R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree42Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2016, 08:20 PM   #10756
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dirty Jersey
Posts: 3,784
Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)
Default

any word on a slipper?
skyline1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 01:16 PM   #10757
Tech Fanatic
 
skrichter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 857
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skrichter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline1015 View Post
any word on a slipper?
Someone has to have tried to retrofit a slipper (maybe an Xray slipper).
__________________
LiveRC.com | Dirt Heaven Hobby & Raceway
skrichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 09:20 AM   #10758
Tech Regular
 
RedBMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrichter View Post
Someone has to have tried to retrofit a slipper (maybe an Xray slipper).
I searched through the entire thread and the only reference I could find was to someone going to try a B44.2/B44.3 slipper, but that was way back and there was no follow up. The newest entry talked about using the following diff fluids instead of a slipper, 15k 60k 5k.
RedBMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:37 PM   #10759
Tech Addict
 
nitro2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Corona CA.
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Ty tessmann used a slipper in the Chitown setup sheet. Maybe Facebook him and ask how he did it.
__________________
Hb D413 Orion 5.5, associated rc12r5.2 4T LRP .Lucky Easy E..
nitro2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:03 PM   #10760
Tech Regular
 
RedBMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
Ty tessmann used a slipper in the Chitown setup sheet. Maybe Facebook him and ask how he did it.
They were prototype parts
RedBMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:03 AM   #10761
Tech Champion
 
Cameron Kellogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 5,738
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

I picked up a used d413 and ran it for the first time this weekend.
Question 1 What is a fix for the rear tie rods at the wheel breaking. Broke two so far and seems the be the weak part of the whole car.
Question 2 What are people using for pistons? I can't seem to find a machined normal piston for this car.
Question 3 Running the Avid chassis and Exotek center diff parts. The center diff seems to be a little long for the blocks and side stressing the bearings. Diff does not spin free like it should. New bearings only lasted a few runs before going bad. There is no free play in the diff when everything is tightened down. Not sure if this is a Avid chassis problem or a Exotek cap/gear problem. Anyone else have this problem?
Cameron Kellogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:23 PM   #10762
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In a VAN down by the RIVER
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I've been driving this car since it first came out and have built several of them:

1) never had any issues with the rear tie rods/ends, but someone else may have posted something on this thread somewhere.
2) RCShox makes machined pistons
3) not sure if diff parts or chassis are the problem... I run the schelle chassis. Try a stock center diff, to eliminate that from the equation... never had any issues with stock center diff in all the time I've been running this car
__________________
Sofa King Racing
Sofa King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:21 PM   #10763
Tech Champion
 
Cameron Kellogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 5,738
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
I've been driving this car since it first came out and have built several of them:

1) never had any issues with the rear tie rods/ends, but someone else may have posted something on this thread somewhere.
2) RCShox makes machined pistons
3) not sure if diff parts or chassis are the problem... I run the schelle chassis. Try a stock center diff, to eliminate that from the equation... never had any issues with stock center diff in all the time I've been running this car
Thanks, I will try the stock gear to see if the issue is the same. Pretty sure its a case of too many after market parts together not meeting the factory tolerance. If I take the gasket out I have plenty of play. I am sure the diff would be empty before the first pack was done though.
Cameron Kellogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:37 PM   #10764
Tech Apprentice
 
Kegman21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg View Post
I picked up a used d413 and ran it for the first time this weekend.
Question 1 What is a fix for the rear tie rods at the wheel breaking. Broke two so far and seems the be the weak part of the whole car.
Question 2 What are people using for pistons? I can't seem to find a machined normal piston for this car.
Question 3 Running the Avid chassis and Exotek center diff parts. The center diff seems to be a little long for the blocks and side stressing the bearings. Diff does not spin free like it should. New bearings only lasted a few runs before going bad. There is no free play in the diff when everything is tightened down. Not sure if this is a Avid chassis problem or a Exotek cap/gear problem. Anyone else have this problem?
I have had the same problem with the rear tire rods . Only thing I did was buy more. Of corse you can go Exotek and just get rid of the part. They use normal tie rods.
__________________
HB D413/ SMC160A/ Sanwa M12S/ Associated B6 🚓
Kegman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:44 PM   #10765
Tech Addict
 
nitro2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Corona CA.
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I have 2 d413 and the one with Lunsford turnbuckle does not break rear tie rod. Stock turnbuckle car seems to break from time to time..
__________________
Hb D413 Orion 5.5, associated rc12r5.2 4T LRP .Lucky Easy E..
nitro2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:28 PM   #10766
Tech Apprentice
 
Kegman21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Wonder which will come first new d413 or D216
__________________
HB D413/ SMC160A/ Sanwa M12S/ Associated B6 🚓
Kegman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:40 AM   #10767
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,735
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegman21 View Post
Wonder which will come first new d413 or D216
Are there rumors of a new product being released soon?
__________________
scte 3.0, 22T 3.0, 8ight E 4.0, 22 4.0, 22-4 2.0, SCT 3.0
nbkioo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:48 AM   #10768
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,735
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default

By chance, anyone have an extra rear top deck? I need the longer one that goes from the rear end to the center diff. Mine snapped when someone landed on me. Thanks
__________________
scte 3.0, 22T 3.0, 8ight E 4.0, 22 4.0, 22-4 2.0, SCT 3.0
nbkioo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:02 PM   #10769
Team Tekin
 
yzracer758's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tekin HQ
Posts: 3,030
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbkioo8 View Post
Are there rumors of a new product being released soon?
Certainly some new parts are in store, but have not heard of there being a new kit soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbkioo8 View Post
By chance, anyone have an extra rear top deck? I need the longer one that goes from the rear end to the center diff. Mine snapped when someone landed on me. Thanks
PM me your shipping info.
__________________
Tekin, Inc. | XRAY | RC America | Hudy | Protek RC | Exotek Racing | Factory-RC Products | Proline Racing | Avid RC | Vision Racing Products | Paint By Smiley | SOR Graphics |
Jeremy Potter
yzracer758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:29 PM   #10770
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 1,517
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Was wondering if someone could tell me the length of the front a-arms inner hinge pin hole to outer hinge pin hole as well as the back a-arms inner hinge pin hole to outer hinge pin hole.

Thank you very much as the info will help me determine if the D413 front and rear a arms will be a good fit on an older vintage wheeler.
Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (0 members and 8 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:09 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net