R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree31Likes

Old 02-19-2016, 05:20 AM   #10531
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire86 View Post
Has anyone tried AE shocks on this platform?

I must be doing something wrong building the HB shocks. I've put the bladder top on and bled the shocks...do they ever stop leaking out of the little hole? I'm sure it's operator error somewhere. Please guide me in the correct direction.

are you building the shocks according to the post below?

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
skyline1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 05:27 AM   #10532
Tech Initiate

Per page 7 of the manual, but they may have aftermarket caps.
wildfire86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 07:40 AM   #10533
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Did you forget to put the bleeder screw back in...

I'm running the HB Alum Caps and have never had an issue with them leaking out.
snwchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:19 AM   #10534
Tech Initiate

Here's a picture of the shock cap.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-0219161208.jpg  
Old 02-19-2016, 09:53 AM   #10535
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire86 View Post
Here's a picture of the shock cap.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but did you install the correct seal/o-ring, or make sure the seal/o-ring did not get pinched

As for shock caps, I've been using the associated caps and stand offs, i use a durango fat shock orings at the base of the cap to get a seal, I've also ran the durango fat shocks on the front with the durango stand offs.
anythinggas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:08 AM   #10536
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the reply, Kevin. I'll probably just run the AE shock caps. That is the most familiar for me.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:24 AM   #10537
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Is that right?

Picked up a D413 roller from a fellow racer. Looking to freshen things up a bit and see many, many parts on backorder until:

This product is expected to arrive on Saturday, April 30 2016.

It's the third week of February. More than two months out for basic parts? Is this a gross over estimation, or are parts that scarce for months at a time? Hasn't this chassis been out for a solid two years now? I know, I can bang around on Ebay and find a part here and there from random places on the net, but that doesn't seem right.
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:07 AM   #10538
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guess depends on what your looking for its hit and miss at both Amain and Superior Hobbies for parts.
snwchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:40 PM   #10539
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt View Post
Picked up a D413 roller from a fellow racer. Looking to freshen things up a bit and see many, many parts on backorder until:

This product is expected to arrive on Saturday, April 30 2016.

It's the third week of February. More than two months out for basic parts? Is this a gross over estimation, or are parts that scarce for months at a time? Hasn't this chassis been out for a solid two years now? I know, I can bang around on Ebay and find a part here and there from random places on the net, but that doesn't seem right.
At times parts can be hard to get. I usually try to keep 2-3 of each breakable part or parts that are known to break even if I have not broken one yet.

Usually the part you need isn't in stock but everything else is. Then you go back to get the parts that were in stock when you need them and they are gone. I suggest buying multiples of everything.
Jason84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:20 PM   #10540
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have a question regarding roll center adjustment. How do I lower the roll center on the d413 to get more traction? Wouldn't you normally add spacers under the ball stud (raise the ball stud). But the rear ball stud is mounted underneath the camber plate. So what do I do? Anyone mount it on top of the plate? I have the carbon fiber camber plate which has one extra hole but I'm not even sure what moving to the other holes does. I was going by one of tessmanns setup sheets which says to use 1mm spacer between stud and camber plate but that is raising the roll center since is mounted on the bottom of the camber plate and I want to lower it. I think. Lol
Old 02-24-2016, 07:38 AM   #10541
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapjack View Post
I have a question regarding roll center adjustment. How do I lower the roll center on the d413 to get more traction? Wouldn't you normally add spacers under the ball stud (raise the ball stud). But the rear ball stud is mounted underneath the camber plate. So what do I do? Anyone mount it on top of the plate? I have the carbon fiber camber plate which has one extra hole but I'm not even sure what moving to the other holes does. I was going by one of tessmanns setup sheets which says to use 1mm spacer between stud and camber plate but that is raising the roll center since is mounted on the bottom of the camber plate and I want to lower it. I think. Lol
The less washers you use the higher the link will be and thus the more traction you will have, at the expense of reducing steering. I also run a 1mm washer with the carbon camber plate, mounted in the middle hole on the first row.
Tekin, Inc. | XRAY | RC America | Hudy | Protek RC | Exotek Racing | Factory-RC Products | Proline Racing | Avid RC | Vision Racing Products | Paint By Smiley | SOR Graphics | Carolina Custom Anodizing
Jeremy Potter
Tekin C.S. Manager
yzracer758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:47 AM   #10542
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
The rear hub has 2 holes for the pin to go through . These adjust roll center also. The upper hole makes for a lower roll center I believe.

Don't forget ... Have fun , talk sh*$ with your buddies, and have fun.

I race so I can have people flip my car over ....
wittyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:08 AM   #10543
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyname View Post
The rear hub has 2 holes for the pin to go through . These adjust roll center also. The upper hole makes for a lower roll center I believe.
Thanks guys... If I adjust the rear end do I also make a change to the front end roll center? Or should that remain constant? And the outer hub hole you are referring to is the hole where the hinge pin goes thru right? So I either want to make the inner stud higher or make it lower at the outer hub area correct?
Old 02-24-2016, 09:20 AM   #10544
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks guys... If I adjust the rear end do I also make a change to the front end roll center? Or should that remain constant? And the outer hub hole you are referring to is the hole where the hinge pin goes thru right? So I either want to make the inner stud higher or make it lower at the outer hub area correct?
Only if you make a radical change to one end, would I then change the other. The rear link is more important to get right then the front.
Tekin, Inc. | XRAY | RC America | Hudy | Protek RC | Exotek Racing | Factory-RC Products | Proline Racing | Avid RC | Vision Racing Products | Paint By Smiley | SOR Graphics | Carolina Custom Anodizing
Jeremy Potter
Tekin C.S. Manager
yzracer758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:27 AM   #10545
Tech Initiate

Here is a good pdf for Roll Center, Anti-Squat, Kick-up and more....

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/hotbod...413_Charts.pdf

cheers