Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy >

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Old 02-08-2016, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wittyname
So ... Just to clarify .... You ran the car for a whole season with no front end issues , then all of a sudden it stripped out ? The diff and bevel gear stripped ? what exactly was damaged ? Your going to shim it with smaller shims ? to get more "thread " in it ? what are you saying here , what threads ? How many times has this happened ? What do you think caused the damage ? If it lasted a year , and nothing ( NOTHING ? ) changed , and now your having problems then I assume you have a theory , share it with us so we know
My issue is where the ball stud inserts in to the top half of the gear box. These have been stripping for me non stop. The smallest crashes have been stripping them, getting one trip to the track and the ball stud has pulled out of by the end of the trip. And the last two times the crashes have not been anything that would concern you about breaking. The current layout at my track doesn't have a jump on it that is capable of breaking this car. I am thinking about trying all new ball studs as well, as I said I really don't want to ditch this car.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mvrk28
My issue is where the ball stud inserts in to the top half of the gear box. These have been stripping for me non stop. The smallest crashes have been stripping them, getting one trip to the track and the ball stud has pulled out of by the end of the trip. And the last two times the crashes have not been anything that would concern you about breaking. The current layout at my track doesn't have a jump on it that is capable of breaking this car. I am thinking about trying all new ball studs as well, as I said I really don't want to ditch this car.
Had no idea you were originally talking about ball studs stripping out ...

I have always run the longest ones that will fit the set up I want to run , and I actually use a little ca glue on the threads . Also, using a grub screw in the holes your not using will keep the plastic from deforming too .Im sure you will have this sorted out soon
Old 02-08-2016, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Just wondering if anybody is using another manufacturers shock shafts? Amain and Tower are out of stock of the front shafts. I haven't bent one yet cause I am just rebuilding the used one I bought but I read front shafts can be troublesome and wanted to get a couple just as back ups. What are other spares I would want to have on hand? I also saw the spur may strip easily? Is the exotek spur and alum mount plate a good fix for that issue?
Old 02-08-2016, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapjack
Just wondering if anybody is using another manufacturers shock shafts? Amain and Tower are out of stock of the front shafts. I haven't bent one yet cause I am just rebuilding the used one I bought but I read front shafts can be troublesome and wanted to get a couple just as back ups. What are other spares I would want to have on hand? I also saw the spur may strip easily? Is the exotek spur and alum mount plate a good fix for that issue?
stormerhobies has them in stock

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...l?pn=HOT113139
Old 02-08-2016, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skyline1015
Abosolute Hobbyz has them in stock too: http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/search...113139&search=
Old 02-08-2016, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Front shock shafts,m3x20 screws , shock standoffs, plastic shock kit,
Exotek spur/extra spur and that should be it
Old 02-08-2016, 04:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mvrk28
they make ballstuds with longer threads. sounds like u need them
Old 02-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Cool... Thanks for the info guys
Old 02-08-2016, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by boggiii
Front shock shafts,m3x20 screws , shock standoffs, plastic shock kit,
Exotek spur/extra spur and that should be it

Will the exotek spur work with the stock mounting plate or should I get the whole exotek unit with the aluminum mounting plate?
I also had a question about shock Pistons. Seems like everyone runs the 1.7 2 holes in the rear and 1.6 in front. I was looking at the vrp piston and they say the 1.6 is for high grip. I am going to run 1.7 rear but does anyone run 3 hole 1.4 or 1.3? My tracks are low grip, medium at best.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Will the exotek spur work with the stock mounting plate or should I get the whole exotek unit with the aluminum mounting plate?
I also had a question about shock Pistons. Seems like everyone runs the 1.7 2 holes in the rear and 1.6 in front. I was looking at the vrp piston and they say the 1.6 is for high grip. I am going to run 1.7 rear but does anyone run 3 hole 1.4 or 1.3? My tracks are low grip, medium at best.
Yes the exotek spur is the same size as the stock spur. The aluminum diff cap does work as a heatsink to help remove heat from the center diff / motor plate which is nice. Other than that there is no real benefit to the exotek center diff mount other than it looks nice. I do wish exotek offered black for the D413 parts it would be a great option Mike !!

More good parts to get would be front arms, rear arms, hingepin set (I have bent 3 fronts so far), Front shock tower mount braces I think most people quit breaking must have been some sort of silent revision but I have 2 just in case. Also keep 1 Rear shock tower mount, Front and rear shock shafts, few spare sets of traxxas x-rings for the shocks, front diff case, Rear hubs I got T-Boned and one broke so I ordered 2 sets (Exotek will be releasing aluminum ones soon I hope), Spare set of bearings and possibly front/rear shafts/axles if you want to spend the money, I also keep 1-2 extra spur gears for the exotek setup.

It really depends how hardcore you are going to race and how bad of a day its going to be when you cant finish.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've used Kyosho shafts in a pinch. I forgot the exact length I bought but it was just to get through the night
Old 02-09-2016, 06:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwood7
they make ballstuds with longer threads. sounds like u need them
I've had this issue on mine. Ended up going with longer AE ballstuds (because I'm running AE Cups).
Old 02-10-2016, 04:39 AM
Tech Rookie

I run stock 13.5 class, on an medium sized indoor track high grip dirt, with a long straight into sweeper. I am looking at buying a schelle+4. Should I buy carbon or aluminum or is the stock chassis better?

Last edited by Sotien; 02-10-2016 at 04:50 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sotien
I run stock 13.5 class, on an medium sized indoor track high grip dirt, with a long straight into sweeper. I am looking at buying a schelle+4. Should I buy carbon or aluminum or is the stock chassis better?
Personally, I'd go CF as I've seen way too many aluminum chassis bend. Perma tweak is bad!
Old 02-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Breaking front shock towers?

Anyone else break the front plastic shock tower?
I think I have a solution, PM me as I am not sure it I can advertise on the Forum.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.