Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I would advise moving your caps. Maybe behind servo or behind motor.

High flex area and impact area.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Anybody have measurements for the Avid chassis weight system pieces?
Old 11-29-2014, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

That looks sick! Who is your painter? I need an type r body painted. And I think Im one of the very few who really like the 3 piece design. i think it looks bad ass formula style.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vincent_Diesel
Just want to say thanks to all the contributors here that helped me along the way during my build. Yes I did read ALL the pages like I do with all my builds.

Only problem I encountered was a lower shock screw in the rear arm that was overtightened. I am usually pretty careful at not over tightening screws but SOME of the plastic parts seem quite soft compared to my Kyosho's. Only real concern of mine is how many times I can repeatedly loosen and tighten a screw into the plastics before it loses it's hold.

Anyways I had a practice run at the track yesterday and had a great first impression. Out of the box it was much easier to drive than my DEX410 V3 which took some time to setup but once it was it was very very nice to drive. Seemed to be balanced well front to back with a shorty and track and track manners were predictable. Once I tweak a wee bit more I'll be the envy of this class. Sure I too was concerned about slop but I'm over it now... well somewhat over it especially when I caress my K cars.

I will say that the flex in this chassis seems perfect for small indoor tracks. The torsional flex in the carbon is sweet for carving tight into turns, yet stiff enough so it doesn't bow or dip between the wheels. I think overall the ability to tune with flex (arms) is very innovative... I see other designers copying this for wheeler designs in the near future.

The body is just silly in my opinion, I mean we all know it. I wish it was as durable as everything else. I shoe goo'd the crap into the seams. I ordered the JConcepts body to use when the stock body gets demolished which won't be long.

Anyways here are some pics to share.

Huge props to may painter for my body. Did a great job turning this shoebox into something sleek

The paint job looks great, that body is hideous though. The proline type r is the body to go with.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
Very nice electronics install and the body looks great.
Thank you. I thought it turned out well. Aesthetically it seems to be working. The speedo and motor compliment each other well. BTW Hobbywing V3.1 is where it's at in my opinion. Silky smooth and so linear. With the programming card this ESC is tough to beat.

Originally Posted by uncle everett
I would advise moving your caps. Maybe behind servo or behind motor. High flex area and impact area.
Just did -- moved it in front of the esc alongside my transponder. Thanks for the advice.

Originally Posted by vulcanbomber
That looks sick! Who is your painter? I need an type r body painted. And I think Im one of the very few who really like the 3 piece design. i think it looks bad ass formula style.
My painter is Haigh Designz. Ask for Chris. He can be found here on the forums.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting...esignz-70.html
Old 11-29-2014, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Any one know the awnser to the screw you need for the shock stand offs? What do I need to run the b5 caps. I got the stand offs but screw so I need for the shock tower?
Old 11-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I raced my 413 for the first time today. In fact my first race with a 4wd buggy EVER! Once I got past being intimidated by how fast it was, things went great, missed winning the B main by less than .2 seconds. Easy to drive and lap times were much more consistent than with the 2wd mod buggy I have been racing for a month. I have an on road background but have been out of rc for 5 years.

I did pop off a shock cap doing the drop test. I screwed it back on before I lost any oil and finished the day. I tried the compost AE caps on the original build but they did not fit properly, so I finished the build with the kit parts. As near as I can tell you can't buy the power stroke caps separately. I wonder if Slash shock caps will work? I have a plastic one a buddy gave me to see if it fits properly. If it does I will look into getting the aluminun slash caps. Maybe better yet would be aluminum TLR bleeder caps TLR5065, I will check that possibility as well.

Overall I'm very impressed with the design and build. The car is easy to drive, like I say, I'm a 4wd rookie. I need to keep working on my driving but I wouldn't trade my 413 for any other 1/10th 4wd buggy.

Last edited by Fastforward; 11-29-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
Any one know the awnser to the screw you need for the shock stand offs? What do I need to run the b5 caps. I got the stand offs but screw so I need for the shock tower?
You'll need a M3x25mm screw and M3 locknuts
Old 11-29-2014, 11:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Dam qoute button ..
Old 11-30-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nv529
You'll need a M3x25mm screw and M3 locknuts
Ok thanks!
Old 11-30-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Slash shock caps are too small. Still searching.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fastforward
Slash shock caps are too small. Still searching.
Did you try page #1 of this thread?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...4wd-buggy.html
Old 11-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I ran the option #3 ackerman pieces (more aggressive) and I liked them, I did end up removing the washers from the links connected to the steering rack.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Did you try page #1 of this thread?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...4wd-buggy.html
Yes, I did read the first page of this thread. As I stated in my post I tried the AE composite caps and they did not fit properly. The first page post also says the Hot Bodies aluminum caps should be available by end of September. It is almost December.

I love the car but the shock caps are a weak link. Just looking for a solution.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fastforward
Yes, I did read the first page of this thread. As I stated in my post I tried the AE composite caps and they did not fit properly. The first page post also says the Hot Bodies aluminum caps should be available by end of September. It is almost December.

I love the car but the shock caps are a weak link. Just looking for a solution.
I haven't tried the Ae caps yet, but apparently they need to be run on a couple times before they conform. I have the Serpent caps on mine, and I wouldn't recommend them, as they only seem to work for me with bladders..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.