Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree42Likes

Old 11-02-2015, 09:00 PM   #10096
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
Why is that people sell these for more than they cost? I think that you can get one for $350-360 w/coupon at Tower. I'm considering buying one. What makes them so much better than anything else? I for one run outdoors and would buy the aluminum chassis because CF would get pretty torn up after a a single battery pack. I'm also curious to see how these do with the Schelle chassis.

If you are running on a track that's gonna ruin a cf chassis after one pack I don't think the aluminum chassis is gonna fare much better. Really all you need is a food chassis protector. I've ran some very abrasive tracks and my chassis doesn't look worn at all. And honestly it's probably gonna drive a bit better with the cf chassis out doors
XB4 2017
savageboy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:40 AM   #10097
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone tried the MIP roller driveshafts yet?
Homer723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:47 PM   #10098
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skrichter

I know this might sound like a noob question, but which direction are the aluminum arm mounts supposed to point?

In the manual, the 3dot blocks have the downward "slope" pointing towards the rear. But in the rear of the car the 3dot blocks have the downward 'slope' pointing towards the front.

I didn't see a tutorial anywhere. Could someone please explain?

Thx!
Old 11-03-2015, 02:04 PM   #10099
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nv529

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrichter View Post
I know this might sound like a noob question, but which direction are the aluminum arm mounts supposed to point?

In the manual, the 3dot blocks have the downward "slope" pointing towards the rear. But in the rear of the car the 3dot blocks have the downward 'slope' pointing towards the front.

I didn't see a tutorial anywhere. Could someone please explain?

Thx!
The blocks should be mounted as shown in this pic.

Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-untitled.jpg  
Old 11-04-2015, 07:12 AM   #10100
Tech Elite

Hi Folks

I started building my newly purchased D413.

I'll be running it on carpet and polished wood with minipins on tight, technical tracks. Shorty battery.

What would you guys recommend? front-mounted or rear-mounted motor?

thanks,
Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:34 PM   #10101
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The schnelle aluminum stretch chassis out of stock everywhere, Is it discontinued ? I finally need a new chassis
Old 11-04-2015, 08:41 PM   #10102
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Hi Folks

I started building my newly purchased D413.

I'll be running it on carpet and polished wood with minipins on tight, technical tracks. Shorty battery.

What would you guys recommend? front-mounted or rear-mounted motor?

thanks,
Paul
If it was me needing a carpet setup, I'd copy rennofalk, world's car . D413 rennofalk, under the hood photos neobuggy. .
Front mount
Old 11-05-2015, 12:57 PM   #10103
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
If it was me needing a carpet setup, I'd copy rennofalk, world's car . D413 rennofalk, under the hood photos neobuggy. .
Front mount
except the worlds layout was a fast track, ronnefalk had a lenghtened chassis, and can wheel a car - at least three key difference vs. my forthcoming race I'm not saying it won't work, i'm saying the benchmark might not be the right one

Anyone else?

thanks!
Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:50 PM   #10104
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
Front mount
I run just indoors with this buggy. I would put it infront. The weight bias is a little much on the rear on stock. We run on EOS carpet where grip is insane. And most important thing to do is the chassis. Either Avid or Schelle+4 aluminium or the Red workshop +4. Next the ARBs 1.8mm to 2.0mm. Springs gold front red rear. Currently trying Yokomo Watabe sets. Green front orange back.

Waiting for the slipper but with gears in the middle at least 300.000 oil up to a million. Were using UR oils because easily available in high grades. Start with (Rear) three dot rear one dot front and (Front) one dot both.
Exotek steering brace gives little more precision the stock flexes too much.
nanoverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:32 AM   #10105
Tech Adept

Anyone now what sway bars that fit this kit? Looking for 1.8mm front and rear. I see that some people have yokomo 1.8 but i cant find the part number or the part anywhere.

Also ive been breaking front shock shafts a couple off times. I have the exotek spring retainers..will it help to use the original plastic ones?

Last edited by boggiii; 11-06-2015 at 02:47 AM.
boggiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:43 AM   #10106
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoverse View Post
I run just indoors with this buggy. I would put it infront. The weight bias is a little much on the rear on stock. We run on EOS carpet where grip is insane. And most important thing to do is the chassis. Either Avid or Schelle+4 aluminium or the Red workshop +4. Next the ARBs 1.8mm to 2.0mm. Springs gold front red rear. Currently trying Yokomo Watabe sets. Green front orange back.

Waiting for the slipper but with gears in the middle at least 300.000 oil up to a million. Were using UR oils because easily available in high grades. Start with (Rear) three dot rear one dot front and (Front) one dot both.
Exotek steering brace gives little more precision the stock flexes too much.
Thanks, useful. I have picked up a barely used AVID chassis for cheap, std length though. My carpet's traction isn't that insane, but I could still prolly use the xtended chassis, which I don't have. The exotek link and xray inserts I have already, ready to be installed.

What are your findings on yatabe springs vs HB ones - beyond the obvious rate delta

Thanks!
Paul

Old 11-06-2015, 02:17 PM   #10107
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Thanks, useful. I have picked up a barely used AVID chassis for cheap, std length though. My carpet's traction isn't that insane, but I could still prolly use the xtended chassis, which I don't have. The exotek link and xray inserts I have already, ready to be installed.

What are your findings on yatabe springs vs HB ones - beyond the obvious rate delta

Thanks!
Paul
Testing olis and few pistons but Yok springs are somewhat short. They seem good though on the long sweep after the straight. Trying also stiffer ones.
nanoverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:06 PM   #10108
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Starting to build my kit purchased some lunsford turnbuckles and just noticed this when I went to thread it on.... This really sucks was hoping to get it done this weekend.
(far left one)
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-img_2218.jpg  
Jason84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 09:53 AM   #10109
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Diesel View Post
Greetings and thanks for the advice. I have a sneaking suspicion that you may know a thing or two about setting up for Astro : )

I am running Schumacher yellow mini pins on all fours. Please let me know about the schelle +4 alloy chassis. I may consider that as well. Also thank you for the tips above. Cheers!
+4 Alloy Schelle is looking like a good upgrade for Astro tracks. Admittedly wasn't the best grip as it had rained the day before but weight transfer/pitching front to rear was much less. Car flew better over the large high speed tabletop too. I saw that Schelle had them back in stock the other day too. Will post back when I've had the opportunity to run on a higher grip track.

Is your Astro track sandy or is it just the Astro laid like carpet? (In the UK, a lot of Astro tracks use sand to make the Astro heavy and to secure them to the ground)

If you check out the EOS site on RedRC, you can see what drivers have to do to front minipins to make them work on carpet (which will be similar grip levels to dry astro)...

I would suggest trying different tyres. Either the Stagger rib fronts (you can use the 4wd cut staggers as per the worlds but you might need to trim them or try uncut 2wd staggers, just trim the inside of the wheel so they fit properly) with the minipins or you could try Schumacher Yellow Mini Spike Rears. In the UK, its not uncommon to run with either stagger ribs again or with 2wd mini spike fronts. You lose a little drive with the narrower tyres but not a lot. On high grip astro, 4wd mini spike is not commonly used in the UK now.

I've not tried with front mounted motor yet, this will be one to try in the future.

Hope this helps
TobyStephenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 09:54 AM   #10110
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoverse View Post
Testing olis and few pistons but Yok springs are somewhat short. They seem good though on the long sweep after the straight. Trying also stiffer ones.
Have you tried AE springs?
TobyStephenson is offline   Reply With Quote