Thunder Tiger S3 v Xray XB8 v Mugen MBX5 Prospec v Kyosho 777 Special 1 >

Thunder Tiger S3 v Xray XB8 v Mugen MBX5 Prospec v Kyosho 777 Special 1

Thunder Tiger S3 v Xray XB8 v Mugen MBX5 Prospec v Kyosho 777 Special 1

Old 07-08-2005, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

it feels so lonely
Old 07-16-2005, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

decided to go with the s3.best parts support here.now about the engine.how is max engine???good???and what pipe to go with it???thanks
Old 07-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey guys,what do you think about a rossi LSK?im thinking about trying one.i have a P5 now and love it.i will be keeping the P5 but am interested in the rossi also.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

after reading xrc 1/8 scale buggy cage match shootout,im beginning to shy away from the s3.the xrc drivers commented that the s3 chassis might be too stiff for some track and the rear end feels hoppy.so now adding the jammin' x1 cr to the list.it finished second in the shoot out behind the kyosho 777.the drivers said that the x1 felt planted and smooth to drive on the rough surface and were very suprised with this buggy.and the mugen is said to be consistent over the long test and looks the best.but the price is a killer.what exactly are the differences between the prospec and normal version.and is it worth the extra bucks to get the prospec???hopefully this thread grows alive again
Old 08-12-2005, 09:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Id defenitily go with the Jammin or Kyosho sp1/sp2..I own and race a sp1 and I love it..handles awsome on the track! The Jammin is getting awsome reviews and all the people that I know that have it cant say enough about it!
Old 08-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntc3freak
after reading xrc 1/8 scale buggy cage match shootout,im beginning to shy away from the s3.the xrc drivers commented that the s3 chassis might be too stiff for some track and the rear end feels hoppy.so now adding the jammin' x1 cr to the list.it finished second in the shoot out behind the kyosho 777.the drivers said that the x1 felt planted and smooth to drive on the rough surface and were very suprised with this buggy.and the mugen is said to be consistent over the long test and looks the best.but the price is a killer.what exactly are the differences between the prospec and normal version.and is it worth the extra bucks to get the prospec???hopefully this thread grows alive again
I just got a s3 for a great price... i've read either very good things or very bad things about this kit. I'm thinking most of the bad are from people that really don't own the car.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ntc3freak
what exactly are the differences between the prospec and normal version.and is it worth the extra bucks to get the prospec???hopefully this thread grows alive again
nothing 'essential' is in the prospec...

just buy the regular and then buy a few of the major hop ups like....

5mm Fr+Rr lower hing pin plates $30
5mm Fr Shock Tower $30
FR+RR Solid Chassis Braces $40
K-factory Threaded Hing Pins $25
Old 08-15-2005, 03:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default WHICH BUGGY

For goodness sake ntc3freak, just buy something before another company brings out a new car and we will have to go thru this all over again.

PS Get the prospec
Old 08-15-2005, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by opposite lock
For goodness sake ntc3freak, just buy something before another company brings out a new car and we will have to go thru this all over again.

PS Get the prospec
ay pete what do you recon? prospec for $750 us! or the CL1pro at the special workers price i can get? is the pro spec that much better? probably gonna have to wait another 4 moths for the cl1 pro

pm your thoughts dude
Old 08-15-2005, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

I know nothing about 1/8 scale buggies really, but maybe you culd take a look at the nosram .21. Reading one of the british rc mags I found that they are doing pretty well. Not saying it is the best...but just a sugestion to broden your choices.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Switch Blade,
Not trying to butt heads but ntc is trying to narrow his choices not broden them and in turn making the choice harder.

Ntc,
Your choice is going to depend on how much you want to spend. I just bought the Jammin and it rocks. I decide on the Jammin because it is almost $200 cheaper than the 777 SP2 and the MBX5, and spare parts are cheap also. The Jammin is super tough and its keeps up with the high end race buggies. Read the latest Xtreme R/C Buggy Cage match, the Jammin came in second to the Kyosho SP1.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

You can get a regualar mbx5 now for like 450.00 to 475.00. I had a mbx5 prospec and it is awesome but I dont it has any performance advantage of the regular mbx5. One opition I would get is the one piece engine mount. I have heard the the twp piece mount has flex in it and blows clutch bearings.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

X1 Pro is $500-550. SP2 is $600-650. That is $100 well spent.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

windellmc,
I know what you are getting at but some people are not as fortunate to shell out the extra $100 for a car. That $100 could be used to purchase an engine. Also, parts for the Kyoshos, Mugens, and Xrays are expensive. Case in point, the Jammin uses the same arms front and rear and they come in a pack of two for like 12 bucks, while the kyosho has different arms front and rear and each cost over 10 bucks same for the Mugen. I am not a national caliber racer so I went with the Jammin because one it got great reviews, parts are easy and inexpensive to come by, and third I can beat the crap out of some guys who have $1200 dollar set ups. I know a couple people say the Jammin is a cheap car, but Stephen Bess and the other guys at Xtreme RC car mag never mentioned anything about being cheap and I would take their word for it over forum recomendations. The only thing they said was how good this car was for the price and the only bad was that its so new that some hobby shops dont carry parts for it. I think some racers have an animosity towards it because they can not seem to fathom a new car competing with the beloved big two. Again I am not a full blown pro racer, I am a club racer, I like to save my money for things like hunting and beer for tailgaiting at LSU football games this season. Im a student with a low paying job and I have parents who think im an idiot for buying toy cars to race in the dirt. One last thing, most people that recommend a buggy and say that the Jammin cannot compete with the Kyosho and Mugen have no experience with the Jammin. Do not be scared of change, you dont have to get a Kyosho or Mugen to be the best.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

I forgot I bought my X1 CR for 450 on ebay brand new. The guy's shop is in Huntsville, Alabama. Great Deal!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.