R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree28Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2015, 03:38 PM   #9781
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 135
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Got a chance to run this today for the first time at SRS. It's been a little bit since i ran a 1/10 scale and it's my 1st time with a 1/10 4wd. Boy what a treat this car is! But one question i have is...What would cause the rear wheel to come off the ground in a turn? I went with Ty's 2014 nationals set up with the exception of pistons and springs. I used the box stock springs and the 1.4 pistons front and rear.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-dsc_6173.jpg   Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-dsc_6174.jpg  
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:40 PM   #9782
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dirty Jersey
Posts: 3,692
Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett C View Post
Got a chance to run this today for the first time at SRS. It's been a little bit since i ran a 1/10 scale and it's my 1st time with a 1/10 4wd. Boy what a treat this car is! But one question i have is...What would cause the rear wheel to come off the ground in a turn? I went with Ty's 2014 nationals set up with the exception of pistons and springs. I used the box stock springs and the 1.4 pistons front and rear.
Most people are running the schelle chassis to fix this issue.
skyline1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:42 PM   #9783
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett C View Post
Got a chance to run this today for the first time at SRS. It's been a little bit since i ran a 1/10 scale and it's my 1st time with a 1/10 4wd. Boy what a treat this car is! But one question i have is...What would cause the rear wheel to come off the ground in a turn? I went with Ty's 2014 nationals set up with the exception of pistons and springs. I used the box stock springs and the 1.4 pistons front and rear.
Hmm less droop, or thicker sway bars could work. I don't run allot of ride height in mine, and i have the shock ends screwed all the way in to reduce droop.
Apexracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:45 PM   #9784
Moderator
 
bds81175's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Litchfield, Minnesota
Posts: 2,744
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

I don't necessarily feel that lifting that rear wheel is the end of the world. If you are losing control or your lap times are suffering then I could see it. To me, the situations where the wheel lifts are when the majority of your weight is on the front. You can't even tell that the wheel lifts other than visually. Maybe that's just me.
__________________
Current Racers: AE B6D, Tekno SCT410, Tekno EB48.3
Full Throttle R/C Raceway www.ftrcr.com, Psycho Dog Racing Team, Team Holy Rollers - Greatest RC race team on the planet. Well, at least the team with the best sponsor.
Tekno RC
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:53 PM   #9785
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 135
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds81175 View Post
I don't necessarily feel that lifting that rear wheel is the end of the world. If you are losing control or your lap times are suffering then I could see it. To me, the situations where the wheel lifts are when the majority of your weight is on the front. You can't even tell that the wheel lifts other than visually. Maybe that's just me.
It didn't seem like it affected my driving nor did it cause me to lose control. My lap times were faster than they've ever been. Granted the 6.5 is bigger than i've ever used but, I my short time rc racing it's the first time i've seen it.
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:57 PM   #9786
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 135
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
Hmm less droop, or thicker sway bars could work. I don't run allot of ride height in mine, and i have the shock ends screwed all the way in to reduce droop.
I'll give that a try. I think my ride height was 22mm f&r. Copper sway in front and black in rear.
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:48 PM   #9787
Tech Addict
 
nitro2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Corona CA.
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett C View Post
Got a chance to run this today for the first time at SRS. It's been a little bit since i ran a 1/10 scale and it's my 1st time with a 1/10 4wd. Boy what a treat this car is! But one question i have is...What would cause the rear wheel to come off the ground in a turn? I went with Ty's 2014 nationals set up with the exception of pistons and springs. I used the box stock springs and the 1.4 pistons front and rear.
is your rear sway bar able to move freely. Push down the car to bottom out and see if you can still slide bar side to side. Sounds to tight to me.
__________________
Hb D413 Orion 5.5, associated rc12r5.2 4T LRP .Lucky Easy E..
nitro2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:10 PM   #9788
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 135
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
is your rear sway bar able to move freely. Push down the car to bottom out and see if you can still slide bar side to side. Sounds to tight to me.
No it does not. I have those collars tight against the shock tower/diff case. Should i move those collars in a few millimeters?
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:47 PM   #9789
Tech Addict
 
nitro2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Corona CA.
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett C View Post
No it does not. I have those collars tight against the shock tower/diff case. Should i move those collars in a few millimeters?
yes. You understand , I have about a 1/4 gap between my collars same for front.
__________________
Hb D413 Orion 5.5, associated rc12r5.2 4T LRP .Lucky Easy E..
nitro2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:45 PM   #9790
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 65
Default

Can someone tell me where the shims go on the front diff pinion ,does it goes in front of the bearing ? A pic will be helpful.

Thanks
Airride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:49 PM   #9791
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 135
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
yes. You understand , I have about a 1/4 gap between my collars same for front.
That was it! Thank you.

Can anyone tell me where to acquire shock ends for the 413. Or does another brand work? Only looking for ends, I don't really want to have to buy shock guards and spring retainers just to get the shock ends.

Last edited by Brett C; 08-28-2015 at 05:00 PM.
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:01 PM   #9792
Tech Addict
 
nitro2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Corona CA.
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airride View Post
Can someone tell me where the shims go on the front diff pinion ,does it goes in front of the bearing ? A pic will be helpful.

Thanks
Lmao. I can't remember but I do remember guessing. I wanna say it does not make a difference. Put it where if it moves gear forward to ring gear.
__________________
Hb D413 Orion 5.5, associated rc12r5.2 4T LRP .Lucky Easy E..
nitro2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:27 PM   #9793
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,043
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

I cant seem to locate anywhere online where to buy the e-clips used on the bevel gears to lock the bearings in place. The book shows the same part number as the diff shims? Im confused as ive found the diff shims online but no where does it say it comes with those 2 e-clips as well. Anyone have insitght on this would be much appericated.
nrm1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:32 PM   #9794
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In a VAN down by the RIVER
Posts: 747
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrm1977 View Post
I cant seem to locate anywhere online where to buy the e-clips used on the bevel gears to lock the bearings in place. The book shows the same part number as the diff shims? Im confused as ive found the diff shims online but no where does it say it comes with those 2 e-clips as well. Anyone have insitght on this would be much appericated.
There are 4 of those clips included with the shim set.
__________________
Sofa King Racing
Sofa King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:51 AM   #9795
Tech Master
 
13Maschine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,552
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to 13Maschine
Default Ball cups?

Don't get me wrong this car is fricking awesome but I guess I'm too OCD to deal with the slop. So for now I've replaced most of the cups with Kyosho ball cups and I'm also using Lunsford Ti 4.8mm Ball Studs. I drilled the Kyosho cups so I can use a ball driver to remove the stud later. For now I have the stock off set ball cups on the outer part of the steering chain as I'm not sure what I can use to replace the stock offset version. Ideas and suggestions welcome! Thanks in advance.
__________________
SoCal R/C Privateer, find me at either OCRC or SCVRC!
My JUNSI POWERED Rides: Xray XB2 CE, Hot Bodies D413, Kyosho RB6, HobbyWing Xerun 3.1, Futaba 4PX, Futaba and MKS Servos, Speed Passion Hirosaka and HW V10 Powerplants!
First car Kyosho Pegasus and RC10CE! More than 25 years Racing! Happy to lend a helping hand. Just ask! :)
13Maschine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:31 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net