R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree28Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2015, 09:55 AM   #8791
Tech Regular
 
mvrk28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasiisaM View Post
Ahhhhh...I got yea..

Report back when yea have a day on it.
Will do, Fantom actually recommended a few changes to the motor. Went with a 5.5 (my call there) but they said the 13mm rotor is going to have a lot of torque and if anything go with the 12mm comes stock with a 12.5mm so I'm going to run stock for now and maybe pick up the 12 and 13 down the road. They actually recommended stock bearings for off road, they said the ABEC 7 bearings are better suited to on road cars so I deleted those.

I kept the Teflon shims and aluminum timing ring, will mess with rotors later.
__________________
Team Durango DESC10 - Tekin Pro 4 HD 4300, Protek, VRP, Proline, Sanwa
TLR 22t 3.0 - Tekin Gen 3 8.5t, Protek, VRP, Proline, Sanwa
VANT LIPOS
mvrk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:32 AM   #8792
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,909
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrk28 View Post
Will do, Fantom actually recommended a few changes to the motor. Went with a 5.5 (my call there) but they said the 13mm rotor is going to have a lot of torque and if anything go with the 12mm comes stock with a 12.5mm so I'm going to run stock for now and maybe pick up the 12 and 13 down the road. They actually recommended stock bearings for off road, they said the ABEC 7 bearings are better suited to on road cars so I deleted those.

I kept the Teflon shims and aluminum timing ring, will mess with rotors later.
a 5.5 has a crap ton or toque and speed, you dont need more rotors
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:57 AM   #8793
Tech Adept
 
Chr1s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: york, pa
Posts: 205
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I use the trinity d4 5.5t, which is basically the same as the ion v4. the power delivery is very good. It not overally torquey but still fast when you need
__________________
Chris Kline

Last edited by Chr1s; 04-10-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Chr1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:00 AM   #8794
Tech Adept
 
Chr1s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: york, pa
Posts: 205
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Also my lap times improved when i went from a reedy 6.5 to the d4 5.5
__________________
Chris Kline
Chr1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:30 PM   #8795
Tech Master
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,811
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

It's amazing to me how people want to rag on someone for buying hopups or spending money on their rig ,needed or not,what do you care? This is not a cheap hobby to begin with$1200 min buy in.Some people HAVE more$$$$ than You do!!!Get over it!!!I'm Just amazed his girlfriend supports this Addiction!!!!!Cheers!!!!
__________________
Toy Car Playerz
West Coast
BmainStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:05 PM   #8796
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 200
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I just picked up a 413 as my first 4wd buggy. I read through several pages of this thread and I would like to make sure I understand something.
The front wheels from my 22 will fit the front, but they are 1mm narrower than the 4wd wheels. For an average club racer, will that 1mm really make a difference? I would like to use the same wheels to reduce spare parts requirements.
Do most use the same tire front to back or is mismatching common?
For a track where 2wd are using slicks, would you recommend slicks on a 4wd?
ncpantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:45 PM   #8797
Tech Master
 
Yeti AS3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: lockport,IL
Posts: 1,347
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpantherfan View Post
I just picked up a 413 as my first 4wd buggy. I read through several pages of this thread and I would like to make sure I understand something.
The front wheels from my 22 will fit the front, but they are 1mm narrower than the 4wd wheels. For an average club racer, will that 1mm really make a difference? I would like to use the same wheels to reduce spare parts requirements.
Do most use the same tire front to back or is mismatching common?
For a track where 2wd are using slicks, would you recommend slicks on a 4wd?
22-4 front are what most run on the 413. I wouldn't run 2wd fronts. You can def run slicks on 4wd...there just a little tuning from pin tire setups. Mismatched tires are common and used for tuning traction and handling. It is especially important on 2WDs.
__________________
Hot Bodies D413
AE B5m

Haigh Designz -Custom Airbrushing
Leisure Hours Hobby and Raceway!!
Yeti AS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:20 PM   #8798
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 200
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti AS3 View Post
22-4 front are what most run on the 413. I wouldn't run 2wd fronts. You can def run slicks on 4wd...there just a little tuning from pin tire setups. Mismatched tires are common and used for tuning traction and handling. It is especially important on 2WDs.
What issues are caused by 2wd wheels? Some manufacturers even lost the same part number. 4wd is totally new to me, I am trying to understand it.
Thanks
ncpantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:36 PM   #8799
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 145
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

What about front rims that fit a B44? I just tried to update my old azz B44 but the steering rack is horrible so I gave up and bought the D413.

Now I have nice black rims and a few packs of tires for the B44. The fronts are much skinnier than the rears on the B44. Can I still use these wheels on the D413 successfully???

Thanks peeps. Happy F-ing Friday!!
dblhelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:46 PM   #8800
Tech Master
 
Yeti AS3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: lockport,IL
Posts: 1,347
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpantherfan View Post
What issues are caused by 2wd wheels? Some manufacturers even lost the same part number. 4wd is totally new to me, I am trying to understand it.
Thanks
The offset is different and will cause handling issues. The 2wd wheel and tire is narrower as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblhelx View Post
What about front rims that fit a B44? I just tried to update my old azz B44 but the steering rack is horrible so I gave up and bought the D413.

Now I have nice black rims and a few packs of tires for the B44. The fronts are much skinnier than the rears on the B44. Can I still use these wheels on the D413 successfully???

Thanks peeps. Happy F-ing Friday!!
I believe the 413 comes with optional smaller hexes to fit the B44 front wheels. B44 rears will fit.
__________________
Hot Bodies D413
AE B5m

Haigh Designz -Custom Airbrushing
Leisure Hours Hobby and Raceway!!
Yeti AS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:21 PM   #8801
Tech Addict
 
Dog Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 605
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Dog Runner
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpantherfan View Post
I just picked up a 413 as my first 4wd buggy. I read through several pages of this thread and I would like to make sure I understand something.
The front wheels from my 22 will fit the front, but they are 1mm narrower than the 4wd wheels. For an average club racer, will that 1mm really make a difference? I would like to use the same wheels to reduce spare parts requirements.
Do most use the same tire front to back or is mismatching common?
For a track where 2wd are using slicks, would you recommend slicks on a 4wd?
Getting 1 or 2 sets of proper 4wd front tires/wheels will be well worth it. Your $800 investment in kit & electronics will be much more fun when you add $20 worth of the most important thing any car can have, which is tires
__________________
JR
Need a real estate agent? I can help.
Dog Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:24 PM   #8802
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 200
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti AS3 View Post
The offset is different and will cause handling issues. The 2wd wheel and tire is narrower as well.
Does anyone know the measurement from inside hex to inside edge of wheel? I got several sets of wheels with the car and I would like to check if they are 22 or 413 wheels.
ncpantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:24 PM   #8803
Tech Addict
 
Dog Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 605
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Dog Runner
Default

I'm hesitant to spend $85 on the Schelle CF chassis when the kit just works so well out of the box. For those that have it, is this a must-have or just a nice-to-have? I'm a fairly consistent driver and would be very happy with gaining just .2 or .3 per lap if there's that type of potential in adding this upgrade.
__________________
JR
Need a real estate agent? I can help.
Dog Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:01 PM   #8804
Tech Apprentice
 
SeanKewley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Hustisford, WI
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Runner View Post
Getting 1 or 2 sets of proper 4wd front tires/wheels will be well worth it. Your $800 investment in kit & electronics will be much more fun when you add $20 worth of the most important thing any car can have, which is tires
What would you add to your arsenal of tires if given $200 in gift cards like me?
SeanKewley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:04 PM   #8805
Tech Addict
 
Dog Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 605
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Dog Runner
Default

All the practice and race time you can buy.
__________________
JR
Need a real estate agent? I can help.
Dog Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:31 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net