Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan.J
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. So the stock chassis is all that's needed indoors I take it. Any other upgrades that are truly needed or "nice" to have for this buggy? Allready has the alum. Serpent shock caps, but pretty much box stock other than that to my knowledge.
Get the exotek steering plate. It takes away most of the slip in the front end.

Also- I like to run servo savers but I don't like the stock one it wanders too much-doesn't always return to center. I'm going to use the large xray servo saver. It works very well in my 2w buggy with zero slop.

Also take a close look at the rear inner ball studs at full stuff. They can hit the mounting plate. To fix this you can add 2mm spacers to the mounting plate to raise it up and also 2mm to the ball studs to get back the stock geometry.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Get the exotek steering plate. It takes away most of the slip in the front end.

Also- I like to run servo savers but I don't like the stock one it wanders too much-doesn't always return to center. I'm going to use the large xray servo saver. It works very well in my 2w buggy with zero slop.

Also take a close look at the rear inner ball studs at full stuff. They can hit the mounting plate. To fix this you can add 2mm spacers to the mounting plate to raise it up and also 2mm to the ball studs to get back the stock geometry.
I've got to get the Exotek steering rack as well, the front end of my car has developed a good amount of slop. As for the servo saver i ended up using the stock one and cranking the nut down, but i might as well just use a regular servo arm.

As for the rear ball studs, does anyone notice a ill effect of them hitting on full compression? I could imagine it could toss the car around on off kilter landings, or really bumpy parts of the track. I think i might fix this issue first and see how it does at the track this weekend.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Apexracing
I've got to get the Exotek steering rack as well, the front end of my car has developed a good amount of slop. As for the servo saver i ended up using the stock one and cranking the nut down, but i might as well just use a regular servo arm.

As for the rear ball studs, does anyone notice a ill effect of them hitting on full compression? I could imagine it could toss the car around on off kilter landings, or really bumpy parts of the track. I think i might fix this issue first and see how it does at the track this weekend.
What I notices is if you compress the a arm by hand to full stuff you can make the inner tierod pop off the ball stud which is why I raised the mount. A friend of mines was doing this as well on the track.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

What I notices is if you compress the a arm by hand to full stuff you can make the inner tierod pop off the ball stud which is why I raised the mount. A friend of mines was doing this as well on the track.
I added another washer under each side and it seems to be much better. I won't bother raising the plate just yet. Thanks!
Old 08-18-2015, 10:06 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm going to use the large xray servo saver. It works very well in my 2w buggy with zero slop.
same problem here
is this the part# what ur talking about?
XRA352503
thx
cheers
Old 08-18-2015, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I've been contemplating buying a D413. Looking at the used market it's amazing to me that people are asking $50-$75 off retail for a used D413. Is buying something used at that price a good value or is it better to spend a few extra bucks and buy new?
Old 08-18-2015, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Depends on if it comes with any upgrades, spares or tires.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brett C
I've been contemplating buying a D413. Looking at the used market it's amazing to me that people are asking $50-$75 off retail for a used D413. Is buying something used at that price a good value or is it better to spend a few extra bucks and buy new?
The lowest I see one sell for determines what I think they are worth . I have seen a few $225-$265 rollers come and go so they are out there if you aren't in a hurry . If you want one because you want a d413 go ahead and get a new one , but if you want a good deal on a used one it will take a while.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gertsch
same problem here
is this the part# what ur talking about?
XRA352503
thx
cheers
Nope this one http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/xray-x-...372503/p219462

You can use that one xtra stiff, or the next one down stiff in terms of servo saver give.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Brett C
Building the kit from new was a very enjoyable experience for me. If you are someone that enjoys building kits, I would recommend buying the buggy as a kit. If you don't care about building, then I'm sure you'll find a reasonable deal on a used roller in the next few months.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SeanKewley
Building the kit from new was a very enjoyable experience for me. If you are someone that enjoys building kits, I would recommend buying the buggy as a kit. If you don't care about building, then I'm sure you'll find a reasonable deal on a used roller in the next few months.
I do enjoy building and that is a big reason i would buy new. not to mention the knowledge of how this come apart for maintenance. I want to use the D413 as a training tool for 1/8 scale nitro. The amount of time i would spend using it makes me lean towards used. But i do like building it how i want it. But, new is probably the way to go?
Old 08-18-2015, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Can someone link the traxxas xrings for the shocks? I'm having a hard time locating them. Thanks
Old 08-18-2015, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nrm1977
Can someone link the traxxas xrings for the shocks? I'm having a hard time locating them. Thanks
http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/traxxas...FQuQaQodxIADrQ
Old 08-18-2015, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nrm1977
http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/traxxas...tra2362/p45156
Old 08-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

what changes does the "c" rear tower make? What are the advantages?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.