R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree36Likes

Old 03-30-2015, 03:52 PM   #8656
Tech Apprentice

I apologize for taking the thread off topic with my inquiry about tires and this kit on indoor clay tracks. I'm new to the forum and didn't understand this was bad etiquette.
SeanKewley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:13 PM   #8657
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok so I'm going to go tell all my family I love them and I'll see them on the other side. All of this apologizing, is the world ending and no one cared to let us all know?
CaseyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:28 PM   #8658
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyD View Post
Ok so I'm going to go tell all my family I love them and I'll see them on the other side. All of this apologizing, is the world ending and no one cared to let us all know?
Sorry about that.
38.4 percent of RC tuning is 75 percent placebo effect
87.26 percent of statistics are just made up
iScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:32 PM   #8659
Tech Apprentice

Me too :-)
SeanKewley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:34 PM   #8660
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

check these out. way cheaper than HB

http://www.avidrc.com/product/5/acce...cessories.html
Old 03-30-2015, 05:09 PM   #8661
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post

Two questions, first is there a measurable difference in arm stiffness between glued plastic and screwed in carbon? Not sure if I could bring myself to glue carbon inserts in.

Second, has anyone found any other brand camber link ends that are captured like the two outside rears? I know it's driver error but I've been through 3 of them in a fairly short time. I'm just wondering that way if I get in a pinch I could throw them on. Plus if you look at the stock ones they are pretty flimsy from the get go. I've looked at traxxas captured ends but they are too thick. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:17 PM   #8662
Tech Regular

Quote:
Two questions, first is there a measurable difference in arm stiffness between glued plastic and screwed in carbon? Not sure if I could bring myself to glue carbon inserts in.

Second, has anyone found any other brand camber link ends that are captured like the two outside rears? I know it's driver error but I've been through 3 of them in a fairly short time. I'm just wondering that way if I get in a pinch I could throw them on. Plus if you look at the stock ones they are pretty flimsy from the get go. I've looked at traxxas captured ends but they are too thick. Thanks.
I believe serpent srx 2wd mm uses captured camber link ends.
turtle189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:21 PM   #8663
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:

A little work but you won't break another oitside rear link end. Scuff up the little divot on each side where it breaks and clean with alcohol. Take CF plate and scrape the edge with a razor blade to make CF powder. Put some powder in the divot and add a drop of CA. Let it dry (no accelerator) and file any lumps that may interfere with the hub. Through testing ...I'm 100% confident it works

Haigh Designz -Custom Airbrushing
Leisure Hours Hobby and Raceway!!
Yeti AS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:21 PM   #8664
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:

yeah, the carbon inserts stiffen it up a lot. you would need to try it unglued to see if you like it. I dont know your traction levels. but gluing the inserts in does add more stiffness.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:57 PM   #8665
Tech Addict

Quote:
yeah, the carbon inserts stiffen it up a lot. you would need to try it unglued to see if you like it. I dont know your traction levels. but gluing the inserts in does add more stiffness.
I run the fronts glued plastic right now. Not sure if i really notice a difference, believe me though, definitely my lack of skill not that glueing them in didn't make them stiffer.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:00 PM   #8666
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle189 View Post
I believe serpent srx 2wd mm uses captured camber link ends.
serpent? I'm trying to find a more readily available part, not harder to find. just playin, thanks.

Im going to try the carbon powder trick.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:38 PM   #8667
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhambrent View Post
Damn now I want new tires and ice cream.
Me too!

Quote:

Just peeled a glued carbon insert... had to cut away some plastic from the arm to get it started. Once it was out, I used a razor blade to scrape all the glue off... it's now ready to glue into another arm! Moral of the story... don't feel bad about gluing the carbon inserts, they are still reusable.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:06 PM   #8668
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
Me too!

Just peeled a glued carbon insert... had to cut away some plastic from the arm to get it started. Once it was out, I used a razor blade to scrape all the glue off... it's now ready to glue into another arm! Moral of the story... don't feel bad about gluing the carbon inserts, they are still reusable.
That is good to know I was wanting to glue mine.so does this mean you broke a Front arm?
Old 03-31-2015, 06:39 AM   #8669
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
That is good to know I was wanting to glue mine.so does this mean you broke a Front arm?
Well, yes (sort of) finally after nearly a year... Our recent track has a chicane with a sharp pipe that can catch cars if too close. I caught it with the rear tire and it just pulled the hub off of the arm, the plastic of the arm flexed enough for the hinge pin to come out. I put it back together and ran for several weeks, then it happened again (same place) and I put back together and ran a few more weeks. Finally the third time it happened, it started to tear some of the plastic away... I could have continued to run it, but decided to replace it (and I was curious to see if the CF plate could be recovered). I also have a set of outer hinge pins from another car that uses e-clips that I thought about using, as they would not allow the arm to spread... perhaps a nutted outer hinge pin would be good.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:05 AM   #8670
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

Cheaper still all 4pcs and include screws.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HB-D413-Grap.../161642733826?

I've ordered 2 sets of these and they are good quality and perfect fit.
GimpyGolden is offline   Reply With Quote