Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 03:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
both hubs do it and this is without even putting the hex on. I slide the axle in and it is notchy. I tried to sand the hubs and it is a little better. But still not smooth. Might see if I have some AVID bearings laying around and put them in. Maybe it is just poor quality bearings.
Are you sure it's not the diff gears cogging for some reason ?
Old 09-15-2014, 03:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by Vegetable
Get a high kV sct motor and gear it high 55 would be no problem.... But pointless... I would just buy a 1/8th if all you plan to do is speed/bash... Then you can just go 6s and flog the guts out of it

i already have a hpi blitz rwd 1/10 scale, that i had over the years and did a ton of upgrades on it. i got this truck up to 70 mph on a 3s lipo battery but just did once for fun, it was getting to hot and tires would get unlglued and it was to high to go that fast so i tuned it down to prob max speed of 50 right now and its enough to do whatever i want on it. now i want something different, lower to the ground that has better handling and awd, and not a chassis that i need to upgrade. i am not planning to go race them at crazy speeds but i want the potental to be there if i did want to do a couple of fast runs at some point in time. the chassis on the D413 looks like a perfect platform to have fun with, but it wouldnt be fun if the top speed would be 30 mph on it for my use . i appreciate the help.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-hpi-blitz.jpg   Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-blitz-2.jpg  
Old 09-15-2014, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m3sparky
i already have a hpi blitz rwd 1/10 scale, that i had over the years and did a ton of upgrades on it. i got this truck up to 70 mph on a 3s lipo battery but just did once for fun, it was getting to hot and tires would get unlglued and it was to high to go that fast so i tuned it down to prob max speed of 50 right now and its enough to do whatever i want on it. now i want something different, lower to the ground that has better handling and awd, and not a chassis that i need to upgrade. i am not planning to go race them at crazy speeds but i want the potental to be there if i did want to do a couple of fast runs at some point in time. the chassis on the D413 looks like a perfect platform to have fun with, but it wouldnt be fun if the top speed would be 30 mph on it for my use . i appreciate the help.
I guess one of the main reasons for sujesting 1/8th over this is ample chassis space for big electronics and at the end of the day a similar price tag. With 1/8 electronics you will also have a lot less heat issues and 1/8 cars are generally tough as nails. Also breaking a sexy carbon chassis on a ceb that costs 120 bucks to replace would be arsed day indeed
Old 09-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt :-)
Are you sure it's not the diff gears cogging for some reason ?
i removed the bone from the outdrive...
Old 09-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dragon6502
Still waiting on back order or if someone is selling NIB? Anyone anywhere know of one? PM me
RC Madness in enfield, CT has them in stock. I picked up one Sunday and he has more. I still havn't opened mine yet, if you really have a problem finding one.... For me it's still nitro season till end of October! But Chris has more of them in stock at Madness as of last night at 6pm!
Old 09-15-2014, 08:24 PM
Tech Rookie

I guess one of the main reasons for sujesting 1/8th over this is ample chassis space for big electronics and at the end of the day a similar price tag. With 1/8 electronics you will also have a lot less heat issues and 1/8 cars are generally tough as nails. Also breaking a sexy carbon chassis on a ceb that costs 120 bucks to replace would be arsed day indeed
oh i see, if they made the same thing in that size then i would buy it lol. but i dont know of anything that comes close to looking like the d413, this thing is freaking sexy, i can just stare at it while working in my office, im a caron fiber whore i have a ton of it on my sports car (nissan GT-R), thats what is drawing me to love this car so much, and ive read only good reviews about it. so the largest battery it allows as of now is the saddle pack ? or is it the same thing as the regular 7.4v battery just different weight distribution/configuration? sorry i am not familiar with saddle packs.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by m3sparky
oh i see, if they made the same thing in that size then i would buy it lol. but i dont know of anything that comes close to looking like the d413, this thing is freaking sexy, i can just stare at it while working in my office, im a caron fiber whore i have a ton of it on my sports car (nissan GT-R), thats what is drawing me to love this car so much, and ive read only good reviews about it. so the largest battery it allows as of now is the saddle pack ? or is it the same thing as the regular 7.4v battery just different weight distribution/configuration? sorry i am not familiar with saddle packs.
It can take a shorty, which is just a shorter 2s 7.4 or a sale which is 2 1s bats that are paired and connected in series. I'm running mine in shorty and it seems most others are too. I don't know of any 3s setupas that will fit. I do agree though that it's a thong of buity. Makes my 8.2e look like a whale
Old 09-16-2014, 03:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It can take a shorty, which is just a shorter 2s 7.4 or a sale which is 2 1s bats that are paired and connected in series. I'm running mine in shorty and it seems most others are too. I don't know of any 3s setupas that will fit. I do agree though that it's a thong of buity. Makes my 8.2e look like a whale
Thong of booty

Sorry, couldn't resist....
Old 09-16-2014, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

amain pushed date to mid october. are they building these kits by hand?

kinda scary for me since i have a kit coming this week. will i be able to get any parts when i need them?
Old 09-16-2014, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've seen parts for it at Amain, Superior Hobbies and Ebay. Parts seems to be fine depending on what you need.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

yea but for how long. they may stop making this kit. the demand is there. but I think there may be something wrong on the manufacturing end.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by trick25
yea but for how long. they may stop making this kit. the demand is there. but I think there may be something wrong on the manufacturing end.
The car seems pretty stout. I would pick up some extra spurs while tower has them in stock. Aside from that, the car is pretty tough. Dont over tighten the servo saver and you should not have to worry about steering damage. Maybe get a spare set of arms if you are worried. Make sure the seal the CF also. ALso, maybe get spare shock tower mounts. I dont see much break on the car though.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

yeah I have a couple spare spurs. along with the shock cap mod stuff. going to change to cap head screws on the motor clamps. .

I do think your right. it looks stout enough.

I wonder if HPI realizes how many sales they are loosing simply because ppl that want the kit cant get them.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

anyone get the AVID chassis yet?
Old 09-16-2014, 07:21 AM
Tech Prophet

They are not a "real" racing company. They have seemed to half ass distribution for a few years now. Torrance must hate it after working for AE, lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.