R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree35Likes

Old 10-30-2015, 12:51 AM   #10081
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I race outdoors on a rough 1/8 track and my carbon chassis has held up well. I did put the Avid protector on it after a few runs though.
R1Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:33 AM   #10082
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Questions. For u guys.... what does a guys have to do, to Post on the buy or trade thread , around here
trojanjoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:35 AM   #10083
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
Why is that people sell these for more than they cost? I think that you can get one for $350-360 w/coupon at Tower. I'm considering buying one. What makes them so much better than anything else? I for one run outdoors and would buy the aluminum chassis because CF would get pretty torn up after a a single battery pack. I'm also curious to see how these do with the Schelle chassis.
What has made the car more enjoyable for me is the reliability. I have finished all but one race with this car , which I cannot say for the other 4 wheelers I have owned. I like the shock towers , and I really like the way the arms are attached to the bulkheads. The screw arrangement he came up with is pretty strong , adjustable , and pretty quick to work on . I like the arms too , really strong so far. I have slop in my rear arms finally , but I bought the car used and have no idea how much time is really on them. I have the shorty config on the car , and run it on a small clay track with a 5.5 on wed nights . Every other time I run the car , its on a large outdoor 1/8 track and I change nothing but tires and add timing to the esc. The parts are cheap in my opinion, and I am impressed with the fit and finish of most of the car. I have a chassis skin on the car and have no issues outdoors with the carbon and its a abrasive track.

What I don't like is a short list ....

I hate the stock body , the stock spur gear, the stock shock caps, and motor mount. The slop in the car actually doesn't bother me , but it sure makes others think you bought a pos. Which is funny because the 1/8 losi's are sloppy and people think they are gold ... go figure.

Don't forget ... Have fun , talk sh*$ with your buddies, and have fun.

I race so I can have people flip my car over ....
wittyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:44 AM   #10084
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

^^ What he said!
nrm1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:56 AM   #10085
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrm1977 View Post
^^ What he said!
+1 except im still on original spur.

Last edited by nitro2be; 10-30-2015 at 03:55 PM.
nitro2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:05 PM   #10086
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanjoe1 View Post
Questions. For u guys.... what does a guys have to do, to Post on the buy or trade thread , around here
The first section of the For Sale Rules should answer your questions. It's one of the stickies at the top of that forum.

For Sale and Trade Forum Rules, Guidlines and Restrictions..updated 11/11/14
Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:26 PM   #10087
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Anyone notice how notchy the center diff is compared to the front and rear?
Old 10-30-2015, 07:13 PM   #10088
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
The first section of the For Sale Rules should answer your questions. It's one of the stickies at the top of that forum.

For Sale and Trade Forum Rules, Guidlines and Restrictions..updated 11/11/14
Thx alot
trojanjoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 01:30 PM   #10089
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I run on a carpet track and this past weekend we had our Halloween Havoc race. I haven't got much time on the carpet as I would have like to have had. My wheeler has pretty much the Tessman setup on it except for a couple of different tweaks for the track. I noticed that it wants to 3 wheel bad! All the time! and I am constantly fight it. My question is would it be better to get the new HB +6mm carbon chassis with the thicker top decks? Or would it be better to get an aluminum chassis? Like the + 4 Schelle, or Avid? And would changing the chassis help slow down the weight transfer? Please and thank you for any advice!
RacingCraze21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 03:07 PM   #10090
Tech Adept

I lost a shock collar. Does anyone know if another brand of collar will fit? I can't find a hot bodies collar for sale without having to buy the whole shock package. Thanks.
Nevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 04:06 PM   #10091
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingCraze21 View Post
I run on a carpet track and this past weekend we had our Halloween Havoc race. I haven't got much time on the carpet as I would have like to have had. My wheeler has pretty much the Tessman setup on it except for a couple of different tweaks for the track. I noticed that it wants to 3 wheel bad! All the time! and I am constantly fight it. My question is would it be better to get the new HB +6mm carbon chassis with the thicker top decks? Or would it be better to get an aluminum chassis? Like the + 4 Schelle, or Avid? And would changing the chassis help slow down the weight transfer? Please and thank you for any advice!
Schelle also makes a +4 carbon chassis.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:34 AM   #10092
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingCraze21 View Post
I understand a longer stiffer chassis is best on carpet, but the 3 wheel problem your having might be due to sway bars not having enough play. Move collars in more and make sure free to move under full compression.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:52 AM   #10093
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENOV8R View Post
Exotek Part # 1535

Xray Part # XRA362290

These bushings also replace the bushings in the front hub carriers
Thanks for this info RENOV8R!!! The parts came in and I can't believe how this improved the steering linkage! Along with the Exotek steering rack I am just tickled to bits how much slop was removed.
Vincent_Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #10094
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am going to be buying some de wheels for my buggy, what wheel hex's do I need to get?
masin14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:27 PM   #10095
Tech Adept

Get the DE wheels for the 22-4 and use the stock hex. Same offset as stock wheels