R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree28Likes

Old 08-27-2015, 03:38 PM   #9781
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Got a chance to run this today for the first time at SRS. It's been a little bit since i ran a 1/10 scale and it's my 1st time with a 1/10 4wd. Boy what a treat this car is! But one question i have is...What would cause the rear wheel to come off the ground in a turn? I went with Ty's 2014 nationals set up with the exception of pistons and springs. I used the box stock springs and the 1.4 pistons front and rear.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-dsc_6173.jpg   Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-dsc_6174.jpg  
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:40 PM   #9782
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett C View Post
Got a chance to run this today for the first time at SRS. It's been a little bit since i ran a 1/10 scale and it's my 1st time with a 1/10 4wd. Boy what a treat this car is! But one question i have is...What would cause the rear wheel to come off the ground in a turn? I went with Ty's 2014 nationals set up with the exception of pistons and springs. I used the box stock springs and the 1.4 pistons front and rear.
Most people are running the schelle chassis to fix this issue.
skyline1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:42 PM   #9783
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Hmm less droop, or thicker sway bars could work. I don't run allot of ride height in mine, and i have the shock ends screwed all the way in to reduce droop.
Apexracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:45 PM   #9784

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I don't necessarily feel that lifting that rear wheel is the end of the world. If you are losing control or your lap times are suffering then I could see it. To me, the situations where the wheel lifts are when the majority of your weight is on the front. You can't even tell that the wheel lifts other than visually. Maybe that's just me.
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:53 PM   #9785
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds81175 View Post
I don't necessarily feel that lifting that rear wheel is the end of the world. If you are losing control or your lap times are suffering then I could see it. To me, the situations where the wheel lifts are when the majority of your weight is on the front. You can't even tell that the wheel lifts other than visually. Maybe that's just me.
It didn't seem like it affected my driving nor did it cause me to lose control. My lap times were faster than they've ever been. Granted the 6.5 is bigger than i've ever used but, I my short time rc racing it's the first time i've seen it.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:57 PM   #9786
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
Hmm less droop, or thicker sway bars could work. I don't run allot of ride height in mine, and i have the shock ends screwed all the way in to reduce droop.
I'll give that a try. I think my ride height was 22mm f&r. Copper sway in front and black in rear.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:48 PM   #9787
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
is your rear sway bar able to move freely. Push down the car to bottom out and see if you can still slide bar side to side. Sounds to tight to me.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:10 PM   #9788
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
is your rear sway bar able to move freely. Push down the car to bottom out and see if you can still slide bar side to side. Sounds to tight to me.
No it does not. I have those collars tight against the shock tower/diff case. Should i move those collars in a few millimeters?
Old 08-27-2015, 10:47 PM   #9789
Tech Addict

Quote:
No it does not. I have those collars tight against the shock tower/diff case. Should i move those collars in a few millimeters?
yes. You understand , I have about a 1/4 gap between my collars same for front.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:45 PM   #9790
Tech Apprentice

Can someone tell me where the shims go on the front diff pinion ,does it goes in front of the bearing ? A pic will be helpful.

Thanks
Airride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:49 PM   #9791
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
yes. You understand , I have about a 1/4 gap between my collars same for front.
That was it! Thank you.

Can anyone tell me where to acquire shock ends for the 413. Or does another brand work? Only looking for ends, I don't really want to have to buy shock guards and spring retainers just to get the shock ends.

Last edited by Brett C; 08-28-2015 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:01 PM   #9792
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airride View Post
Can someone tell me where the shims go on the front diff pinion ,does it goes in front of the bearing ? A pic will be helpful.

Thanks
Lmao. I can't remember but I do remember guessing. I wanna say it does not make a difference. Put it where if it moves gear forward to ring gear.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:27 PM   #9793
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I cant seem to locate anywhere online where to buy the e-clips used on the bevel gears to lock the bearings in place. The book shows the same part number as the diff shims? Im confused as ive found the diff shims online but no where does it say it comes with those 2 e-clips as well. Anyone have insitght on this would be much appericated.
nrm1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:32 PM   #9794
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrm1977 View Post
I cant seem to locate anywhere online where to buy the e-clips used on the bevel gears to lock the bearings in place. The book shows the same part number as the diff shims? Im confused as ive found the diff shims online but no where does it say it comes with those 2 e-clips as well. Anyone have insitght on this would be much appericated.
There are 4 of those clips included with the shim set.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:51 AM   #9795
Tech Master

Send a message via Skype™ to 13Maschine
Default Ball cups?

Don't get me wrong this car is fricking awesome but I guess I'm too OCD to deal with the slop. So for now I've replaced most of the cups with Kyosho ball cups and I'm also using Lunsford Ti 4.8mm Ball Studs. I drilled the Kyosho cups so I can use a ball driver to remove the stud later. For now I have the stock off set ball cups on the outer part of the steering chain as I'm not sure what I can use to replace the stock offset version. Ideas and suggestions welcome! Thanks in advance.
13Maschine is offline   Reply With Quote