R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree35Likes

Old 01-25-2017, 01:04 PM   #10966
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004hdfxsti View Post
anyone else having a problem with wearing through front skid plates really quick? I have tried the T Bone racing ones and am not a fan. They seem to bend and pull through the screws. Just seems like I go through a skid plate every few months (racing weekly)
I raced mine very week, indoors and outdoors for 1.5 years and never wore thru one.

Either have a material issue, or some really low ride height and chassis slap
snwchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:09 PM   #10967
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
thanks!

so did a search on servo horns, are these the right ones:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-al...sa99032/p13553

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hb-raci...s67169/p148908

If not which ones?

Also how hard is it to do the mod for the exotek chassis or is it to just better drop the $25 dollars on the parts?
What ever horn you end up with, make sure it's clamping. Will last you 10 times longer than a press on type in regards to slop...
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-dsc_0066__34030.1477950236.1280.1280.jpg  

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:11 PM   #10968
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg View Post

David's set up from the last big carpet race. Pictures show he was using a Exotek chassis but he does not "officially" say so.
Thanks for posting it.) Confirms what we know about the Exotek chassis

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
Old 01-25-2017, 02:26 PM   #10969
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Thanks for posting it.) Confirms what we know about the Exotek chassis
MikeR- Did you ever get my email?
Old 01-25-2017, 02:36 PM   #10970
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
MikeR- Did you ever get my email?
Hi, replied

Old 01-25-2017, 06:11 PM   #10971
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I have a bit of an odd issue some of you might be able to help with.

Do you guys do anything special to get double sided tape off clean with the carbon fiber chassis? This stuff is not coming off clean the way I usually do it by peeling it off.
EbbTide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:44 PM   #10972
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

I use goo gone at times and it helps to get it off clean. just got to kind of soak it a bit.

Alright so I got 2 of these on the way. one will come with the Schelle graphite chassis that I think is new or like new and a ton of NIB parts.

Anyway, what are peoples thoughts on these chassis versus the exotek for 13.5 spec racing?
Old 01-25-2017, 06:51 PM   #10973
Tech Elite

Quote:
I use goo gone at times and it helps to get it off clean. just got to kind of soak it a bit.

Alright so I got 2 of these on the way. one will come with the Schelle graphite chassis that I think is new or like new and a ton of NIB parts.

Anyway, what are peoples thoughts on these chassis versus the exotek for 13.5 spec racing?
Thanks Cain I'll give goo-gone a shot
Old 01-25-2017, 06:58 PM   #10974
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004hdfxsti View Post
anyone else having a problem with wearing through front skid plates really quick? I have tried the T Bone racing ones and am not a fan. They seem to bend and pull through the screws. Just seems like I go through a skid plate every few months (racing weekly)
I attended an event on a hard packed track with some poorly made big jumps. Completely went through a front plate in 6 runs. A rear in 8. My home track I can run for months without worry. So it is possible on the right surface. Kinda like it can be replaced easy.
Cameron Kellogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:09 PM   #10975
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:

Most spec racing is about running less weight. So depending on your racing handling pays off more than light weight. Then the Exotek could be faster. Mod normally power is plenty so the heaver chassis adds stability and drivability.
Cameron Kellogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:21 AM   #10976
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I do get a bit of slap, but they seem to go quick. wearable part i guess....
2004hdfxsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:58 AM   #10977
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg View Post
Most spec racing is about running less weight. So depending on your racing handling pays off more than light weight. Then the Exotek could be faster. Mod normally power is plenty so the heaver chassis adds stability and drivability.
cool. I may still do the dual exotek chassis setups and sell the Schelle one depending on how far I want to run with the D413s.

How hard is it to modify the plates that are needed for the exotek conversions?

So what right now is considered a great base outdoor loose track setup to go with?

Lastly, I noticed some drivers here had issues with the spring cups. I see various posts about it on the thread, but it seems like its either exotek or you have the stockers on wrong. Is that right?

Last edited by Cain; 01-26-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:02 AM   #10978
Tech Elite

Quote:
cool. I may still do the dual exotek chassis setups and sell the Schelle one depending on how far I want to run with the D413s.

So what right now is considered a great base outdoor loose track setup to go with?

Lastly, I noticed some drivers here had issues with the spring cups. I see various posts about it on the thread, but it seems like its either exotek or you have the stockers on wrong. Is that right?
I'm actually considering the exotek chassis myself. And the modifications don't seem all that difficult to achieve with just a cutoff wheel and some steady hands. However I think I'm going to just buy the extra bits for a cleaner look plus my cuts tend to be a little crooked lol.

But regardless I think I'll at least try the CF chassis before I splurge on the exotek kit. Even though it does look sweet and makes maintenance less of a headache
Old 01-28-2017, 06:12 AM   #10979
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
I'm actually considering the exotek chassis myself. And the modifications don't seem all that difficult to achieve with just a cutoff wheel and some steady hands. However I think I'm going to just buy the extra bits for a cleaner look plus my cuts tend to be a little crooked lol.

But regardless I think I'll at least try the CF chassis before I splurge on the exotek kit. Even though it does look sweet and makes maintenance less of a headache
yeah I may have a line here on another D413 with exotek chassis, so will see what happens. If its pretty straight forward modifying the various plates I don't mind not having a perfect cut versus spending $25 for that.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:17 PM   #10980
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

Yes on spring cups.
nitro2be is offline   Reply With Quote