Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy >

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Old 04-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)

So was that a Yes that TLR rear wheels will fit? This buggy looks great by the way!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
Crap.'amain is now saying May 5. How can that be? If Europe is getting them now or next week, how does it take a month to get here from Europe?
This morning they're showing an eta of 4/25/14.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kdeleon
Torrance,
For one of your future build tips, can we do one on a good initial setting for the servo saver? About how much should we screw it down to get a tension that is not too tight or too loose?

Thanks
I personally don't use the servo saver I use the HB servo horn and go directly to my servo, I think with the super high torque and super strong servos that we have now you don't really need to use a servo saver, but if you are on a budget and you want to preserve your servo you just have to set it according to driveability.

As far as oils for the kit for the front I have used 20K, 15k and 10k diff oils, Losi makes all these oils, for the center you will need 100k and 300k, I have tested higher and lower but didn't really like them. For the rear you will need 10k and down depending on track conditions.

All my setups are posted on my website, I will be posting another setup today based on an indoor loose track, from these setups everyone should be able to get a setup for the conditions that they run on. If anyone needs additional setup tips, you can go on my website to the Ask Ty portion of the site and I will do my best to answer the questions as soon as possible.

There is also a diff building video on my site under the tips and tricks, this will be especially helpful for those of you that normally only run electric. Torrance has built an amazing diff, I would say that these diffs will last 4x as long as a ball diff before you need to change the oil.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

awesome! Thanks Ty!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

About the diff, you are filling all 3 100% or only the center diff?
Old 04-03-2014, 03:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Getting close

I've had my electronics for this kit for months now. The only thing I need now is some paint and tires. Most likely going with either Jconcepts or AKA. I like both a lot, AKA premounts are awesome in my opinion. This will be my second mod 4x4 buggy, what are you guys going to run for tires on a medium size indoor clay track that has descent traction....not high bite!
Old 04-03-2014, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TYTESSMANN
I personally don't use the servo saver I use the HB servo horn and go directly to my servo, I think with the super high torque and super strong servos that we have now you don't really need to use a servo saver, but if you are on a budget and you want to preserve your servo you just have to set it according to driveability.

As far as oils for the kit for the front I have used 20K, 15k and 10k diff oils, Losi makes all these oils, for the center you will need 100k and 300k, I have tested higher and lower but didn't really like them. For the rear you will need 10k and down depending on track conditions.

All my setups are posted on my website, I will be posting another setup today based on an indoor loose track, from these setups everyone should be able to get a setup for the conditions that they run on. If anyone needs additional setup tips, you can go on my website to the Ask Ty portion of the site and I will do my best to answer the questions as soon as possible.

There is also a diff building video on my site under the tips and tricks, this will be especially helpful for those of you that normally only run electric. Torrance has built an amazing diff, I would say that these diffs will last 4x as long as a ball diff before you need to change the oil.
Thanks Ty. I saw your new setup. I look forward to trying it on the buggy when it gets in.

As for the servo saver, I wasn't so much worried about the servo but was hoping that the servo saver may also absorb some energy and protect the other steering components when I inevitably hit something.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jones8352
I've had my electronics for this kit for months now. The only thing I need now is some paint and tires. Most likely going with either Jconcepts or AKA. I like both a lot, AKA premounts are awesome in my opinion. This will be my second mod 4x4 buggy, what are you guys going to run for tires on a medium size indoor clay track that has descent traction....not high bite!
Lol. Here I thought I was one of the few...

I've got my Tekin RSX, Speed Passions 3.0 (8.5t), Savox 1258tg, Silver, Green and yellow paints and 3 sets of wheels/tires set and waiting for the kit to show up.

Shop table is cleaned up, thread lock, CA glue, sanding drum on the dremel, towels, and my soldering iron all set for the big day...

Camera is ready for build photos too....

(Just finished cleaning my sct410 up, and getting fresh oils in it the other night too... ready for the dirt once the snow is finally gone from MN.)
Old 04-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fredmotokx
About the diff, you are filling all 3 100% or only the center diff?
I fill all my diffs 1/10th and 1/8th 100% full all the time so that my cars feel consistent from build to build.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey Torrance od Ty,

can you tell me the difference between
the different shocktowers ans ackerman arms?

Best regards from Germany
Martin!
Old 04-04-2014, 03:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Is this buggy able to fit a standard hardcase? Any mods to the chassis to be able to fit one maybe? I only ask because that's all I have and would hate to have to buy shorties for it.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joeyhatch11
Is this buggy able to fit a standard hardcase? Any mods to the chassis to be able to fit one maybe? I only ask because that's all I have and would hate to have to buy shorties for it.
Shorty or Saddle. You can probably modify the chassis to fit a standard pack but obviously I'm not sure as I don't have one yet. Also doing that will affect the balance.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

I don't care, cause i will do just speed racing runs on this!

I only care for 2 shorty with just a little to almost no mods for 4s And i think it's possible to think outside the box with this one... 3 metal gear diff's like an 1/8 Long time for a 1/10 come this way!
The sadle or the shorty batery option is a must for everyone into racing or bashing and for the speed guys maybe 2 shortys... hein?

Racer's will start to make flames cause of my post now... i know! :P

Problem for me is finding a 4s capable motor that fits in that stock 540 size space. LOL!
Old 04-04-2014, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

When you do try some good shorties you will like them.. in my 2wd buggies it lets you do more for weight distribution with more bias adjustment forward and back and they simply weigh less. They are worth having in any case
Old 04-04-2014, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.