R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree29Likes

Old 12-30-2015, 11:40 AM   #10321
Tech Adept

Got the exotek bushings and mounted them on but they are realy tight. Had to force them in, took them out again and used some hudy graphite grease. Got a little bit better but there is still to much resistance. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 12-30-2015, 11:46 AM   #10322
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggiii View Post
Got the exotek bushings and mounted them on but they are realy tight. Had to force them in, took them out again and used some hudy graphite grease. Got a little bit better but there is still to much resistance. Anyone else having this problem?
If you back off the screws does it solve the problem? What about using bearing oil instead of grease? I have a little trick but to some it might not make sense. Aluminum or plastic caster blocks?
Old 12-30-2015, 11:46 AM   #10323
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
I noticed they were a little tight but after the first 2 runs they were free and haven't developed slop yet.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:42 PM   #10324
Tech Master

Send a message via Skype™ to 13Maschine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironzgti35 View Post
I noticed they were a little tight but after the first 2 runs they were free and haven't developed slop yet.
I've been running the Exotek bushings for quite a while and although they are tight when you first install they seem to have broken in nicely. I still have zero slop. As long as you don't have binding you should be good. Make sure you don't over tighten any of the suspension screws.
13Maschine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:54 PM   #10325
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
If you back off the screws does it solve the problem? What about using bearing oil instead of grease? I have a little trick but to some it might not make sense. Aluminum or plastic caster blocks?
I have alu castor blocks but I am waiting for the 15 castor blocks and ackerman 6 plate.
I dont see how i can over tighten those 2 screws as its the steering block that rotates on the bushings and the bushings are longer then the steering block. They are not over tighten btw:-)
But i am interested in your "senseless" trick ;-)
Old 12-30-2015, 03:31 PM   #10326
Tech Addict

Quote:
I have alu castor blocks but I am waiting for the 15 castor blocks and ackerman 6 plate.
I dont see how i can over tighten those 2 screws as its the steering block that rotates on the bushings and the bushings are longer then the steering block. They are not over tighten btw:-)
But i am interested in your "senseless" trick ;-)

LOL, i fully agree with you it does not make sense that they can be over tightened. I use the aluminum ones too, and if I backed off the screw just a hair it frees it up. I just use loctite, and put screws in just before hub gets stiff and works great for me. screws never come out and hub is nice and free with 0 slop. Works on plastic blocks too.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:12 PM   #10327
Tech Adept

Quote:
LOL, i fully agree with you it does not make sense that they can be over tightened. I use the aluminum ones too, and if I backed off the screw just a hair it frees it up. I just use loctite, and put screws in just before hub gets stiff and works great for me. screws never come out and hub is nice and free with 0 slop. Works on plastic blocks too.
And you are sure that the bushings dont rotate on the screws when backed off a bit?
Will give it a try when i get back home👍
Thanks✌
Old 12-30-2015, 05:29 PM   #10328
Tech Addict

Quote:
And you are sure that the bushings dont rotate on the screws when backed off a bit?
Will give it a try when i get back home👍
Thanks✌

Im not sure it just works. Loctite seems to lock the screw to the bushing so bushing is turning not screw. To remove screws from bushing kind of a pain ,little extra work gets them out.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:52 AM   #10329
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default My first wheeler

New to this forum. Down 180 pages 1000 more to go😵
Very helpful and informative.
I decided to go with Ty's 2015 set up so I decided to drill my own blank Pistons.
2x1.6 in front
2x1.7 in rear
Did I do it right? Thanks for the help👍🏽
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-image.jpg  
Tekno NB48.4/ Alpha Dragon III
HB D413/tekin rsx/gen3 6.5
lala4fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:57 AM   #10330
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala4fire View Post
New to this forum. Down 180 pages 1000 more to go😵
Very helpful and informative.
I decided to go with Ty's 2015 set up so I decided to drill my own blank Pistons.
2x1.6 in front
2x1.7 in rear
Did I do it right? Thanks for the help👍🏽
Yes.
24mm stroke front shock shafts
32mm stroke rear shock shafts
22mm ride height front/rear
uncle everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 02:39 PM   #10331
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anybody not like the Exotek bushings ? Putting in my second exotek order wondering if I shouldn't do them and do the Xray bushings instead ? I have heard of them not fitting for some others as well.
Jason84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 06:03 PM   #10332
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I run at LRH on tuesday nights, I run 7/100/3 and a ghost slick seems to be the hot ticket for me on tires. Here is my new simple clean white look for 2016. See ya there. Just finished her last night.
Very clean! What shock bushings are those in the front? Also is that the Avid chassis ? How does it compare to the carbon?
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:35 PM   #10333
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
Very clean! What shock bushings are those in the front? Also is that the Avid chassis ? How does it compare to the carbon?

Thank you. There from my mbx7r, there a perfect fix but take all play out which could cause bent shock shafts in a crash verses just bent screws on top. Yes it's the avid chassis with no weights Added.chassis weight was enough coming from CF. I know most say carbon for clay, aluminum for carpet, but I'd say chassis was nice improvement on the high traction clay I drive on.

Are you that really nice guy from riverside who gave me front hubs for my RB6 two weeks ago?

Last edited by nitro2be; 12-31-2015 at 08:50 PM.
nitro2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:21 AM   #10334
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Thank you. There from my mbx7r, there a perfect fix but take all play out which could cause bent shock shafts in a crash verses just bent screws on top. Yes it's the avid chassis with no weights Added.chassis weight was enough coming from CF. I know most say carbon for clay, aluminum for carpet, but I'd say chassis was nice improvement on the high traction clay I drive on.

Are you that really nice guy from riverside who gave me front hubs for my RB6 two weeks ago?
Thanks for the info. No I am not he, But I have met you before at IERC before it closed. I have been going to LRH as well but not for a couple of weeks. I am signed up to race Saturday. If you are there I will stop by.
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 08:50 AM   #10335
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
Thanks for the info. No I am not he, But I have met you before at IERC before it closed. I have been going to LRH as well but not for a couple of weeks. I am signed up to race Saturday. If you are there I will stop by.
now your up to 77 posts in 16 years. I won't be at track for couple weeks either due to my father having surgery this week. look forward to seeing you some time. Good luck racing