Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eric Summers
i hate the word "DITTO". but what the incubus said.
a lot of detail to that car (buggy).
HB 2015 anyone?
that chime rings in my head every time i think of this build " Hot pockets", I mean "Hot Bodies"
Oh yum, Hot Pockets.... http://www.nbcnews.com/#/health/heal...-recall-n33241
Old 02-20-2014, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Found these Acer Ceramic Bearings at Tower:

I guess that we are only a month or two from being able to pre-order now
Old 02-20-2014, 11:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
No sir.

We have 2 local guys who are always battling for the top spot on outdoor, indoor, carpet, whatever.

As I've ALWAYS said, if a car is good, it's good, regardless of type of track. Everything depends on setup and the ability of the person holding the radio. As far as I've seen, the XB4 is quite a robust vehicle that is just plain fast and extremely tunable. I think if the top drivers drove XB4 they'd dominate with relative ease. The car is just that good.
ok, you buy one and let me know how it goes. lol. From my reading on the xb thread, they are breaking arms and shock tower bulkheads. I dont want to deal with weak arms, I had to put rpms on my b44, because i was snapping an arm every couple packs. I need a wheeler to be as strong as my tlr 22
Old 02-20-2014, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

my pre-order in the UK still says early May
Old 02-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Tech Addict

Any one know if there are assembly instruction for the car anywhere?
Old 02-20-2014, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

One thing EVERYONE has to keep in perspective is how insanely cold it's been everywhere this year. This is important because colder temps mean plastics become more rigid and rather than flex as they would normally, they snap. Simple as that.

We run on a pretty large 1/10 track and a huge 8th scale track and XB4's rip it up and I have yet to see one break. Jader Lopez is a local driver sponsored by X-ray and his XB4 has only let him down when testing prototype components such as hexes, hubs and the like.

My 410 never broke a thing until the cold streak hit us this year and I've snapped 10+ arms as if from nowhere. If you do the math, these cars landing these jumps at the high rates of speed, the front arms are enduring many more times the weight of the vehicle, corner after corner, jump after jump, lap after lap.

Lighter cars like the 44.2 don't snap as many arms because they don't carry the same weight and therefore do not stress the arms nearly as much, but also, the slop of the car contributes to this as some of that play equals give when taking shunts that would easily snap parts on other cars with more precision fit components. The less play, the more rigid, the more rigid the easier to snap.

Think about people kicking boards in karate. The sturdier the hold, the easier it is to break. Hold it loosely however and the same kick will simply push it back. Same principals apply here.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
One thing EVERYONE has to keep in perspective is how insanely cold it's been everywhere this year. This is important because colder temps mean plastics become more rigid and rather than flex as they would normally, they snap. Simple as that.

We run on a pretty large 1/10 track and a huge 8th scale track and XB4's rip it up and I have yet to see one break. Jader Lopez is a local driver sponsored by X-ray and his XB4 has only let him down when testing prototype components such as hexes, hubs and the like.

My 410 never broke a thing until the cold streak hit us this year and I've snapped 10+ arms as if from nowhere. If you do the math, these cars landing these jumps at the high rates of speed, the front arms are enduring many more times the weight of the vehicle, corner after corner, jump after jump, lap after lap.

Lighter cars like the 44.2 don't snap as many arms because they don't carry the same weight and therefore do not stress the arms nearly as much, but also, the slop of the car contributes to this as some of that play equals give when taking shunts that would easily snap parts on other cars with more precision fit components. The less play, the more rigid, the more rigid the easier to snap.

Think about people kicking boards in karate. The sturdier the hold, the easier it is to break. Hold it loosely however and the same kick will simply push it back. Same principals apply here.
oh, lol. you assume the arms are breaking under good conditions...no sir. I smack pipes and wood, lol. If I snap an arm landing on all fours. the car get sold right away, lol. I might look at the xb4 if the class keeps taking off locally. There was no class. then i bought the b44 and got 1 other guy to run with me, then the bug caught on and from what I hear we will have 6-8 wheelers racing now, lol
Old 02-20-2014, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
ok, you buy one and let me know how it goes. lol. From my reading on the xb thread, they are breaking arms and shock tower bulkheads. I dont want to deal with weak arms, I had to put rpms on my b44, because i was snapping an arm every couple packs. I need a wheeler to be as strong as my tlr 22
i promise you the ams don't break easy like the b44. The towers and bulkhead problems have been fixed. there are 5 people driving them now and I've seen one arm break. i have seen 3 b44 arms break in one race day
Old 02-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
oh, lol. you assume the arms are breaking under good conditions...no sir. I smack pipes and wood, lol. If I snap an arm landing on all fours. the car get sold right away, lol. I might look at the xb4 if the class keeps taking off locally. There was no class. then i bought the b44 and got 1 other guy to run with me, then the bug caught on and from what I hear we will have 6-8 wheelers racing now, lol
why so much hate on the xb4? ive seen people tumble it all the way across a track and grab more throttle and it lands and keeps going.

yeah the 44.2 has weak front arms. everyone has know that for a while.

if you think the xb4 has a lot of breakages you should check out the 22-4 fourm. people complain about hinge pins all day long lol
Old 02-20-2014, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by silveraider14
why so much hate on the xb4? ive seen people tumble it all the way across a track and grab more throttle and it lands and keeps going.

if you think the xb4 has a lot of breakages you should check out the 22-4 fourm. people complain about hinge pins all day long lol
on the 22-4 thread.
go over there and see what i posted? the very obvious, now some how i am an outlaw.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

I must stop clicking my subscriptions because I see bold, there's nothing to read here #rantOFF
Old 02-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silveraider14

umm... because this is D413 thread?
and

it's a lovely nice car, but its durability really isn't something to brag about. xray under-engineered it this time.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I hope xray fanboys don't see this....
Old 02-21-2014, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu
umm... because this is D413 thread?
and

it's a lovely nice car, but its durability really isn't something to brag about. xray under-engineered it this time.
If all of those are from your car……looks to me like you need to stop hitting stuff, and landing on your shock towers…. it don't matter what you drive…

In all seriousness though, crash wrong or hard enough ALL cars break the HB will be no different…..
Old 02-21-2014, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

^^^ This!

As well, you have to keep in mind that there are thousands of these cars out there and you will see about 80% of bad experiences posted all over the net, but very few go out of their way to post good things in forums to the degree they do on the bad. It's this way for just about everything.

No car is bullet proof and at some point things will break. It's the nature of the best. I just inspected my 410 last night and realized I finally snapped a front shock tower which I suspect occurred when someone smashed into my in mid air at the JConcepts Supercup last week. I thought the car was toast and everyone all said wooooow when it landed perfectly on the triple anyway and took the place anyway. LOL

It finished the race and I didn't notice anything was wrong, but the race ran into night and visibility outside the track is poor. I just hope JConcepts captured that with their aerial cam because it was too insane to live just in our memories. LOL

Still holding out for this damn car! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.