Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by randy0025
been awhile since I have ran it indoors with the stock chassis but to me it felt less twitchy and jumped much better then I remember, but I did also have the wing in the lower position. I was running stock setup with the Schelle but next time will go with 7k, 60k, 5k to help it smooth it out. The stock setup and the 5.5t motor made it like a On & Off Switch so going to a 6.5t and diff change should help me be more consistent
Thanks for the info.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

with all of the slop in the steering and the forgiving nature of the center diff, i've never considered this buggy "twitchy". it's not numb by any means. my durango 410v3 was twitchy. with the exotek rack (that takes out at least half the slop) it's a beautiful balance between responsiveness and forgiveness.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

I really can't believe my luck I've had this buggy 6 months with not one problem until i changed to a smaller pinion and didn't set my mesh right and stripped a spur, clearly my fault, but i can't work it out took the car out for the first time today with the new exotek spur gear and not even 10 laps later i stripped it, the mesh was set perfect, and the motor never came lose, but i still managed to strip it, I'm really at a loss as to whats going on i mean i no spurs strip from a bad mesh but when it happens and the mesh was perfect it really does leave you dumb founded, anyway time to install the new spur and fingers crossed it was just a one off.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
with all of the slop in the steering and the forgiving nature of the center diff, i've never considered this buggy "twitchy". it's not numb by any means. my durango 410v3 was twitchy. with the exotek rack (that takes out at least half the slop) it's a beautiful balance between responsiveness and forgiveness.
I agree 100 %. I don't find the buggy twitchy at all. I'm not far off the stock setup but did make a few changes during the build that I knew I would do later. I feel the buggy drives "heavy" for as light as it is. I was not far of pace for lap times with the guy that won our summer seires with his b44.3. This buggy for me is a ton of fun to drive and I can push it very hard and sometimes too hard. I run 7k 100k 4k for diff oil. I was thinking the 100k was going to be too thick but it wasn't.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
maybe not Twitchy but it is very aggressive and I am just trying to clam her down so she drives alittle more smoother even tho the buggy wants to be pushed. Basically want it to be like my xb4 but better in the bumps and on big air tracks. So far the Schelle Chassis, exotek rack and the Rc Shox 2x1.6 & 2x1.7 Pistons have helped the car out alot.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by randy0025
maybe not Twitchy but it is very aggressive and I am just trying to clam her down so she drives alittle more smoother even tho the buggy wants to be pushed. Basically want it to be like my xb4 but better in the bumps and on big air tracks. So far the Schelle Chassis, exotek rack and the Rc Shox 2x1.6 & 2x1.7 Pistons have helped the car out alot.
Sounds like the 5 dot ackerman arms might be just what you're looking for.

-Chris
Old 03-25-2015, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by iScream

-Chris
5 dot ackerman arm? What's that?
Old 03-25-2015, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egobrkr
5 dot ackerman arm? What's that?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEGJA&P=7
Old 03-25-2015, 08:58 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iScream

-Chris
He could also change (among many things) his front toe setting, camber, arm sweep, diff oils, and caster/kick up. Personally, I feel a change in front toe/camber can greatly alter how reactive a car is, and where in the corner it makes grip.

Another thing is what front tire he is using and how it is being prepped. Could be something as easy as not saucing the fronts, going to a different tread pattern, insert or compound.

If he posts up the setup info from the front half of his car we can get him pointed in the right direction with his setup.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan
He could also change (among many things) his front toe setting, camber, arm sweep, diff oils, and caster/kick up. Personally, I feel a change in front toe/camber can greatly alter how reactive a car is, and where in the corner it makes grip.

Another thing is what front tire he is using and how it is being prepped. Could be something as easy as not saucing the fronts, going to a different tread pattern, insert or compound.

If he posts up the setup info from the front half of his car we can get him pointed in the right direction with his setup.
Turn down your expo on the transmitter.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HSV427
I really can't believe my luck I've had this buggy 6 months with not one problem until i changed to a smaller pinion and didn't set my mesh right and stripped a spur, clearly my fault, but i can't work it out took the car out for the first time today with the new exotek spur gear and not even 10 laps later i stripped it, the mesh was set perfect, and the motor never came lose, but i still managed to strip it, I'm really at a loss as to whats going on i mean i no spurs strip from a bad mesh but when it happens and the mesh was perfect it really does leave you dumb founded, anyway time to install the new spur and fingers crossed it was just a one off.
I had a few gears strip as well and didn't understand why..mesh and motor mount were set fine and tight.

Found out the bell cap going to the can of the motor was slightly loose. The three screws on the can of the Tekin motor backed out a bit. Gave it just enough to give me a headache, but not enough it was obvious.

Tightened it down with some loctight...No issues.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
I had a few gears strip as well and didn't understand why..mesh and motor mount were set fine and tight.

Found out the bell cap going to the can of the motor was slightly loose. The three screws on the can of the Tekin motor backed out a bit. Gave it just enough to give me a headache, but not enough it was obvious.

Tightened it down with some loctight...No issues.
I was able to catch this early so I didn't end up stripping the spur gear, but the same exact thing happened on my D413.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

So does it affects the throw of the steering?
Old 03-25-2015, 10:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan

Not sure why you're replying to me with this. You don't think the 5 dot ackerman arms are a good idea or what?

I'm running them, along with some negative expo in my radio, and they made a very nice difference in how easy the car feels to drive.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by egobrkr
So does it affects the throw of the steering?
Ackerman is your outside front wheel turning a little less sharply than your inside front wheel. So when your inside wheel is at full lock, the outside won't be. Adding more ackerman increases the difference between how sharply your wheels turn and can make the car feel less aggressive.

Picture two different sized circles. To follow the smaller circle you have to turn sharper than you do to follow the large circle. Same with your wheels when you turn. Your inside wheel is following a smaller circle than your outer wheel. Ackerman basically accounts for that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.