Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy >

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Old 03-14-2015, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Enough of the parts in stock or otherwise. ..
Old 03-14-2015, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Finally got mine out for this first time today. This thing is sweet!!! And tough some guy crashed on the straight and didn't call it out then wham one messed up dex410. Lol
Old 03-15-2015, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iScream
What do those wing mounts do that the stock ones do not?
you can flip it around so the wing has a low profile which helps it fly better.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-d413.jpg  
Old 03-15-2015, 07:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by randy0025
you can flip it around so the wing has a low profile which helps it fly better.
I'm pretty sure you can do that with the stock wing mounts without adding weight up high on your car like that.

Of course I'm just assuming the aluminum mounts weigh more than the stock plastic. I don't know for sure.

-Chris
Old 03-15-2015, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

I'm pretty sure you can do that with the stock wing mounts without adding weight up high on your car like that.

Of course I'm just assuming the aluminum mounts weigh more than the stock plastic. I don't know for sure.

-Chris
as i was writing that last post i was wondering if you could do the same with the stock mounts. should be able to but i never tired it. as for weight up high it actually lowers the center of gravity.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

as i was writing that last post i was wondering if you could do the same with the stock mounts. should be able to but i never tired it. as for weight up high it actually lowers the center of gravity.
I'm running the stock wing mounts in the low position (upside down) and think it jumps much better in this configuration.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

What lowers the center of gravity? If you mean running the wing low, I agree. If you mean running wing mounts that are heavier than stock, that is not correct.

I like the way my buggy jumps just fine with the high wing mount. But I don't think high or low either one is going to be be better for everyone. It's going to depend on setup, driving style, track layout and how the jump faces are shaped.

What was the problem you were having that was solved by changing to the low mounting position? I'm just curious and not looking to tell you it's wrong or anything. If it works for you, it works.

-Chris
Old 03-15-2015, 09:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I don't know if I really need to say this but when I ask something like what is better about some aftermarket part than stock I'm just trying to understand what parts might actually make my D413 better.

I'm not big on bling and it seems like that's what many of the parts available for this buggy are right now. Below is what I've seen that would seem to make a functional improvement. I'd love to hear other opinions though if I'm not seeing something.

Ball bearing ackerman bar from RCShox or Exotek.

Exotek machined spur and mounting plate.

Machined shock pistions.

Maybe the rear clamping hexes from Exotek. I used a bit of grease on my pins and haven't had one fall out a single time but I can see why someone would pick these up.

Titanium turn buckles. I have these even though I haven't bent a stock one.

The longer Shelle chassis for certain track conditions.

The Avid chassis if you are already adding weight to your stock chassis and want to keep that weight as low as possible.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dan-o
Enough of the parts in stock or otherwise. ..
Valid in the thread of a car that if you want to purchase or that if you have a broken one you can not fix nor buy new because of the issue. People aren't looking for some kind of free hand outs they are looking to spend hard earned money on a product. A product that can not be found nor bought because of these issues. This thread is about the d413 and any issues pertaining to it not just so you can get the latest Ty tessman setup.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

I don't know if I really need to say this but when I ask something like what is better about some aftermarket part than stock I'm just trying to understand what parts might actually make my D413 better.

I'm not big on bling and it seems like that's what many of the parts available for this buggy are right now. Below is what I've seen that would seem to make a functional improvement. I'd love to hear other opinions though if I'm not seeing something.

Ball bearing ackerman bar from RCShox or Exotek.

Exotek machined spur and mounting plate.

Machined shock pistions.

Maybe the rear clamping hexes from Exotek. I used a bit of grease on my pins and haven't had one fall out a single time but I can see why someone would pick these up.

Titanium turn buckles. I have these even though I haven't bent a stock one.

The longer Shelle chassis for certain track conditions.

The Avid chassis if you are already adding weight to your stock chassis and want to keep that weight as low as possible.

yes i was talking about running the wing in the lower position that lowers the center of gravity. as for after market, the exotek center spur seems to be alittle more smoother then the stock as well as makes it easier to open and change your diff oil because there are 4 less screws. The exotek Ball bearing ackerman bar seems to take most of the slop out but not all of it which i think is a good thing. as for the exotek shock retainers I bought those because i saw people posting on here that the stock ones would come out in the middle of a run or during a crash and that since changing to the exotek ones they havent had that issue. and same with the Schelle Chassis, I bought that because my buddy has been running it, and says it calms the car down alot while making it faster going into corners aswell as jumps better.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone have any experience with the avid chassis and floating servo mount? While waiting on the kit I'm thinking of grabbing it since I saved the money on my kit. I tend to like the flex of the aluminum in other platforms seems to help out in the turns. Just looking for input
Old 03-15-2015, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motts97
Anyone have any experience with the avid chassis and floating servo mount? While waiting on the kit I'm thinking of grabbing it since I saved the money on my kit. I tend to like the flex of the aluminum in other platforms seems to help out in the turns. Just looking for input
Avid chassis is stiffer than stock and seems to be better suited for higher traction tracks.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

I got the rear wing mounts so I can use buttons instead of body clips
Old 03-15-2015, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone had problems getting the wing clips in when using proline wing that comes with the body?
Old 03-15-2015, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Yeti AS3
Avid chassis is stiffer than stock and seems to be better suited for higher traction tracks.
Thanks I read that somewhere thought I was reading it wrong a lot of times it's the opposite thanks again

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.