Like Tree28Likes

Old 08-17-2015, 08:25 AM   #9691
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal View Post
SHOCK STYLES.
BLADDER VERSE EMULSION.

does anyone actually know what difference it all makes,
I see people stating "i tried it, its good" but no explanation.
I ask because i dont know, so any info would be great.
I guess emulsion, needs the shocks to be pumped up/down before each race to get the bubbles consistant in the shock, but how is it better?
You can find some scientific data regarding emulsion versus bladders here: Has some hard numbers to back up the testing as well.
RC Shock Dyno Test Results
SeanKewley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:03 AM   #9692
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiQ View Post
I checked from setup sheets "glued arms". So I taked some tireglue and filled all the empty space under the plate. Then I thought that does it actually mean that you just gently glue the plate into the arm and not fill it?
They are just talking about gluing the stiffener plates to the arms and then screwing them in also for less flexibility.

Serpent America/Desoto Racing, McFactory Motorsports, Team Trinity, Pro-Line/Protoform, Hobbywing North America/FalconSEKIDO, HRP Distributing, PTRC Racing, Ho B Max
Antimullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:08 AM   #9693
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan.J View Post
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. So the stock chassis is all that's needed indoors I take it. Any other upgrades that are truly needed or "nice" to have for this buggy? Allready has the alum. Serpent shock caps, but pretty much box stock other than that to my knowledge.
Get the exotek steering plate. It takes away most of the slip in the front end.

Also- I like to run servo savers but I don't like the stock one it wanders too much-doesn't always return to center. I'm going to use the large xray servo saver. It works very well in my 2w buggy with zero slop.

Also take a close look at the rear inner ball studs at full stuff. They can hit the mounting plate. To fix this you can add 2mm spacers to the mounting plate to raise it up and also 2mm to the ball studs to get back the stock geometry.

Serpent America/Desoto Racing, McFactory Motorsports, Team Trinity, Pro-Line/Protoform, Hobbywing North America/FalconSEKIDO, HRP Distributing, PTRC Racing, Ho B Max
Old 08-18-2015, 06:58 AM   #9694
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antimullet View Post
Get the exotek steering plate. It takes away most of the slip in the front end.

Also- I like to run servo savers but I don't like the stock one it wanders too much-doesn't always return to center. I'm going to use the large xray servo saver. It works very well in my 2w buggy with zero slop.

Also take a close look at the rear inner ball studs at full stuff. They can hit the mounting plate. To fix this you can add 2mm spacers to the mounting plate to raise it up and also 2mm to the ball studs to get back the stock geometry.
I've got to get the Exotek steering rack as well, the front end of my car has developed a good amount of slop. As for the servo saver i ended up using the stock one and cranking the nut down, but i might as well just use a regular servo arm.

As for the rear ball studs, does anyone notice a ill effect of them hitting on full compression? I could imagine it could toss the car around on off kilter landings, or really bumpy parts of the track. I think i might fix this issue first and see how it does at the track this weekend.
Apexracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:32 AM   #9695
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
I've got to get the Exotek steering rack as well, the front end of my car has developed a good amount of slop. As for the servo saver i ended up using the stock one and cranking the nut down, but i might as well just use a regular servo arm.

As for the rear ball studs, does anyone notice a ill effect of them hitting on full compression? I could imagine it could toss the car around on off kilter landings, or really bumpy parts of the track. I think i might fix this issue first and see how it does at the track this weekend.
What I notices is if you compress the a arm by hand to full stuff you can make the inner tierod pop off the ball stud which is why I raised the mount. A friend of mines was doing this as well on the track.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:45 AM   #9696
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
What I notices is if you compress the a arm by hand to full stuff you can make the inner tierod pop off the ball stud which is why I raised the mount. A friend of mines was doing this as well on the track.
I added another washer under each side and it seems to be much better. I won't bother raising the plate just yet. Thanks!
Apexracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:06 AM   #9697
Tech Initiate

Quote:
I'm going to use the large xray servo saver. It works very well in my 2w buggy with zero slop.
same problem here
is this the part# what ur talking about?
XRA352503
thx
cheers
Gertsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:36 PM   #9698
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I've been contemplating buying a D413. Looking at the used market it's amazing to me that people are asking $50-$75 off retail for a used D413. Is buying something used at that price a good value or is it better to spend a few extra bucks and buy new?
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:16 PM   #9699
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Depends on if it comes with any upgrades, spares or tires.
snwchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:21 PM   #9700
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett C View Post
I've been contemplating buying a D413. Looking at the used market it's amazing to me that people are asking $50-$75 off retail for a used D413. Is buying something used at that price a good value or is it better to spend a few extra bucks and buy new?
The lowest I see one sell for determines what I think they are worth . I have seen a few $225-$265 rollers come and go so they are out there if you aren't in a hurry . If you want one because you want a d413 go ahead and get a new one , but if you want a good deal on a used one it will take a while.

Don't forget ... Have fun , talk sh*$ with your buddies, and have fun.

I race so I can have people flip my car over ....
wittyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 01:51 PM   #9701
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertsch View Post
same problem here
is this the part# what ur talking about?
XRA352503
thx
cheers
Nope this one http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/xray-x-...372503/p219462

You can use that one xtra stiff, or the next one down stiff in terms of servo saver give.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:17 PM   #9702
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett C View Post
Building the kit from new was a very enjoyable experience for me. If you are someone that enjoys building kits, I would recommend buying the buggy as a kit. If you don't care about building, then I'm sure you'll find a reasonable deal on a used roller in the next few months.
SeanKewley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:28 PM   #9703
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanKewley View Post
Building the kit from new was a very enjoyable experience for me. If you are someone that enjoys building kits, I would recommend buying the buggy as a kit. If you don't care about building, then I'm sure you'll find a reasonable deal on a used roller in the next few months.
I do enjoy building and that is a big reason i would buy new. not to mention the knowledge of how this come apart for maintenance. I want to use the D413 as a training tool for 1/8 scale nitro. The amount of time i would spend using it makes me lean towards used. But i do like building it how i want it. But, new is probably the way to go?
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:19 PM   #9704
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Can someone link the traxxas xrings for the shocks? I'm having a hard time locating them. Thanks
nrm1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:34 PM   #9705
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrm1977 View Post
Can someone link the traxxas xrings for the shocks? I'm having a hard time locating them. Thanks
http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/traxxas...FQuQaQodxIADrQ
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote