Metric. 1.6mm. 1.7mm.
Thank you!
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:44 PM   #8732
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
Im running 10/100/5 and its money on indoor clay. ive tried many different ones, 7/60/3 7/100/3 and 10/100/5 is the ticket for me. if you drop the front you will loose a little on power steering and dropping back you will loose forward traction but will be easier on loose track. on a loose track I would try the 10/60/3. if thats to easy to drive go back up to 10/100/3.

my diffs dont leak, my center did and it was my fault. fixed now.
Thanks ill give it a try.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:04 AM   #8733
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys, just ordered myself the D414 buggy, any tips tricks to build it, my track is smooth indoor clay.
Also what spares do I need to order? Anything that wears or will brake on a decent hit?
RCRACER2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:32 AM   #8734
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Last night I was rebuilding shocks to use the Traxxas O-rings and couldn't get them to bleed right with making them Emulsion. Every time I would bleed them, it created a vacuum affect and would suck the shock shaft more then half way up. On the other shock that still had the stock o-rings I bled the same way and worked out great.

Any advice from those that have used the Traxxas xrings...
snwchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:56 AM   #8735
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwchris View Post
Last night I was rebuilding shocks to use the Traxxas O-rings and couldn't get them to bleed right with making them Emulsion. Every time I would bleed them, it created a vacuum affect and would suck the shock shaft more then half way up. On the other shock that still had the stock o-rings I bled the same way and worked out great.

Any advice from those that have used the Traxxas xrings...
That's because the the xrings have less friction than the stock orings and the shock shaft slides easier. Sounds like the xring is doing is job. You probably have just as much vacuum in the shock with stock orings, it's just that the friction they create don't let the shaft slide as easy so they don't suck back as far.
jhautz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:38 AM   #8736
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRACER2X View Post
Hi guys, just ordered myself the D414 buggy, any tips tricks to build it, my track is smooth indoor clay.
Also what spares do I need to order? Anything that wears or will brake on a decent hit?
Exotek steering rack,exotek spring retainers,one spare front tower,xray xb4 short front hub bushings 4, rcshox pistons, and 2015 reedy set up.extra shims/washers hb orange.lots of 3x20 flat head screws, aluminum shock caps,and sworks 104 wing no holes, proline body, Lunsford turn buckles.

Wow That's a lot of stuff lol have fun
nitro2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:22 AM   #8737
Tech Master

Quote:
Exotek steering rack,exotek spring retainers,one spare front tower,xray xb4 short front hub bushings 4, rcshox pistons, and 2015 reedy set up.extra shims/washers hb orange.lots of 3x20 flat head screws, aluminum shock caps,and sworks 104 wing no holes, proline body, Lunsford turn buckles.

Ummm when you price all that out its expensive as hell....

I have none of those and still running my kit since September, using original turn buckles and rod ends, stock pistons drilled out to 2x1.6 & 2x1.7
The biggest item I've upgraded to was the Schelle chassis which made a huge difference in the car performing.

For the most part its all nice items to upgrade as you have time or money, but don't see them as must haves.

IMO I would order spare Spur Gears, front tower, maybe some rod ends and maybe front arms, B5 Composite Shock Caps and Composite standoffs, the HB washers/shims. The only wear item I've had to replace was the Spur gear that I chewed up.
snwchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:47 AM   #8738
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:

Replace the rc shox pistons with the VRP's and you're on the right track. Also add Exotek spur.
mvrk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:00 AM   #8739
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrk28 View Post
Replace the rc shox pistons with the VRP's and you're on the right track. Also add Exotek spur.
The RCshox are better IMO. The VRP come with flimsy rubber flaps.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:09 AM   #8740
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:

You really shouldn't be telling people they need all that stuff. They absolutely don't.

Definitely get some good quality m3 X 20mm flat head screws and pay attention to your arms mounts. I keep bending the screws, even without crashing.

I believe the aluminum shock caps are a needed upgrade, but just on the front. There are other options to keep the front shocks from popping off, such as mentioned by snwchris above.

I would pick up a shock plastics set, extra front shock shafts, front tower brace and maybe a spur gear. The shim kit is good to have as well.

If you are bothered by the steering slop, the Exotek or RCShox ackerman bar will help. The x-ray ball studs work great to take out more slop but are ridiculously expensive for a pair. Be aware that the height of the balls is lower than stock D413 balls which can limit your adjustments once you shim to make them match up with the stock balls.

I filed my hub bushings and that worked fine but I'm sure the xray parts make it easier.

I run the sworks wing and like it but it does add weight to the car and it's up high.

As far as a setup and shock pistons, that will depend on your track. Pay attention to what track conditions any online setup was used for. I run indoor smooth carpet and the stock pistons with more holes are great for that.

-Chris
38.4 percent of RC tuning is 75 percent placebo effect
87.26 percent of statistics are just made up
iScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:29 AM   #8741
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
To each their own, I much prefer the VRP. Also the flaps being flimsy helps speed up rebound.
mvrk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:29 AM   #8742
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
they are made that way by design and will last a lifetime!
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
boudin4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:30 AM   #8743
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
To each their own, I much prefer the VRP. Also the flaps being flimsy helps speed up rebound.
+1
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
boudin4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:33 AM   #8744
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The only part I bought that is an upgrade is the exotek aluminum steering Ackerman. All other parts I have are breakables. The exotek ackerman is the only part I would say is a necessary upgrade. This buggy drives awesome and is very tough. This is my opinion so take it for what it's worth.
youtube.com/user/egobrkr
Thanks to my sponsors Mugen Seiki and Radiopost
egobrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:16 AM   #8745
Tech Addict

Quote:
+1...Don't really see how they can be called flimsy..its a design feature that allows quicker rebound and IMO works just as they should on the tracks I run on.

Thanks to:
Tekin - www.teamtekin.com
Thunder Designs - www.thunderdesigns.net
MasiisaM is offline   Reply With Quote