Wiki Posts
Search

Using a Cargo Container as a Driver's Stand

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Using a Cargo Container as a Driver's Stand

Does anyone run, or race at a track where a cargo contianer (Steel) is used as a driver's stand?

If you do, any feedback would be greatly appreciated...specifically of issue are glitching concerns regarding the large amount of nearby metal...I don't expect that this should cause problems since we race indoors quite often in buildings that are primarily metal....

The metal-to-metal contact of the door hinges opening and closing I could potentially see a problem with...

Are there any issues that you've seen pop up..and if so, what steps were taken to help resolve them....

Any links to a track running this type of a setup would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
Old 06-10-2005, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The nitro outdoor offroad track here in Denver put in a container for a drivers stand this year, here is a link to a pic of the stand. I havent had any glitching problems since it's been up. The owner (Ross) is very active on the forum there too, if you send him a PM he should get back to you in no time.

The other track that i can think of is Arcor in Albuquerque, where the Mod Nats were last year. They have a metal roof on the stand and a chain link fence surrounding the entire track, but i have never had any glitching problems there. I dont see any pics on their new site, but they now have a message board. hope that helps
Old 06-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Thats a cool looking drivers stand.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks for the help...

my LHS is putting up a roughly 100x200' track with a container as a driver's stand and will be hosting a BIG race in July (read multiple pros present) and the main sponsor for the event expressed a concern...like I said..doors opening and closing providing metal on metal contact and noise might be a problem....but that is easily avoided...
thanks for the feedback..I'll forward the info to the track
Old 06-11-2005, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Windsorguy99
Does anyone run, or race at a track where a cargo contianer (Steel) is used as a driver's stand?

If you do, any feedback would be greatly appreciated...specifically of issue are glitching concerns regarding the large amount of nearby metal...I don't expect that this should cause problems since we race indoors quite often in buildings that are primarily metal....

The metal-to-metal contact of the door hinges opening and closing I could potentially see a problem with...

Are there any issues that you've seen pop up..and if so, what steps were taken to help resolve them....

Any links to a track running this type of a setup would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

The offroad track in Albuquerque, NM uses one for it's driver's stand. They also have a smaller one mounted on top, that they use for a race director/announcer booth. I didn't encounter any glitching when I raced there (but I've only raced there once). You might what to drop them a line. Here's their web site addy:

http://www.arcorraceway.com/

TC

CoBroRa/TAOB