Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 09:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

just noticed my front skid plate is worn through. went to order one and whaddaya know? back ordered everywhere till late april.

good buggy, but i would never own another HB product because of CONTINUAL supply problems.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

just noticed my front skid plate is worn through. went to order one and whaddaya know? back ordered everywhere till late april.

good buggy, but i would never own another HB product because of CONTINUAL supply problems.
Not sure if this is correct but worth a call.
http://www.cutonhatxom.com/hot-bodie...5-p-19246.html
Old 02-16-2016, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Maxxingout
Not sure if this is correct but worth a call.
http://www.cutonhatxom.com/hot-bodie...5-p-19246.html
That site seems kinda scammy: from their FAQ:

7.Which forms of payment do you accept?
For orders below $10,000, the only acceptable forms of payment are
bank wire transfer, or Western Union.

So, no matter what may go wrong: you could never get your money back. Buy with confidence?
Old 02-16-2016, 05:43 AM
Dob
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Fred Perkins
Bevel? Do you mean a taper?
http://www.schelleracing.com/Schelle...-Bevel-SCH1025

Bevel, taper, same thing? But yes. The blanks that come with the kit are flat.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dob
http://www.schelleracing.com/Schelle...-Bevel-SCH1025

Bevel, taper, same thing? But yes. The blanks that come with the kit are flat.
I used the stock pistons to drill out for my 1.7 and 1.6 set up . A jeweler near my office had the mini bits and did them for me for free , took about 6 minutes. They were a good change for my car and track at the time .
Old 02-17-2016, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What is the stock caster block degree? Exotek is 10deg and says it matches stock geometry but I thought the stock was like 9 deg? Debating if the exotek front caster block and rear hubs are worth the money to upgrade too (other than being very nice looking parts).
Also, when I got the buggy it had the exotek wing buttons (so you have to modify the stock mount by drilling a hole to use the screw to mount the wing) The screws go in somewhat snug but I can't really tighten them too much because I feel like I will strip the hole. Does the plastic mount break easily? Wondering if I should just get another stock one and re-drill the hole smaller so the wing is mounted more sturdy or just buy the exotek mount.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Can't wait to run this thing. I also have an X-ray xb4'15 and I have to say the shocks on this d413 feel so much smoother I just can't get over it. No matter how I build the X-ray shocks they squeak and the springs feel cheap. For a car that is advertised as a "luxury" buggy it's not too luxurious in comparison to the HB. Just have to slap in my esc and I'm done.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-image.jpg  
Old 02-17-2016, 10:33 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapjack
What is the stock caster block degree? Exotek is 10deg and says it matches stock geometry but I thought the stock was like 9 deg? Debating if the exotek front caster block and rear hubs are worth the money to upgrade too (other than being very nice looking parts).
Also, when I got the buggy it had the exotek wing buttons (so you have to modify the stock mount by drilling a hole to use the screw to mount the wing) The screws go in somewhat snug but I can't really tighten them too much because I feel like I will strip the hole. Does the plastic mount break easily? Wondering if I should just get another stock one and re-drill the hole smaller so the wing is mounted more sturdy or just buy the exotek mount.
Stock Caster is 10 degree's. HB does offer 12.5 and 15 degree options.

I have yet to see someone break a stock wing mount personally...
Old 02-17-2016, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by yzracer758
Stock Caster is 10 degree's. HB does offer 12.5 and 15 degree options.

I have yet to see someone break a stock wing mount personally...
Thanks... Yea I tried finding the 12.5 or 15 deg but literally everywhere on the planet is sold out I guess. I tried amain, tower, ebay and every site that came up in a google search. Nothing. I will probably just stick with the stock caster blocks again.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Has anyone tried the gunsmoke setup? That I what I picked for my track (small to medium size, sort of tight, low-med grip.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:58 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the gunsmoke setup? That I what I picked for my track (small to medium size, sort of tight, low-med grip.
It looks like a good starting point for you. The one thing I would change is the center diff oil if your running on low-med grip to either 60k or 80k. It will make the car much easier to drive. Also I like to run more kickup then what the Gunsmoke setup sheet says, it makes the car a little less twitchy.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK

Same here, I'm one pissed off individual about parts supply right now. I needed front and rear bumpers too. Had to buy the front and rear diff cases with the bumpers off of eBay from a place that looks like they part out new kits. Everywhere else is out of stock and I mean everywhere else. It seems like parts come in for a few months and they the supply is gone and we wait several more months again. I wish I could find a parts supplier in Europe or Even Asia, because I'd try them at this point.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by yzracer758
It looks like a good starting point for you. The one thing I would change is the center diff oil if your running on low-med grip to either 60k or 80k. It will make the car much easier to drive. Also I like to run more kickup then what the Gunsmoke setup sheet says, it makes the car a little less twitchy.

Thanks... I actually just went home and looked at the setup sheet and I did sort of make a couple small changes from the gunsmoke setup. I am at 10 deg kickup, 0 deg anti squat. diffs are 7/100/3. I am going to try the 100k just cause it's already in there and take the 50k and 60k with me to the track. Just so I can try them all to feel the difference. I figured 100k was a little heavy tho.
I know in the back of my head this is just way too high but for my X-ray xb4 a team driver swears I need to be running 500k in the cd. I put it in just to try. He says they run 1,000,000 cst normally and 500k for blown out tracks. Has anyone ever run anything that thick before? I've never seen it done but it seemed like quite a few ppl on the xb4 thread run real thick fluids.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

I also wanted to ask about a couple cosmetic things. Does anyone know if the shock spring adjuster collar and the lower cap and maybe even the spring perch from the tcxx touring car will work on the d413? Also the clamping wheel hexes. If you search hot bodies purple on Amain all those parts come up. I want to make all the orange pieces purple and I've seen cars wth that but wasn't sure if they had them re anodized or if they bought purple parts. Any help with that?
Old 02-17-2016, 06:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks... I actually just went home and looked at the setup sheet and I did sort of make a couple small changes from the gunsmoke setup. I am at 10 deg kickup, 0 deg anti squat. diffs are 7/100/3. I am going to try the 100k just cause it's already in there and take the 50k and 60k with me to the track. Just so I can try them all to feel the difference. I figured 100k was a little heavy tho.
I know in the back of my head this is just way too high but for my X-ray xb4 a team driver swears I need to be running 500k in the cd. I put it in just to try. He says they run 1,000,000 cst normally and 500k for blown out tracks. Has anyone ever run anything that thick before? I've never seen it done but it seemed like quite a few ppl on the xb4 thread run real thick fluids.
I started running 200K in mine when traction was up last year; then at the track layout change I left it at 200K with low traction and the buggy was still great. Only changed ackerman and springs. At 60K and 100K the buggy was controllable but sluggish and slow. Potentially, the 60K and O degree anti-squat may leave you pushing into turns with little chance of the buggy responding until you have blown through the turn....guess you'll have a chance to try it out and see how it goes...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.