R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree35Likes

Old 04-26-2015, 09:08 AM   #8956
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
That's awesome. U wanted to throw foam , shredded gear close enough. When my buddy talked me into 10th scale I said it's gotta do wheelies, twist chassis, and blow the tires off.i run a 5.5 and I'm ready to add boost and timing .the car just wants more I know what u mean.have fun
It's defi going to add to the amount of maintenance I do for sure, but that's part of the fun for me. It's not for everybody that is for sure, but I enjoy it. So many people told me how fast my car was it was pretty awesome. I've got to learn to use this speed to my advantage because I can tell the car likes it. I think I will have to buy some different springs for it and maybe some rear Pistons (VRP 2 hole 1.7 I'm thinking) to get it cornering how I want it with this much power.
mvrk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:44 AM   #8957
Tech Apprentice

I'm curious what others have for a RTR weight with their D413. I'm sitting at 1783 grams. I could loose another 40 grams if I replaced the 550 motor I have in it now with a 540 motor.

I don't think I can get much below 1743 grams though without buying a different servo and ESC though.
SeanKewley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:15 AM   #8958
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanKewley View Post
I'm curious what others have for a RTR weight with their D413. I'm sitting at 1783 grams. I could loose another 40 grams if I replaced the 550 motor I have in it now with a 540 motor.

I don't think I can get much below 1743 grams though without buying a different servo and ESC though.
You could use a light weight lipo and save 50 g more. Like the new reedy pack. Also lowers cg.
Tobiasmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:42 AM   #8959
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Okay. Here we go... I have a couple of questions that I really don't want to look through the 500+ pages for answers. I am seriously considering purchasing this buggy but there are a couple of concerns. 1st. I keep reading a lot about a ton of slop on the steering rack and in the arms.( is this due to running the wheeler and it creating slop with ware? Or when it is a fresh built kit?) 2nd. Parts support! The D413 had been out for about a while now and has that aspect changed or gotten better at all? That's probably one of my main concerns. Overall it looks solid!! Thanks in advance!
RacingCraze21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 12:40 PM   #8960
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Yes theres a little slop in the steering rack right out of the box. I ordered a exotek steering rack havent got it in yet. I race on a loose outdoor track I dont think the slop would be that noticeable. My b44.1 has slop also
Old 04-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #8961
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingCraze21 View Post
Okay. Here we go... I have a couple of questions that I really don't want to look through the 500+ pages for answers. I am seriously considering purchasing this buggy but there are a couple of concerns. 1st. I keep reading a lot about a ton of slop on the steering rack and in the arms.( is this due to running the wheeler and it creating slop with ware? Or when it is a fresh built kit?) 2nd. Parts support! The D413 had been out for about a while now and has that aspect changed or gotten better at all? That's probably one of my main concerns. Overall it looks solid!! Thanks in advance!
Exotek steering rack fixes slop, I recommend all of the Exotek stuff for this car. Parts support isn't much better but this car breaks less frequently than most so it's not a big deal.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:26 PM   #8962
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrk28 View Post
Exotek steering rack fixes slop, I recommend all of the Exotek stuff for this car. Parts support isn't much better but this car breaks less frequently than most so it's not a big deal.
IMO the rack is the only must have. I am by no means a great driver and have never found a need for any other alum bits.

Haigh Designz -Custom Airbrushing
Leisure Hours Hobby and Raceway!!
Yeti AS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:46 PM   #8963
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti AS3 View Post
IMO the rack is the only must have. I am by no means a great driver and have never found a need for any other alum bits.
I disagree. The spur gear is a huge improvement over stock, the spring perches are also much better than what the kit includes they hold the spring much better and fit tight to the eyelet.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:46 PM   #8964
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (98%+)

So today was the first day at the track with my d413. I got this 2nd hand a few days ago and had no idea what the setup was in it. Car still did really well and ended up finishing 2nd. I am the only one at the track that runs this so I'm not able to get any tips from other racers. Going to go through it in the next few days and put a baseline in it. Any suggestions? Clay outdoor track. Surface gets rougher as the day goes on.
http://www.evolutionrcraceway.com/#2775
Here is a pink to the track website to give you an idea of the track. Thanks for any and all help.
Trinity
Futaba 4px
wheres_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:05 PM   #8965
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
It's defi going to add to the amount of maintenance I do for sure, but that's part of the fun for me. It's not for everybody that is for sure, but I enjoy it. So many people told me how fast my car was it was pretty awesome. I've got to learn to use this speed to my advantage because I can tell the car likes it. I think I will have to buy some different springs for it and maybe some rear Pistons (VRP 2 hole 1.7 I'm thinking) to get it cornering how I want it with this much power.
Pistons made big difference for me. I've tried other springs and kit ones seem best. Rcshox 1.6 and 1.7. I just got back from track and had a great time . nothing broke again
nitro2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:09 PM   #8966
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingCraze21 View Post
Yes, out of the box slop.as already said exotek rack and I use xb4 short bushings for front hub carriers big difference. I bought spare parts and still have not used them except one front tower and I've had my buggy since December and go to track almost every week.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:05 PM   #8967
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have to give credit where credit is do. This is hands down the BEST kit I have ever assembled. Love that each bag is labeled with "ONLY" the parts needed for the step you're working on. No extras pieces to carry over for a step a few pages later. Only 2 more bags until it's complete. First run will be this Friday
Old 04-26-2015, 10:12 PM   #8968
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
I have to give credit where credit is do. This is hands down the BEST kit I have ever assembled. Love that each bag is labeled with "ONLY" the parts needed for the step you're working on. No extras pieces to carry over for a step a few pages later. Only 2 more bags until it's complete. First run will be this Friday
AND IT WILL BE THE BEST DRIVING KIT YOU EVER HAD TOO. I've had 7 brand new kits in 4 years and this is hands down best one. If your running indoor clay go with 15 reedy setup it's money
Old 04-26-2015, 10:18 PM   #8969
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Quote:
Exotek steering rack fixes some of the slop, I recommend all of the Exotek stuff for this car. Parts support isn't much better but this car breaks less frequently than most so it's not a big deal.
fixed for accuracy.
RC*PHREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:22 PM   #8970
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
AND IT WILL BE THE BEST DRIVING KIT YOU EVER HAD TOO. I've had 7 brand new kits in 4 years and this is hands down best one. If your running indoor clay go with 15 reedy setup it's money
Thanks for the info.