Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brett C
I took the plunge and bought a kit with all the trimmings! Amain probably knows my address by heart this week. Looking through some of this thread from a year ago, i saw that spur gears were stripping. Is this still an issue or will the exoteck spur and mounting plate i ordered help this? Also, do people prefer specific brand of pinion gear for this car? I'll be running a 6.5 orion. I look forward to many days of fun with this car! I hope it helps my 1/8 nitro driving in the process
I think the spur issue was just a few guys not getting their mesh right, and blaming it on the spur. The Exotec is a nice product, just keep the stock one as a spare. And as for the pinion, I don't think brand makes a difference as long as it's hardened steel, not aluminum. (I find they wear VERY quickly.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

I'm sure anything would be better than the stock bushings. If anyone orders the XRay bushings, take note that you have to order 2, as they only come 2 to a pack. Speaking from experience LOL
Old 08-22-2015, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crazy Carl
Should had said it before I'm indoors. Still the same ?
Yes I run on an indoor clay track
Old 08-22-2015, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kenny lutz
Yes I run on an indoor clay track

I run both and leave same 7/100/3
Old 08-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

I took the plunge and bought a kit with all the trimmings! Amain probably knows my address by heart this week. Looking through some of this thread from a year ago, i saw that spur gears were stripping. Is this still an issue or will the exoteck spur and mounting plate i ordered help this? Also, do people prefer specific brand of pinion gear for this car? I'll be running a 6.5 orion. I look forward to many days of fun with this car! I hope it helps my 1/8 nitro driving in the process
Congrats in your buy, you will have lots of fun with your car. The spur stripping thing was never an issue by HB. I just took motor clamp screws with a bigger head for a 2.5mm tool and looked carefully on the Spur-pinion mesh and never had a problem. I raced my car for one year now and just 2 weeks ago i replace my Spur and pinion the first time just because both were worn.
I always use Hudy hard coated pinions and like them best over many others. I have the Exotek upgrade and for sure the mesh will be more exact with a machined Spur but when i replaced my old spur i took an HB again because i also read about the problems here and bought some spare Spur gears and want to use them before i put on the Exotek.
Hope this helps
Old 08-23-2015, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I had problems with the spur gears stripping, and I think I now know why. Ever since I have ran the grub screw that locks down on the mount that is secured to the motor (when I first built the kit I didn't know what it was for but now I understand why it's there), I have had no more problems with stripping spur gears. This must prevent the motor from moving when the chassis flexes.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey guys, quick question for ya. Going to put shock limiters in so I don't have so much droop, is there a kit or spacer kit I can buy for this? Or do I have the fun of just finding what fits and going with it?
Old 08-23-2015, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xxx-ntad2 racer
Hey guys, quick question for ya. Going to put shock limiters in so I don't have so much droop, is there a kit or spacer kit I can buy for this? Or do I have the fun of just finding what fits and going with it?
Any brand that uses a 3mm shock shaft limiters will fit. There were limiters in the kit I think. Check the manual. Associated will probably be the easiest to find.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

For 0 rebound, are you guys pushing the shafts all the way up before closing the caps/ bleeder, or just shy of full compression?
Old 08-23-2015, 12:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm picking up a few things as my local indoor track is opening soon. I was wondering if the Exotek spring perches were worth it? Mine would pop loose on occasion. Thanks!
Old 08-23-2015, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tom2tone
Hey guys, I'm picking up a few things as my local indoor track is opening soon. I was wondering if the Exotek spring perches were worth it? Mine would pop loose on occasion. Thanks!
Check that the slot in the stock perches are facing to the rear every time you drive it, and they shouldn't pop off very often. I've got the Exoteks, but they're more of a bling item IMO
Old 08-23-2015, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SeanKewley
For 0 rebound, are you guys pushing the shafts all the way up before closing the caps/ bleeder, or just shy of full compression?
Just shy for me
Old 08-23-2015, 03:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RENOV8R
Check that the slot in the stock perches are facing to the rear every time you drive it, and they shouldn't pop off very often. I've got the Exoteks, but they're more of a bling item IMO
He's correct. And if you do get the bling you can use a small zip tie to ensure you don't loose one. Or u can even drill a hole in the stock ones.Through the hole and around spring
Old 08-23-2015, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So im about to pull the trigger on a d413, however I have noticed quite few for sale here in the last few days, Is there new car coming out or some other reason? I would be coming from a schumacher k1 aero so curious as to what to expect in diving/handling differences would be.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RENOV8R
Originally Posted by nitro2be
He's correct. And if you do get the bling you can use a small zip tie to ensure you don't loose one. Or u can even drill a hole in the stock ones.Through the hole and around spring
Thanks guys! I'll give those a try and how do you use a zip tie? I've heard of the process but never tried it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.