R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree35Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2015, 04:09 PM   #9451
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 19
Default

He broke his center driveshaft input shaft and needs help. He's thinking of replacing the ring and pinion gears with ones from the b44. Does anyone know if they will fit?
Michael Deeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:11 PM   #9452
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 19
Default

Does anyone know if you can use piano wire to make sway bars for this car? Pease made new arms out of cutting boards.
Michael Deeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:51 PM   #9453
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 398
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Deeger View Post
Does anyone know if you can use piano wire to make sway bars for this car? Pease made new arms out of cutting boards.
Piano wire can be bent into most any shape, so yes if he has the spacial reasoning to figure out how the new sway bar needs to be shaped then it should be no problem. Also, that question has nothing to do with the D413 specifically.

Why are you asking all these questions for your friend, he's a big boy, he can ask himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Deeger View Post
He broke his center driveshaft input shaft and needs help. He's thinking of replacing the ring and pinion gears with ones from the b44. Does anyone know if they will fit?
Well, being that the B44 uses standard bearings and the D413 uses metric bearings, the B44 has center CVA's and the D413 has dog bones, and that literally none of the dimentions between the two cars would be the same, I would say no.

It could have been a manufacturing defect, but if your friend tries to use his D413 as a wrecking ball, then that is probably why the part broke. Even though the newest generation of 4wd buggies are more durable, if you continuously smash them off every solid object, they will break.

Look at the aftermath that SCT's have wrought.
Mantis Toboggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:12 PM   #9454
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 19
Default

You are wrong. Pease is breaking the shields off his bearings
Michael Deeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:17 PM   #9455
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 19
Default

Anyone know if you can pack the bearings with Crisco?
Michael Deeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:32 PM   #9456
Tech Elite
 
Hoese37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutchinson, MN
Posts: 3,819
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Deeger View Post
My name is Micahel Deeger and my friend Michael Pease bought one of these cars....what does he need to do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Deeger View Post
Michael pease broke his input shaft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Deeger View Post
He broke his center driveshaft input shaft and needs help. He's thinking of replacing the ring and pinion gears with ones from the b44. Does anyone know if they will fit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Deeger View Post
Does anyone know if you can use piano wire to make sway bars for this car? Pease made new arms out of cutting boards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Deeger View Post
You are wrong. Pease is breaking the shields off his bearings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Deeger View Post
Anyone know if you can pack the bearings with Crisco?
Trolling much? If you drive as good as you troll, I'm staying away from the pits.
__________________
Tekno R/C
FTR 510 Raceway
Team FTR
REX Engines USA
RW Mods
Hoese37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:33 PM   #9457
Tech Apprentice
 
SeanKewley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Hustisford, WI
Posts: 55
Default

I hear ambergris works better for packing bearings than crisco.
SeanKewley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:38 PM   #9458
Suspended
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ca
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to FGomez50
Default Seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Deeger View Post
Anyone know if you can pack the bearings with Crisco?


Are you being serious?
FGomez50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:37 PM   #9459
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 93
Default

LOL Yes i'm serious, i don't clean or bag my freaking tires. I've been racing for 21 years. I'll take a brush to them if they get cogged. But seriously you guys must love wasting your time. The only tires i take time to clean and put away are my foams for dirt oval. Other wise your basic rubber tire is going to do just fine left out.
Apexracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:41 PM   #9460
Tech Regular
 
moto67e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lakewood Cal.
Posts: 295
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
LOL Yes i'm serious, i don't clean or bag my freaking tires. I've been racing for 21 years. I'll take a brush to them if they get cogged. But seriously you guys must love wasting your time. The only tires i take time to clean and put away are my foams for dirt oval. Other wise your basic rubber tire is going to do just fine left out.
For indoor clay track racing, it makes a big difference. To each their own though. If what you do, works for you, that all that matters.
moto67e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:47 PM   #9461
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto67e View Post
For indoor clay track racing, it makes a big difference. To each their own though. If what you do, works for you, that all that matters.
I run off road out doors. On a big semi dusty clay track. But seriously i know some tracks are pretty wet and tires will clog pretty quickly and you might have to wash them out. But our track is usually dusty or loomy clay. Lots of grip with the right tires. But tires here really don't need to be washed. I race often enough to use up a super soft tire in a couple of seasons. So honestly i'm not worried about getting max life out of my tire.
Apexracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:52 PM   #9462
Tech Regular
 
moto67e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lakewood Cal.
Posts: 295
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
I run off road out doors. On a big semi dusty clay track. But seriously i know some tracks are pretty wet and tires will clog pretty quickly and you might have to wash them out. But our track is usually dusty or loomy clay. Lots of grip with the right tires. But tires here really don't need to be washed. I race often enough to use up a super soft tire in a couple of seasons. So honestly i'm not worried about getting max life out of my tire.
Totally understand. I race at OC/RC and we go through tires a lot faster, so we do what we can to maximize the life of them.
moto67e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:58 AM   #9463
Tech Master
 
snwchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,451
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
LOL Yes i'm serious, i don't clean or bag my freaking tires. I've been racing for 21 years. I'll take a brush to them if they get cogged. But seriously you guys must love wasting your time. The only tires i take time to clean and put away are my foams for dirt oval. Other wise your basic rubber tire is going to do just fine left out.
But seriously... how am I wasting my time by scrubbing my tires for the next round, LOL To each their own I guess.

On another note, I've been having a lot of fun racing this buggy outdoors on a couple 1/8 sized tracks. It's been handling the tracks
awesome and almost at times seems to be more fun driving outdoors then indoors. Although atleast with Indoors I only need one set of tires, LOL. Plus I didn't have to change much for running outdoors either.
snwchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:48 AM   #9464
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwchris View Post
But seriously... how am I wasting my time by scrubbing my tires for the next round, LOL To each their own I guess.

On another note, I've been having a lot of fun racing this buggy outdoors on a couple 1/8 sized tracks. It's been handling the tracks
awesome and almost at times seems to be more fun driving outdoors then indoors. Although atleast with Indoors I only need one set of tires, LOL. Plus I didn't have to change much for running outdoors either.
Because unless your treads getting clogged with clay, or you have lap times to prove its faster. I think its a waste. Any ways i run on a 1/8 sized track as well, and the d413 handles it very well. I run the j concepts flip outs and they grip extremely well outdoors. I'm running a fantom 10.5 with the premium motor, and a tekkie rs in blinky. I think i might try adding some boost this week and see how it handles it.
Apexracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:51 AM   #9465
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,944
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexracing View Post
Because unless your treads getting clogged with clay, or you have lap times to prove its faster. I think its a waste. Any ways i run on a 1/8 sized track as well, and the d413 handles it very well. I run the j concepts flip outs and they grip extremely well outdoors. I'm running a fantom 10.5 with the premium motor, and a tekkie rs in blinky. I think i might try adding some boost this week and see how it handles it.
We run slicks and if you don't clean them you just do donuts
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
jmonte23
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:12 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net