R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree29Likes

Old 05-25-2016, 08:07 AM   #10696
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrichter View Post
Just ordered a few parts, which I hope can change some of the handling characteristics of this wheeler....

Hot Bodies Shock Piston Set 2x1.6/2x1.7mm
Hot Bodies 12mm Shock Bellow Bladder
Hot Bodies Caster Block Set 12.5 Degree L/R D413
Team Orion 2S Carbon Pro Ultra 110C LiPo Shorty Battery (low profile)
what issue are you having? twitchy?
skyline1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:30 PM   #10697
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmdesertracer View Post
hows the turnout been since 702 went away from clay? My friend should be there at the beginning of next month to race.
Like velcro. Nice not having to clean your car. And air conditioning in Vegas is a must so it helps a lot. Make sure you have him check out the schedule so he does not show up with off-road on an on-road day.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:31 PM   #10698
Tech Apprentice

Parts are starting to arrive at Tower and Amain. Looks like Monday everything will be in. Time to stock up.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:03 PM   #10699
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarwashington View Post
what wheels are you guys using?
I usually get the 22-4 wheels when buying the DE colored wheels and even if I get the White or Yellows, since they are cheaper than the HB wheels and plus most LHS carry the 22-4 style wheels
snwchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:29 PM   #10700
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzracer758 View Post
Really Thick Shock Oil and stiffer springs, 60wt up front and probably 40wt in the rear.

Anything you can do to help slow down the steering will help also as with the right tires the buggy will be very twitchy and change direction quickly.
Ok I just got done switching my setup to a high bite carpet setup from petite Rc. It feels. Very different than what I am used to. I switched to my schelle alum chasis, 60w rear and 40w front shock fluid, Setup called for 1.3 Pistons but I only had the 1.6 and 1.7 I think they are so I left those. I changed all the shims and hinge pin hangers etc... I am used to a light shock pkg where it would spring back up after compressed. This Package slows it down a lot. I have the spring adjusters turned all the way down and it only springs back up to where the arms are parallel with the ground. Is this what I want?
I also went to 3k rear, 20k front and 60k center on the diffs.
And I got the pinpoint tires and ran them on Saturday (with the old clay setup) and wow that thing sticks to the track
Like crazy.
I am also wondering about my current shock orings. i noticed that the rear shocks had black gook on the body and lower cap the other day so when I took them apart I noticed the previous owner had installed what looks like traxxas x-rings. Do those work better than the stock HB orings? I hate leaky shocks. The front also have the xrings but I didn't notice any leaking from the fronts, just the rears. So I was going to order HB orings but wasn't sure if I was downgrading by installing those and if I should just get new xrings

Last edited by Slapjack; 05-31-2016 at 05:21 AM.
Slapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:25 AM   #10701
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
Anyone used the new Exotek rear hubs? Any opinions? Does anyone know How the vertical ball cup locations on the hub correspond to the horizontal stock positions. I know they give you a spacer and a recommendation for the ball stud. Does the inside ball stud location correspond to the #2 location on the stock rear hub?
does anyone have any experience with the exotek rear hubs?
skyline1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:09 PM   #10702
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to 13Maschine

I'd love to hear some feedback on the floating servo mount, thoughts and feedback please?
13Maschine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:10 PM   #10703
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
Anyone used the new Exotek rear hubs? Any opinions? Does anyone know How the vertical ball cup locations on the hub correspond to the horizontal stock positions. I know they give you a spacer and a recommendation for the ball stud. Does the inside ball stud location correspond to the #2 location on the stock rear hub?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline1015 View Post
does anyone have any experience with the exotek rear hubs?
I have been wondering the same things. Anyone?
Chris Gierse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:35 PM   #10704
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gierse View Post
I have been wondering the same things. Anyone?
Hi,
As noted on the product page- both holes matches the position of the stock D413 hubs.

http://www.exotekracing.com/d413-d21...-hub-set-7075/

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:40 PM   #10705
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Maschine View Post
I'd love to hear some feedback on the floating servo mount, thoughts and feedback please?
Not specifically the D413 but 4wd in general, I feel floating mounts are inconsistent. The more traction goes up, the more the servo flexes and doesnt feel centered due to the front tires pulling on the links... This is not as noticeable when traction is lower. Pretty much feels like a servo saver FWIW.

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
Old 06-02-2016, 01:06 PM   #10706
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Hi,
As noted on the product page- both holes matches the position of the stock D413 hubs.

http://www.exotekracing.com/d413-d21...-hub-set-7075/
Do you use the shim to match the upper position on the hub and no shim to match the the lower position?
Old 06-02-2016, 01:17 PM   #10707
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gierse View Post
Do you use the shim to match the upper position on the hub and no shim to match the the lower position?
Correct

Old 06-02-2016, 01:38 PM   #10708
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Correct
Thanks!
Old 06-02-2016, 02:23 PM   #10709
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapjack View Post
Ok I just got done switching my setup to a high bite carpet setup from petite Rc. It feels. Very different than what I am used to. I switched to my schelle alum chasis, 60w rear and 40w front shock fluid, Setup called for 1.3 Pistons but I only had the 1.6 and 1.7 I think they are so I left those. I changed all the shims and hinge pin hangers etc... I am used to a light shock pkg where it would spring back up after compressed. This Package slows it down a lot. I have the spring adjusters turned all the way down and it only springs back up to where the arms are parallel with the ground. Is this what I want?
I also went to 3k rear, 20k front and 60k center on the diffs.
And I got the pinpoint tires and ran them on Saturday (with the old clay setup) and wow that thing sticks to the track
Like crazy.
I am also wondering about my current shock orings. i noticed that the rear shocks had black gook on the body and lower cap the other day so when I took them apart I noticed the previous owner had installed what looks like traxxas x-rings. Do those work better than the stock HB orings? I hate leaky shocks. The front also have the xrings but I didn't notice any leaking from the fronts, just the rears. So I was going to order HB orings but wasn't sure if I was downgrading by installing those and if I should just get new xrings
Some people did run the traxxas in the past but the newer HB work great. With carpet remember the lower your car the better it corners and stays planted. LCG if you have to much bite consider removing a row of pins off the outer portion of your rear tires.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:37 PM   #10710
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sorry, but I can't seem to get a straight answer with the search function and I need to place an order ASAP so I have wheels/tires this weekend. I don't have the D413 yet but I bought one used and want to run it this weekend if possible.

Will any 12MM Hex wheel work for this?

Jconcepts Mono (R)
B5M Rear
etc.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?...7_3827&lg=fk37
https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?...l%204wd%20rear

I did a little more searching and it appears that TLR 22-4 fronts work well, and just about any 12mm rears work well.

Is that accurate?

Last edited by 40yoCaliRacer; 06-08-2016 at 12:50 PM.
40yoCaliRacer is offline   Reply With Quote