R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree42Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2014, 04:20 PM   #1471
Tech Addict
 
Mopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santee, Ca
Posts: 666
Default

Ty list's xgear springs on his set-up sheets, are those HPI / HB or other?
__________________
Schumacher KF2se, Associated B5m CE (sold), Hot Bodies D413, Associated T5m, Axial Exo Terra, Schumacher Mi5, CRC 1/12, 3Racing FGX full suspension, Associated 18r
Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:02 PM   #1472
Tech Master
 
Autocratic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar View Post
Ty list's xgear springs on his set-up sheets, are those HPI / HB or other?
X-Gear springs are the type of spring made my Kyosho.
__________________
Thanks to my sponsors for 2015!
XFactory RC | Proline Racing | Fantom Racing | Avid RC | Speed Passion USA | Factory1 | Hy-Traction Juice | Mike's Hobby Shop
Autocratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:22 PM   #1473
Tech Regular
 
kdeleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

So are you going to seal the carbon fiber edges on this car with CA, like the chassis and shock towers? Is this even necessary anymore? This will be my first car with CF in a while so was wondering what most people recommend. All the other cars have been plastic and aluminum.
kdeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:34 PM   #1474
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eastvale, CA
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeleon View Post
So are you going to seal the carbon fiber edges on this car with CA, like the chassis and shock towers? Is this even necessary anymore? This will be my first car with CF in a while so was wondering what most people recommend. All the other cars have been plastic and aluminum.
I didn't bother CA'ing the edges of any of the carbon parts. the only prep I did was to chamfer the chassis lower edges with a dremel.
__________________
Torrance Deguzman
HPI/HB Mechanical Engineer
powered by LRP
T. Deguzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:49 PM   #1475
Tech Champion
 
Slotmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 5,691
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Deguzman View Post
I didn't bother CA'ing the edges of any of the carbon parts. the only prep I did was to chamfer the chassis lower edges with a dremel.
320 wet sand paper does a great job of rounding and smoothing.I would still recommend using c.a on any chassis. Then again I am an old on road guy.:rolleyes
Paul
__________________
HOBBYWING NORTH AMERICA /FALCON SEKIDO/ TEKNO RC TEAM/VBC Racing America/VP-PRO RACING TIRES/2010 R.O.A.R. VTA National Champion Driving a T2R PRO/NANO-TECH Batteries Paul Rush
Slotmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:04 PM   #1476
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I never sealed my CF parts even in the late 80's early 90's and with a nice sanding they were always fine. Can't wait till y'all try it out. I can't really afford to change wheelers right now but am DYING to try this car. I suspect I'd stay with it for a long time like I did with my RC10.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:32 PM   #1477
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 794
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Torrance,

On a medium bite clay track would you still go with 10/100/10 or 15/100/3 in the diffs? Perhaps something else?
AlderBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:04 PM   #1478
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eastvale, CA
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlderBoy View Post
Torrance,

On a medium bite clay track would you still go with 10/100/10 or 15/100/3 in the diffs? Perhaps something else?
15/100/3.

I usually leave the F/R alone the go between 60-100-300 in the center. I have 100 most of the time but if the conditions are loose I go 60. If there's a huge quad I have trouble clearing then I go 300.
__________________
Torrance Deguzman
HPI/HB Mechanical Engineer
powered by LRP
T. Deguzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:26 PM   #1479
Tech Fanatic
 
Jakesterama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocratic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar View Post
Ty list's xgear springs on his set-up sheets, are those HPI / HB or other?
X-Gear springs are the type of spring made my Kyosho.
Will Hot Bodies be making a spring set for a reasonable cost that Ty will start using? $22/pair of springs is one of the reasons I sent my ZX-5 FS2 SP down the road. I see that the spring pairs for the D4 are $7-$9, much more reasonable.

edit: partially answered my own question from the Hot Bodies UK website -
#113059 - 1/10 BUGGY FRONT SPRING 52.3 G/MM (GREEN)
#113060 - 1/10 BUGGY FRONT SPRING 54.4 G/MM (WHITE)
#113061 - 1/10 BUGGY FRONT SPRING 56.7 G/MM (BLUE)
#113062 - 1/10 BUGGY FRONT SPRING 59.1 G/MM (YELLOW)
#113063 - 1/10 BUGGY FRONT SPRING 61.8 G/MM (GOLD) (Standard)
#113064 - 1/10 BUGGY FRONT SPRING 64.8 G/MM (RED)

#113065 - 1/10 BUGGY REAR SPRING 32.9 G/MM (GREEN)
#113066 - 1/10 BUGGY REAR SPRING 34.0 G/MM (WHITE)
#113067 - 1/10 BUGGY REAR SPRING 35.2 G/MM (BLUE)
#113068 - 1/10 BUGGY REAR SPRING 36.4 G/MM (YELLOW) (Standard)
#113069 - 1/10 BUGGY REAR SPRING 37.8 G/MM (GOLD)
#113070 - 1/10 BUGGY REAR SPRING 39.2 G/MM (RED)

edit 2: Ty was running Kyosho XGear orange/yellow for ROAR nats, IFMAR worlds, and the Cactus Classic. I can't find an actual rating for Kyosho Super Hard/Orange fronts, but Kyosho Hard/Yellow fronts are 75g/mm which is way heavier than the heaviest front HB spring. Kyosho Hard/Yellow rears are 47g/mm, which also heavier than all the HB springs...

For the Reedy race he ran Kyosho yellow/white, which are 75g/mm and 43.6g/mm respectively, which again, isn't covered with the spread of HB springs. Am I missing something with the HB spring ratings?

source: http://www.tytessman.com/setups/d413-setups.php
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/Univ...pringChart.htm
http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=113063
__________________
if (racing_skill<AWESOME){
practice_lap++;
}

Last edited by Jakesterama; 03-26-2014 at 12:06 AM.
Jakesterama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:44 AM   #1480
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 794
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Deguzman View Post
15/100/3.

I usually leave the F/R alone the go between 60-100-300 in the center. I have 100 most of the time but if the conditions are loose I go 60. If there's a huge quad I have trouble clearing then I go 300.
Thanks again for the good info! What brand diff oil do you use?
AlderBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:40 AM   #1481
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wernau, Germany
Posts: 9
Default

Hi too all,

this is my first post here.
I'm sorry for my english, but i hope everyone unterstand me.

My question is, whats the size of the thread of the turnbuckles?
3mm?
3,5mm? or
4mm?

And which company does produce titanium turnbuckles?
Or will there some produced by HB in the future?

Thanks an greetings
Martin
__________________
HB#hpiracing
LRP electronic
JConcepts
Sanwa
TQGrafix
GermanOffroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:15 AM   #1482
Tech Master
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,952
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakesterama View Post
Will Hot Bodies be making a spring set for a reasonable cost that Ty will start using? $22/pair of springs is one of the reasons I sent my ZX-5 FS2 SP down the road. I see that the spring pairs for the D4 are $7-$9, much more reasonable.

edit: partially answered my own question from the Hot Bodies UK website -
#113059 - 1/10 BUGGY FRONT SPRING 52.3 G/MM (GREEN)
#113060 - 1/10 BUGGY FRONT SPRING 54.4 G/MM (WHITE)
#113061 - 1/10 BUGGY FRONT SPRING 56.7 G/MM (BLUE)
#113062 - 1/10 BUGGY FRONT SPRING 59.1 G/MM (YELLOW)
#113063 - 1/10 BUGGY FRONT SPRING 61.8 G/MM (GOLD) (Standard)
#113064 - 1/10 BUGGY FRONT SPRING 64.8 G/MM (RED)

#113065 - 1/10 BUGGY REAR SPRING 32.9 G/MM (GREEN)
#113066 - 1/10 BUGGY REAR SPRING 34.0 G/MM (WHITE)
#113067 - 1/10 BUGGY REAR SPRING 35.2 G/MM (BLUE)
#113068 - 1/10 BUGGY REAR SPRING 36.4 G/MM (YELLOW) (Standard)
#113069 - 1/10 BUGGY REAR SPRING 37.8 G/MM (GOLD)
#113070 - 1/10 BUGGY REAR SPRING 39.2 G/MM (RED)

edit 2: Ty was running Kyosho XGear orange/yellow for ROAR nats, IFMAR worlds, and the Cactus Classic. I can't find an actual rating for Kyosho Super Hard/Orange fronts, but Kyosho Hard/Yellow fronts are 75g/mm which is way heavier than the heaviest front HB spring. Kyosho Hard/Yellow rears are 47g/mm, which also heavier than all the HB springs...

For the Reedy race he ran Kyosho yellow/white, which are 75g/mm and 43.6g/mm respectively, which again, isn't covered with the spread of HB springs. Am I missing something with the HB spring ratings?

source: http://www.tytessman.com/setups/d413-setups.php
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/Univ...pringChart.htm
http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=113063
Durango springs provide great range. I will most likely use them when I race on the rug.
Durango spring chart:http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...ringsChart.pdf
Favorite spring chart: http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/BuggyBigBoreSpring.pdf
__________________
TrakPower Speed Equipment / Speed Passion
Serpent Natrix 748 TQ - Nova REX
D413 Reventon 1.1ex 13.5t; AE B6d Laydown Reventon Pro 1.1
DNX408V2-NovaP5, DETC410-Reventon 1.1ex-5.5t MMM
RC10 , RC10GT2- CV-R- SAVOX,
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:32 AM   #1483
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanOffroader View Post
Hi too all,

this is my first post here.
I'm sorry for my english, but i hope everyone unterstand me.

My question is, whats the size of the thread of the turnbuckles?
3mm?
3,5mm? or
4mm?

And which company does produce titanium turnbuckles?
Or will there some produced by HB in the future?

Thanks an greetings
Martin
Not sure the size, but lundsford is the company everyone goes too for turnbuckles. Your English is infinity times better than my German, keep up the good work
__________________
Hyperhobbies.ca
Rcbatterydepot.com
lee111m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:36 AM   #1484
Tech Apprentice
 
Dragon6502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Albion, NY
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlderBoy View Post
Thanks again for the good info! What brand diff oil do you use?
Good question AlderBoy. Torrance what diff and shock fluid brand are you using im using Mugen diff fluids in my 8th and 4wdsc and losi shock oils?
__________________
TEKNO - EB48 Tekin RX8 G2 T8 G2 1900
TEKNO - SCT410 - BCE T1PRO/014 - Tekin RX8 G2 Pro4 HD 4300 & Pro4 4600
31 & AKA
Dragon6502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:07 AM   #1485
Tech Master
 
DaveG28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,600
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakesterama View Post
Will Hot Bodies be making a spring set for a reasonable cost that Ty will start using? $22/pair of springs is one of the reasons I sent my ZX-5 FS2 SP down the road. I see that the spring pairs for the D4 are $7-$9, much more reasonable.

edit: partially answered my own question from the Hot Bodies UK website -
#113059 - 1/10 BUGGY FRONT SPRING 52.3 G/MM (GREEN)
#113060 - 1/10 BUGGY FRONT SPRING 54.4 G/MM (WHITE)
#113061 - 1/10 BUGGY FRONT SPRING 56.7 G/MM (BLUE)
#113062 - 1/10 BUGGY FRONT SPRING 59.1 G/MM (YELLOW)
#113063 - 1/10 BUGGY FRONT SPRING 61.8 G/MM (GOLD) (Standard)
#113064 - 1/10 BUGGY FRONT SPRING 64.8 G/MM (RED)

#113065 - 1/10 BUGGY REAR SPRING 32.9 G/MM (GREEN)
#113066 - 1/10 BUGGY REAR SPRING 34.0 G/MM (WHITE)
#113067 - 1/10 BUGGY REAR SPRING 35.2 G/MM (BLUE)
#113068 - 1/10 BUGGY REAR SPRING 36.4 G/MM (YELLOW) (Standard)
#113069 - 1/10 BUGGY REAR SPRING 37.8 G/MM (GOLD)
#113070 - 1/10 BUGGY REAR SPRING 39.2 G/MM (RED)

edit 2: Ty was running Kyosho XGear orange/yellow for ROAR nats, IFMAR worlds, and the Cactus Classic. I can't find an actual rating for Kyosho Super Hard/Orange fronts, but Kyosho Hard/Yellow fronts are 75g/mm which is way heavier than the heaviest front HB spring. Kyosho Hard/Yellow rears are 47g/mm, which also heavier than all the HB springs...

For the Reedy race he ran Kyosho yellow/white, which are 75g/mm and 43.6g/mm respectively, which again, isn't covered with the spread of HB springs. Am I missing something with the HB spring ratings?

source: http://www.tytessman.com/setups/d413-setups.php
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/Univ...pringChart.htm
http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=113063
Bear in mind that certainly cactus was ridiculously high grip and traction roll prone, so I would expect springs used there to be at the absolute upper end of the spectrum of what you'll ever need!

Also, unfortunately (I hate $20 per pair too!) the extra coat may be why they are better and so many people use them!
__________________
Viper ESC's ~ Xpert Servo's ~ Sanwa Radio
DaveG28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:36 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net