Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Old 02-16-2015, 10:05 AM
ISH
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by iScream
No issue with the small hexes.

I bought the DE Racing setup wheel kit for the D413. When I got the package, it came with two 12mm adapters and two 10mm adapters. I contacted DE through their web site and Dave Enstrom replied to me last night, saying most people are running the 9.8mm hexes in front, as he understands it. He's also getting me fixed up with the 12mm setup I need.

I told him my impression, from rctech, is that most everyone here is running 12mm front and back. So I'm asking you guys to see what reality is as far as the rctech world goes.

-Chris
12mm all around here too.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:06 AM
ISH
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mvrk28
I've had the car for nearly one week, raced it and ran an all day practice the following day. Driving again today. Here are my thoughts on the car.

The build: easy, 5 stars. All kits should be this easy to build, I did not have one single issue, the only thing I had trouble with was the snap rings on the drivelines to lock the bearings in. Those little suckers were hard to get on!

The car itself: Amazing to look at. Countless people wanted to talk to me about it or just look at it on Friday. This car is insanely durable it's not even funny. I had a large number or crashes that should have broke this car, and it kept trucking. I was drilled full speed by an XB4 and not one single thing broke. I did notice the front sway bar will come out of the mounts once you've crashed enough, but I blame myself for that. You can only ask so much of this car.

I really can't find anything bad to say about this car, I turned my fastest lap ever on my first night out. It was the most fun I've ever had at the track, and renewed my love for this hobby. I can't wait for the D215!

how did that synthetic grease work out? did it quiet the car down?
Old 02-16-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

FYI, Jared Tebo recently posted a video on how he builds his 1/8 MP9 gear diffs and I found some helpful tips that relate to building the D413 diffs. Thought I'd share...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=776ACrbMUIM
Old 02-16-2015, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ISH
how did that synthetic grease work out? did it quiet the car down?
I never heard the car without it but it seems to work well, I also run zero drag brake so that helps keep it a little less noisy.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mdowney
FYI, Jared Tebo recently posted a video on how he builds his 1/8 MP9 gear diffs and I found some helpful tips that relate to building the D413 diffs. Thought I'd share...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=776ACrbMUIM
Ty Tessmann has a D413 diff build video as well.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

My D413 has always been on the loud side, but have had no issues to date. Last 2 races the only time I hear this "hollow" sound is when the kit is in the air. I noticed the bones have some wear around the cup area like there is too much droop in the car. Anyone notice anything similar, running the shocks from the reedy setup
Old 02-16-2015, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=ironzgti35;13853509]My D413 has always been on the loud side, but have had no issues to date. Last 2 races the only time I hear this "hollow" sound is when the kit is in the air. I noticed the bones have some wear around the cup area like there is too much droop in the car. Anyone notice anything similar, running the shocks from the reedy

thats normal wear..my 1/8 buggy out drives are like that..some say car just broke in.to much drop would not cause that..it's torque. .
Old 02-16-2015, 07:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

So, do you guys think it's safe to say a large majority of people are running 12mm hexes front and back?
Old 02-16-2015, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

So we had a discussion at my track about the hotbodies on Friday night, and looking for some honest answers, put aside your hotbodies love and really think about the question, this is really geared towards the guys that are sporting shelf queens due to parts support, if you've been lucky or just happen to be the best unsponsored driver out there you probably won't find any draw in this question, so here it is, I own two of these cars, one for me and one for my son, our first 4wds. These cars are sweet no doubt about it, but if I would have known in December what I know now on the parts support I don't know if I would have bought these cars. The question is would you rather drive a car that rarely breaks but when it does break you gonna be down for you have no idea how long, or drive a car that may break more often but pretty much no matter what track you're at they'll have your part? I find myself driving timid and constantly worrying about if my son is going to take the triple and break his car. It's a crappy feeling when you're driving and constantly be thinking that man if I break I may not have this car for two months. I'm not hating on botbodies, I love these cars so don't get all crazy on me.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyD
So we had a discussion at my track about the hotbodies on Friday night, and looking for some honest answers, put aside your hotbodies love and really think about the question, this is really geared towards the guys that are sporting shelf queens due to parts support, if you've been lucky or just happen to be the best unsponsored driver out there you probably won't find any draw in this question, so here it is, I own two of these cars, one for me and one for my son, our first 4wds. These cars are sweet no doubt about it, but if I would have known in December what I know now on the parts support I don't know if I would have bought these cars. The question is would you rather drive a car that rarely breaks but when it does break you gonna be down for you have no idea how long, or drive a car that may break more often but pretty much no matter what track you're at they'll have your part? I find myself driving timid and constantly worrying about if my son is going to take the triple and break his car. It's a crappy feeling when you're driving and constantly be thinking that man if I break I may not have this car for two months. I'm not hating on botbodies, I love these cars so don't get all crazy on me.
Did you actually try to find the parts you need or did you just look at amain and decide to put your car on the shelf because they don't have some part?
I do wish amain and Tower had a few parts like shock tower braces in stock. But I wish that because I could build up a supply of spare parts cheaper. Not because I think I won't be able to find something anywhere. In the last couple weeks several people have complained about parts and then they got a reply showing that the part they needed was in fact available on Ebay or elsewhere.

It doesn't seem to me that anyone should be out of service for more than a few days after breaking something.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

I currently don't have any broken parts but yes, I check on a regular basis for certain parts, I don't just look at the big three, however when I do come across a hobby shop that claims to have one in stock then see that this particular hobby shop amazingly carries every rc brand and a full line of parts for every car then that throws up a red flag. More often than not that shop will be ordering it not actually have it in stock.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iScream
Did you actually try to find the parts you need or did you just look at amain and decide to put your car on the shelf because they don't have some part?
I do wish amain and Tower had a few parts like shock tower braces in stock. But I wish that because I could build up a supply of spare parts cheaper. Not because I think I won't be able to find something anywhere. In the last couple weeks several people have complained about parts and then they got a reply showing that the part they needed was in fact available on Ebay or elsewhere.

It doesn't seem to me that anyone should be out of service for more than a few days after breaking something.
Well I have a friend that is HB sponsored driver that cannot get the part that I need for months. Front shock tower mount specifically. I have been an RC8.2e driver for a couple years and any part that I don't already have is available locally or from any online seller immediately. It is frustrating. I like the buggy, but HB parts seem to be sporadic at best and I know how to search for parts.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:32 PM
YoG
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

D413 Front Shock Tower Mount 112773

Some links have been provided for the front tower mount.The one problem is none in stock.If you know of one that is in stock please post it.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

I don't know how many times we have to have this discussion, I have shock shafts, a arms, and other parts in my parts box right now. It's called Google people. And if you use bing, search for google, click on it, and then search for the parts you want they should be there.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:50 PM
Tech Regular

fyi just ordered a set of front arms on eBay. 9 bucks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.