R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree35Likes

Old 05-13-2015, 06:03 AM   #9136
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What wheels and tires are people running on this beast? Anyone run the new 2.4 stuff from proline?
claytrackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:40 AM   #9137
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Besides using the HB wheels, most are using the 22-4 Fronts and 22 rears, since they are a little cheaper in price and direct fit on the hexes.

As for tires that really depends on your track or area. Best bet would be to visit your local track or tracks and see or ask what people like and what works.

The first page/post of thread has a lot of helpful information and tips as well.
snwchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:26 AM   #9138
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytrackstar View Post
What wheels and tires are people running on this beast? Anyone run the new 2.4 stuff from proline?
Ya I tried it, garbage. Doesn't stay glued. 2.2 stuff for me from now on.
mvrk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:51 AM   #9139
Tech Adept

Is this car really as durable as everybody seems to think? I'm excited about getting myself one of these guys if thats the case. I'm thinking that parts availability as of now shouldnt be that bad if the car is durable.... anyone know of a place on the west coast where i can walk in and get parts?
Old 05-13-2015, 09:03 AM   #9140
Tech Regular

Quote:
Is this car really as durable as everybody seems to think? I'm excited about getting myself one of these guys if thats the case. I'm thinking that parts availability as of now shouldnt be that bad if the car is durable.... anyone know of a place on the west coast where i can walk in and get parts?
You won't be able to walk in and get parts, eliminate that thought from your head ASAP.

What you are going to have to do is buy commonly broken parts ahead of time in case you have an issue. So to date I have broken 1 front shock shaft and one shock eyelet. I keep multiple spares in my pit bag (sorry fellas, I stalk to net for this stuff).

Off the bat I would say you should track down the following:

1. Front Shock Shafts
2. Front Shock Tower
3. Front Shock Tower Mount
4. Front A-Arms

If you want a car that you can walk in and buy parts for, get a B44.3. Keep in mind you will be walking in and buying parts frequently with that car.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:37 AM   #9141
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I haven't broken anything yet and I have had ALOT of spectacular crashes with mine. One mid air with a pole that caused a dent in the pole and the car shrugged it off.
SeanKewley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:44 AM   #9142
Tech Regular

Working on switching my indoor carpet setup over to outdoor. Looking for setup sheets for outdoor fast hard packed medium to low grip. Thanks.
turtle189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:46 AM   #9143
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle189 View Post
Working on switching my indoor carpet setup over to outdoor. Looking for setup sheets for outdoor fast hard packed medium to low grip. Thanks.
http://www.tytessman.com/setups/d413-setups.php
Old 05-13-2015, 09:47 AM   #9144
Tech Addict

Quote:
Hey guys, I'm local to southern California and was wondering if anyone knows who carries parts in the area for this car? I live in an apartment and its kinda sketchy to order parts over the mail...
Handle it hobbies in rancho Cucamonga even has the exotek stuff for it. ierc raceway has a few things in Loma linda San Bernardino . This car is so durable it's stupid.im starting to think it's more than my 8th scale mbx7 buggy.ive had since December and only broke one front shock shafts and original front tower. I drive it real hard and crash hard and everything else still 110% condition
nitro2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:49 AM   #9145
Tech Master

Last week on my first outdoor race I was still using TYs original Reedy setup, but using Red fronts and Gold Rears for springs and running 40wt Losi front and 35st Losi Rear. Car felt great and planted, but when it comes to outdoors tires play a big part again, so see what others in the area are running for outdoor tires and what people like.

For example I ran Electrons outdoors and they were so-so, but Chainlinks and Impacts worked way better for our track.
snwchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:14 AM   #9146
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
It's durable, for a 10th scale 4WD. From what I've seen the B44.3 is just as durable though, with the possible exception of the front arms.

Here are the spares I would suggest to get started. Just back order them from amain, tower, or both as soon as you get your kit.

M3 X 20mm flathead screws
Shock plastic parts set
Front shock shafts
Front shock tower mount
Hinge pin set
Spur gear (maybe)

Personally, I believe having the aluminum shock caps on the front is good insurance against a DNF. Best thing I've done to make my D413 more reliable. But others have no trouble with the stock pop on caps.
38.4 percent of RC tuning is 75 percent placebo effect
87.26 percent of statistics are just made up
iScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:10 PM   #9147
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwchris View Post
Besides using the HB wheels, most are using the 22-4 Fronts and 22 rears, since they are a little cheaper in price and direct fit on the hexes.

As for tires that really depends on your track or area. Best bet would be to visit your local track or tracks and see or ask what people like and what works.

The first page/post of thread has a lot of helpful information and tips as well.
will both of the 22-4 and 22 wheels fit on those new AVID hexes?
cripplethreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:49 PM   #9148
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripplethreat View Post
will both of the 22-4 and 22 wheels fit on those new AVID hexes?
the avid hexes replace the current 12mm kit hexes. so you can still use the 22-4 f/r tires. not 22 fronts
Old 05-13-2015, 08:02 PM   #9149
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
the avid hexes replace the current 12mm kit hexes. so you can still use the 22-4 f/r tires. not 22 fronts
thanks for not giving a smart ass answer like I was getting the other day. I'm glad I waited so I can order those hexes and I'll just got 22-4 wheels all around
cripplethreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:07 PM   #9150
Tech Adept

Sweet! I have a new toy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
Handle it hobbies in rancho Cucamonga even has the exotek stuff for it. ierc raceway has a few things in Loma linda San Bernardino . This car is so durable it's stupid.im starting to think it's more than my 8th scale mbx7 buggy.ive had since December and only broke one front shock shafts and original front tower. I drive it real hard and crash hard and everything else still 110% condition