RC, it most certainly will be something from Traxxas. If over time she enjoys the hobby and wants something more race specific, then we can always upgrade.

This particular vehicle is perfect to narrow down what part of the hobby they want to get involved with. Its not a pro at anything but it does nearly everything.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Doh, I just bought my 5 year old a TRF201....

and I got his older brother a B4 FT a couple years back.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

I bought the Telluride last weekend for my son and I to play with together. He's 8 and I havent messed with RC since just after he was born. I used to race my mugen and serpent nitro's at space coast many, many years ago. Now that he's older I was thinking of getting back into it just to drive around the yard. I didn't want to mess with nitro (maybe later) again and opted for an RTR electric. I saw the telluride at my local Maniacs and got it.

The price is high but, for me anyway, for an RTR and not having to build it and go straight to driving it was worth it.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas Stampede 4x4 Brushed

I ended up getting the Traxxas Stampede 4x4 Brushed option (67054). Stampede is a nice platform with many options. Although it is a bit different than the 2WD XL5, the 4WD seems to be a nice set up. Retail price 300 but I got it for 270 at Tower Hobbies (with a coupon - no tax - free shipping). So far I am happy with it.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Metla
Doh, I just bought my 5 year old a TRF201....

and I got his older brother a B4 FT a couple years back.
WTF is your point?