Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Since it's not a static substate, can't lexan flex to be popped from a mold?
Old 02-05-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by the incubus
Since it's not a static substate, can't lexan flex to be popped from a mold?
i don't know what a 'static substate' is. but yes you can flex lexan to pop off a mold but only up to a point, kinda like what PL did with their body. any deeper than that you won't be able to get the body off the mold.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

Need a us site to preorder from...
Old 02-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi Torrance,
Will there be side guards on the production kit?

If not I'm sure there's a reason aside from cost, what is it, more chassis flex???

Also in Ty's pics there's a alloy rear plate in the rear bulkhead, is this a factory alloy upgrade or is this a custom part made by Ty's Crew?

Also what wheels will fit this buggy?

Cheers Justin

Ps loving the fact that the designer is on the forums fielding questions!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T. Deguzman
i don't know what a 'static substate' is. but yes you can flex lexan to pop off a mold but only up to a point, kinda like what PL did with their body. any deeper than that you won't be able to get the body off the mold.
Nothing that 4 quick slits after it cools can't fix. LOL

Feel free to tell me to go fly a kite. LOL
Old 02-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jpm1
Hi Torrance,

If not I'm sure there's a reason aside from cost, what is it, more chassis flex???

Also in Ty's pics there's a alloy rear plate in the rear bulkhead, is this a factory alloy upgrade or is this a custom part made by Ty's Crew?

Cheers Justin

B44 wheels are a direct fit.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

B44 wheels are a direct fit.
B44 or B44.1/.2 rears?
Old 02-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

B44 or B44.1/.2 rears?
hex
Old 02-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gticlay
hex
Ok cool, I wonder can you change it back to pin style?, I have a heap of pin rear wheels :-)
Old 02-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Realistically, Wheels are cheap enough and you can always unload your Pin Wheels here in the B/S/T forum. No need to go back to old when Hex is so much easier.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Realistically, Wheels are cheap enough and you can always unload your Pin Wheels here in the B/S/T forum. No need to go back to old when Hex is so much easier.
Totally agree but I like the jconcept rulux yellow wheels and they don't make them in hex, so I have to change all my wheels over to have them match, not a huge deal but it's around 30 wheel/tire combos to change !

Justin
Old 02-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Torrance,

Cheers Justin

no side guards. we just make them out of excess lexan from the body or wings. may seem like a ghetto solution but it works, is lightweight, and free. a full on molded side guard isn't gonna take tenths off lap times and besides i doubt the current chassis shape is gonna be the same forever. i didn't want to paint ourselves into a corner with matching side guards.

the camber plate in the kit will be black anodized aluminum. at first we made them out of carbon fiber but they kept breaking. the plate on Ty's car is a prototype titanium unit made by his 'crew' (PL). a bit overkill but you know how the pros like their bling. lol.

as for wheels... at the rear just about any hex wheel compatible with current 1/10 buggies (AE, TLR, PL, JC, AKA). for the front the offset is the same as the TLR 22 (i explained earlier in this thread). the kit front wheels will have a 12mm hex but the kit will include both large and small hexes. PL, JC, and AKA already make compatible wheels. as it turns out the new TLR 22-4 also has 12mm hexes up front so whatever wheels are compatible for that car will also be compatible with the D413.

B44 front wheels can also fit but because it has a deeper offset the front track width will end up being slightly narrower. it's ok though, Ty used PL B44 compatible front wheels to win the nats.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

Ok cool, I wonder can you change it back to pin style?, I have a heap of pin rear wheels :-)
i think it could work if you use a wheel spacer from the original RC10B4 (or something similar).

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FQWTfgodCEEAsg

i haven't tried it myself but i think it's possible.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

A friend got to see and touch the car last week and said it is definitely awesome.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

no side guards. we just make them out of excess lexan from the body or wings. may seem like a ghetto solution but it works, is lightweight, and free. a full on molded side guard isn't gonna take tenths off lap times and besides i doubt the current chassis shape is gonna be the same forever. i didn't want to paint ourselves into a corner with matching side guards.

the camber plate in the kit will be black anodized aluminum. at first we made them out of carbon fiber but they kept breaking. the plate on Ty's car is a prototype titanium unit made by his 'crew' (PL). a bit overkill but you know how the pros like their bling. lol.

as for wheels... at the rear just about any hex wheel compatible with current 1/10 buggies (AE, TLR, PL, JC, AKA). for the front the offset is the same as the TLR 22 (i explained earlier in this thread). the kit front wheels will have a 12mm hex but the kit will include both large and small hexes. PL, JC, and AKA already make compatible wheels. as it turns out the new TLR 22-4 also has 12mm hexes up front so whatever wheels are compatible for that car will also be compatible with the D413.

B44 front wheels can also fit but because it has a deeper offset the front track width will end up being slightly narrower. it's ok though, Ty used PL B44 compatible front wheels to win the nats.
i think it could work if you use a wheel spacer from the original RC10B4 (or something similar).

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FQWTfgodCEEAsg

i haven't tried it myself but i think it's possible.

Thanks for the input, I was thinking of using similar spacers for the rear wheels, I think that would work well, the rest of the info sounds sweet, can't wait for more information as it gets closer to release date....

Justin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.