Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NickTheGreek
"The new body is sweet" ???
Yeah, about as sweet as a can of sardines.

If I was a lil younger ,more nimble n willing to sacrifice my body ...I would go cop one of those bodies n partake in like a personal spiritual cleansing. ...n mind you, I don't even own the car.
I'd cop the body, go home n place it right in the middle of the living room floor , right on the tile.....
Then, a brothers scaling the bookcase reminiscent of Superfly Snuka scaling the cage in MSG back in like 82......n I'm coming down on that sumbich the way way he came down on Muraco.....Straight down from the rafters.
Squashed that poor brother like a bug.
The ref....fuggedaboudit....he didn't even bother making the count.
All that brother could do was wince ,turn away n call for the paramedics.
Ah yeah babe...
Old 10-16-2014, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
+1
Old 10-16-2014, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boudin4evr
i still dont see why the stock body has to be made into pieces
I like the look of the stock body! I see that Ty was testing the new avid chassis
any input from Ty?
Torrence said the body had to be made in 3 pieces in order to keep that inward contour on the side pods. He said if they made the bodies in a single piece they couldn't then remove them from the mold.

There is an easy way to do a 1-piece body but I'd need the cad file of the body to make the mold properly for the application.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NickTheGreek
"The new body is sweet" ???
Yeah, about as sweet as a can of sardines.

If I was a lil younger ,more nimble n willing to sacrifice my body ...I would go cop one of those bodies n partake in like a personal spiritual cleansing. ...n mind you, I don't even own the car.
I'd cop the body, go home n place it right in the middle of the living room floor , right on the tile.....
Then, a brothers scaling the bookcase reminiscent of Superfly Snuka scaling the cage in MSG back in like 82......n I'm coming down on that sumbich the way way he came down on Muraco.....Straight down from the rafters.
Squashed that poor brother like a bug.
The ref....fuggedaboudit....he didn't even bother making the count.
All that brother could do was wince ,turn away n call for the paramedics.
Ah yeah babe...
LOL omg that was hilarious I am rolling here
Old 10-16-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Proline Type-R body for this buggy ALL THE WAY!!! That JC one BLOWS THE BIG ONE!!!

LOVE that term "SUMBICH" LOL
Old 10-16-2014, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lol.....after I posted on here earlier, I went out to pick up a friend n hit the hobby shop to order a couple of things.....
As I'm driving, I'm thinking to myself about coming off the top of the bookshelf like Snuka off the cage, right onto th cab. (I'm immature like that....keeps a brotha young)...
That's when it hit me....
The way they had the ice bucket challenge....I wish I had th ambition of creating "The cab foward challenge" ....
When you just place that body on the living room hardwood floor n take the Superfly leap off the bookshelf right onto the cab.....
....Ahhh, this would be great!!.....n you know it would be mostly the older brothers with an affinity for the cab back being the ones taking the dive.....

Mad injuries....

I've just been browsing this thread cause this car seems interesting....
I don't race (although I might hit the track in the coming weeks) ...A brotha likes to bash....but I like buggy kits way more than anything else n it seems that this one is most durable of the bunch, so I've just been reading up on it with thoughts of getting one.

My question is.....in relevance compared to other 4wd buggies on the market, does this one really stand out in the durability dept.???

........n as far as th bodies go, I think the stock body n the Proline both look pretty awesome......
Old 10-16-2014, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't own this buggy either, BUT I definitely like it better than the rest. I own mostly AE vehicles, and I LOVE the B44, but I've seen how it just falls apart with just the lightest taps in a race. The B44 is all performance/NO durability!! Both Ryans driving B44's were easily taken out when Ty made a small mistake in front of them, Cavalari hit Ty's buggy first, then Maifield slammed into Cavalari. Both B44 front ends were destroyed, and Ty's D413 had NO Damage what so ever! WOW! This buggy seems to be THE MOST durable 4WD 10th scale buggy out there with great performance to boot. If I was to race this particular class, the D413 would be my first choice hands down!!
Old 10-16-2014, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t3gt
I don't own this buggy either, BUT I definitely like it better than the rest. I own mostly AE vehicles, and I LOVE the B44, but I've seen how it just falls apart with just the lightest taps in a race. The B44 is all performance/NO durability!! Both Ryans driving B44's were easily taken out when Ty made a small mistake in front of them, Cavalari hit Ty's buggy first, then Maifield slammed into Cavalari. Both B44 front ends were destroyed, and Ty's D413 had NO Damage what so ever! WOW! This buggy seems to be THE MOST durable 4WD 10th scale buggy out there with great performance to boot. If I was to race this particular class, the D413 would be my first choice hands down!!
The d413 is a very durable fast car. But the story of how the Ryan's cars broke isnt exactly correct. Cav got loose and spun. He pulled infront of ty and ty took cavs arm off. Which resulted in maifield running into the back of ty taking his arm off.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

yeah, it was a Ty man sandwich
Old 10-16-2014, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Bburns
The d413 is a very durable fast car. But the story of how the Ryan's cars broke isnt exactly correct. Cav got loose and spun. He pulled infront of ty and ty took cavs arm off. Which resulted in maifield running into the back of ty taking his arm off.
lol the liverc post race video was funny, they show that happening then it cuts to cav saying "yeah that happened"
Old 10-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by t3gt
The car wasn't totally unscathed......it bent a sway bar, a little!
Old 10-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jake S
lol the liverc post race video was funny, they show that happening then it cuts to cav saying "yeah that happened"
That was the funniest part.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Proline body all the way...

Old 10-17-2014, 12:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So I have been looking for machined pistons or shock piston options..... are there any? what is Ty running? his setup sheets call for 2x1.6 and 2x1.7... so what exactly is he running? ive tried drilling my own... hahaha what a frickin joke... wasted a bunch of time and money on that adventure... never could get them right.. been running 4x2.1 with red xgear springs front and white xgear rears... car seems squirmy to me.. to inconsistent. even tried sway bars orange front silver rear... now it pushes.. car has a TON of traction, and is fun to drive... just looking to make it a tad easier to drive more consistently??
Old 10-17-2014, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I had no problems drilling out the blank pistons that come with the set and running the 2x1.6 pistons and the car feels so much better. I'm also running TYs Reedy setup and the car feels planted everywhere. The track I run on is med-high bite and gets watered between rounds.

As for other piston options for the 2x1.6, there are the following: Avid, AE, Serpent, Schelle, but with these other options it's not clear if the center shaft hole is the same and I think with a couple of them you'll have to watch how the piston and washers sit together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.