R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree31Likes

Old 12-16-2015, 07:03 AM   #10276
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Maschine View Post
If I may take a small poll in the thread here of who is running a longer chassis and which one? I'm leaning towards the graphite chassis to keep the weight to a minimum.

Thanks in advance!
I'm running the carbon stretch chassis and the car is very stable. Works great on med bite clay.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:05 AM   #10277
Tech Elite

Are there any alternatives to the stock hinge pins? I've bent 2 with fairly light hits on the track. They seem really soft.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:25 AM   #10278
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to 13Maschine

As I go through my car a little deeper I have also noticed that if you are using rubber O rings inside the drive cups for the center drive shaft to keep it from bouncing around, it may cause the pinion gears to push deeper inside the front and rear transmission. With an Oring on each side of my center drive shafts they are very tight and I suspect this may be causing tighter alignment overall.
13Maschine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:12 PM   #10279
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Are there any alternatives to the stock hinge pins? I've bent 2 with fairly light hits on the track. They seem really soft.
I am 99% sure Lunsford made some and I just looked at the website to link them and they are not on anymore. I think they were pretty pricey though around $80-$90 for a set. Maybe send him an email.

Has anybody tried M3x20 titanium screws in the hingepin / Arm carriers ? I just replaced them and changing some stuff on my setup tonight and the screws are bent and I didn't even have any crashes ??
Jason84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:12 PM   #10280
Tech Master

I don't suggest using Titanium in the hinge pin carriers. These are designed to bend on impact and save the car from DNF. They are cheap and easy to replace when bent. Titanium is a bit expensive and I have a feeling it may cause something else to break or perhaps create a catastrophic failure instead of just a bent screw and still finishing the race.

I agree they do end up bent fairly often in my experience so far. It seems fairly easy to do...
Old 12-16-2015, 11:39 PM   #10281
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason84 View Post
I am 99% sure Lunsford made some and I just looked at the website to link them and they are not on anymore. I think they were pretty pricey though around $80-$90 for a set. Maybe send him an email.

Has anybody tried M3x20 titanium screws in the hingepin / Arm carriers ? I just replaced them and changing some stuff on my setup tonight and the screws are bent and I didn't even have any crashes ??
I built my kit with ti screws there and the front ones were bent after the first race day. All 4 of them. I replaced them with protek high strength screws and haven't bent one yet.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:45 AM   #10282
Tech Master

What does everyone like these days for diff O rings ? Stock or aftermarket? Planning to rebuild soon.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:18 AM   #10283
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Maschine View Post
What does everyone like these days for diff O rings ? Stock or aftermarket? Planning to rebuild soon.
I've been running the ones that came with car for over 1 year now. Never had a reason to change them. They don't leak.
Vinny Cancilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:45 AM   #10284
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I've been using the Traxxas blue x-rings since I got the car. Very smooth and no leaks.
Rick S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 12:49 PM   #10285
Tech Master

Over the Holiday break , I am going to switch my layout over to saddle packs on a stretched chassis to run on a med sized indoor clay track. It gets grippy , but the other saddle pack cars seem to do really well so I want to see how it works for me . Any others out there ? Insights ?

Don't forget ... Have fun , talk sh*$ with your buddies, and have fun.

I race so I can have people flip my car over ....
wittyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:44 PM   #10286
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
I built my kit with ti screws there and the front ones were bent after the first race day. All 4 of them. I replaced them with protek high strength screws and haven't bent one yet.
Ive given up on ti screws, I also use the protek screws and bend one each time at track for hours. Never bending one would be a dream of mine to never hit even a pipe.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:09 PM   #10287
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skrichter

For anyone who is running the Avid or Schelle aluminum chassis, this is a pretty good setup!

The added chassis weight needs stiffer dampening than most setups.

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/hotbod...Track20150110/
Old 12-17-2015, 07:08 PM   #10288
Tech Addict

Does anyone have trouble with front flipping under hard braking and high traction. I have to adjust my braking style and transmitter . I wish there was a way to adjust brake bias front and rear. Any solutions or car adjustments
Old 12-18-2015, 05:31 AM   #10289
Tech Champion

Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
Does anyone have trouble with front flipping under hard braking and high traction. I have to adjust my braking style and transmitter . I wish there was a way to adjust brake bias front and rear. Any solutions or car adjustments
Try limiting your droop by putting spacers in the shocks. Maybe 4 to 6 mm depending on your ride height.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:39 AM   #10290
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
Reduce front kick up. Try 3 in FF and 1 in FR. That will reduce weight transfer under braking.
rcgod is offline   Reply With Quote