Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kerby
Keep the same.. I've been using them for weeks, awesome feel! 1.6 front and rear...red front yellow rear.... 37.7/30 losi
sent u message
Old 12-30-2014, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm running Ty's national setup, and it's working great. The only thing that could be improved in mid corner steering. Buggy turns in good, and exits nice, but it's a bit lazy mid turn. What can I start adjusting to try?
Old 12-30-2014, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by billdogg
I'm running Ty's national setup, and it's working great. The only thing that could be improved in mid corner steering. Buggy turns in good, and exits nice, but it's a bit lazy mid turn. What can I start adjusting to try?
what type of track u running on bill?
Old 12-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER
what type of track u running on bill?
Hard packed dirt/clay indoor. Medium bite.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Hard packed dirt/clay indoor. Medium bite.
im running on the same type of track i just put that national setup on my car havent ran it yet tho had the reedy setup on before
Old 12-30-2014, 10:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

anyone have any issues with the front shock shafts? We have had the cars out twice and have been through four shafts already? We built them with the shock end unscrewed down to the top of the threads, I'm thinking we need to be screwing them all the way to the second line?
Old 12-31-2014, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

Good morning, first post on this forum. Race 1/5 scale in the summer and 1/8 buggy in the winter. In the last year, most of our indoor tracks have banned 1/8 buggies as they are too hard on the tracks, so I just picked up a 413. Browsed the interweb and found this thread and must say, glad I did. I'd already built the buggy according to what I've learned over the years and after going through this thread (skipped the first 100 pages of BS LOL) I've now got a "to do" list of about 35 items that need to be changed or tweaked. Worked on it 'till about midnight and here's what I've got so far:

Had some saddle packs so set it up that way, but after reading this it's now changed to shorty setup

Shocks: emulsion with Traxxas x-Rings, AE blue front springs & white rear. Have AE composite caps and standoffs but waiting to see if I have any problems with the stock ones popping off first.

Diffs: 10K, 80K, 7K front to rear

Plastic a-arm covers glued and front inside screw removed

2 degrees toe-out in front, rear - 2.5 degrees in

Battery - TrackPower 4600 mah 80 C shorty

Motor - Tekin Gen 2 6.5

ESC - Tekin RS Pro

Spektrum Sr3100 RX & DX3R Pro TX

Tessmans set up as per manual for now.

Figure this should be a good starting point until I get to the track and feel things out but if you have any suggestions, let me know.

Track is fairly small medium bite clay, tight and technical. All the guys there are running Losi, AE and the odd Durango but nobody has a D413. I think they're in for a BIG surprise!! Cheers, Tim
Old 12-31-2014, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

It's great to see that there is another D413 in Canada, unfortunately the setup in the manual is pretty old, at the time that setup was used we had only about a month on the car and we were still learning. By the description of the track I would start with my Gunsmoke setup on my website. As far as the AE shock springs go, I'm not sure why so many people like to use the AE springs, Torrance worked very hard at making the HB springs super consistent with very small weight increments between each spring to so you can basically get your car dialed in in any way you want. I would strongly suggest giving them a try, before we had the HB springs we used Kyosho springs but found the HB springs more consistent with a better feel on the track.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

Does that set up have the rear camber link in the front hole on the plate and the top inside hole on the rear hub? When I made that adjustment it made the car faster in the corners.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CaseyD
anyone have any issues with the front shock shafts? We have had the cars out twice and have been through four shafts already? We built them with the shock end unscrewed down to the top of the threads, I'm thinking we need to be screwing them all the way to the second line?
When you screw on the shock eyelet are you holding the shock shaft with side cutters on the threads? I have seen issues with other shafts breaking when being held like that.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TYTESSMANN
It's great to see that there is another D413 in Canada, unfortunately the setup in the manual is pretty old, at the time that setup was used we had only about a month on the car and we were still learning. By the description of the track I would start with my Gunsmoke setup on my website. As far as the AE shock springs go, I'm not sure why so many people like to use the AE springs, Torrance worked very hard at making the HB springs super consistent with very small weight increments between each spring to so you can basically get your car dialed in in any way you want. I would strongly suggest giving them a try, before we had the HB springs we used Kyosho springs but found the HB springs more consistent with a better feel on the track.
Thanks for the advice, I'll start with the HB springs. As for the manual setup, I was basically only referring to spacers. But yeah, I do have 3 or 4 more up to date set up sheets that I'm going to try. Can't wait to get to the track, just waiting for the body to get back from painting and do a bunch of soldering this weekend.

BTW I've seen some posts saying this car is hard to work on. I changed the whole set up from saddle to shorty last night in roughly 1 hour. I find it fairly easy to work on. Hard is replacing tranny gears on a Baja 5SC
Old 12-31-2014, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=Wildcat1971;13613120]they are the traxxas blue ones.

I use these. A few other members have also used them with out issues.

I hate buying a whole rebuild kit just for the o-rings, but the bonus is they come with a bunch of .5 mm spacers that you can use for tuning also. They just aren't the pretty orange ones
Old 12-31-2014, 10:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
When you screw on the shock eyelet are you holding the shock shaft with side cutters on the threads? I have seen issues with other shafts breaking when being held like that.
When I screw on eyelets I use a pair of needle nose that have a smooth area just behind the grooved section so I don't score the shaft. I'm guessing we just need to be screwing them on a little deeper.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Does that set up have the rear camber link in the front hole on the plate and the top inside hole on the rear hub? When I made that adjustment it made the car faster in the corners.
Yes and yes. #2 on both locations.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

anyone having much luck with the gunsmoke setup?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.