R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree29Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2015, 03:36 PM   #10231
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1
Default D413 roar width

I was curious and sure it's been anwsered.
I run a d413 and use jconcepts mono 22-4 rims.
I have a roar regional coming up and not sure if the widths legal any help?
Atxvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 04:12 PM   #10232
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atxvision View Post
I was curious and sure it's been anwsered.
I run a d413 and use jconcepts mono 22-4 rims.
I have a roar regional coming up and not sure if the widths legal any help?
Look it up and measure your car.

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/..._Rule_Book.pdf
Homer723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:11 AM   #10233
Tech Rookie
 
Shogren65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9
Default

Hey guys just got around to messing with the car. I installed an exotek spur kit and seems like it is slightly out of round. I ordered a second spur as a spare and installed that one and it seems out too. built another diff with the stock spur and its perfect. Any one else see this before? This was an original order right when they came out last year.
Shogren65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:58 AM   #10234
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 24
Default

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


First race with the D413. Outdoor wet track, box setup.

Last edited by 16right; 12-07-2015 at 11:12 AM.
16right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:10 PM   #10235
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 59
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hb

Just picked up the buggy over the weekend. Was wondering if you guys could tell me if any upgrades are a must? I'll be running on high bite clay and doing some carpet racing. Thanks for your help
Austin1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:38 PM   #10236
Team Tekin
 
yzracer758's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tekin HQ
Posts: 3,026
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin1031 View Post
Just picked up the buggy over the weekend. Was wondering if you guys could tell me if any upgrades are a must? I'll be running on high bite clay and doing some carpet racing. Thanks for your help
Carbon arm inserts and Aluminum Shock caps are not "must have's" but will help..
__________________
Tekin, Inc. | XRAY | RC America | Hudy | Protek RC | Exotek Racing | Factory-RC Products | Proline Racing | Avid RC | Vision Racing Products | Paint By Smiley | SOR Graphics | Carolina Custom Anodizing
Jeremy Potter
Tekin C.S. Manager
yzracer758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:24 PM   #10237
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 176
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Also the exotek center diff cap / spur combo is nice to have along with the steering rack and bushings.
Jason84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:31 PM   #10238
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 46
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

New freshie for the reedy race.....



iiweeldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:11 PM   #10239
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: wellington, Ohio
Posts: 110
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogren65 View Post
Hey guys just got around to messing with the car. I installed an exotek spur kit and seems like it is slightly out of round. I ordered a second spur as a spare and installed that one and it seems out too. built another diff with the stock spur and its perfect. Any one else see this before? This was an original order right when they came out last year.
Bought the same kit, I plan on installing it tomorrow. Will let you know.
Riflebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:20 PM   #10240
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 176
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

You probably don't have the diff cap flat on the diff.
Jason84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:08 PM   #10241
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wixom, MI
Posts: 105
Default



Credit given to whomever suggested this, took all the slop out of my steering. Car seems more predictable now.
Chad_R40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:06 PM   #10242
Tech Addict
 
nitro2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Corona CA.
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiweeldman View Post
New freshie for the reedy race.....



oh so nice, I'm due for a new kit soon. I'm curious on the insert piece on front tower. You make that, buy it, and is it for extra support or aero?
__________________
Hb D413 Orion 5.5, associated rc12r5.2 4T LRP .Lucky Easy E..
nitro2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 05:56 AM   #10243
Tech Fanatic
 
ironzgti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Yardley, PA
Posts: 924
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

That piece is a brace for the front tower. Made out of Portugal by a company names Warny.
__________________
HB Racing Proline Sweep Racing USA - PT RC Racing Oils
ironzgti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:48 AM   #10244
Tech Adept
 
Lexicus's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 102
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironzgti35 View Post
That piece is a brace for the front tower. Made out of Portugal by a company names Warny.
I was wondering the same thing too. Seems like in the back it would give you a little extra down force. Not sure about the front thou?
Lexicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:16 AM   #10245
Tech Adept
 
RENOV8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: London Ontario Canada
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicus View Post
I was wondering the same thing too. Seems like in the back it would give you a little extra down force. Not sure about the front thou?
I don't think it's for aerodynamics, it's for extra strength/rigidity
RENOV8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:13 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net